How to secure your wallet , exchange wallet, local wallet and online wallets - Page 2 - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
wasabiaki

How to secure your wallet , exchange wallet, local wallet and online wallets

On 10/13/2019 at 12:29 AM, wasabiaki said:

There are lots of ways to secure your wallets online and local ex. myetherwallet, local wallets, exchange 

In myetherwallet the no.1 thing you have to do is to make sure that the keys for the wallet are store and keep safe , make sure your putting your wallet erc20 not the keys when joining airdrops

Local wallets same thing secure and backup local wallet incase your pc breaks or damage, always keep in external or somewhere safe

Exchange wallets though not accepted in airdrops securing your exchange by putting lots of securities to make it safe, this is not recommended to keepnyour tokens but sometimes we have no choice, so always enable security features and remember also to backup the authenticator code

This are just some simple steps for securing wallets there are lots more in the web that you can try

Good tips so that the wallets are safe, even the oldest cryptocurrency users in general should know about this as part of an essential system in their currencies, and more if your pc is damaged, that if it would be something strong not to be able to recover the private keys without having made a previous backup.

You can use a paperwallet to secure your coins. If you need your coins use for example blockchain.com to do your transaction. After you do your transaction you sent your remaining coins to a new paperwallet to secure them offline.

Always seperate your funds, use cold storage. always turn off auto updates. and ofcourse service safety. because more online service are turn out to be scam.

In securing your wallet, I recommend to use multiple securities such as the 2FA or the Two-Factor security which adds safety level. For the local wallet, always assure that the keys are always kept safe. Make sure you back up your accounts incase your main gadget broke down. For the security wallet, use complex passwords and multiple layers of security. Do not give your passwords to anyone to be fully protected. 

On 10/13/2019 at 12:29 PM, wasabiaki said:

There are lots of ways to secure your wallets online and local ex. myetherwallet, local wallets, exchange 

In myetherwallet the no.1 thing you have to do is to make sure that the keys for the wallet are store and keep safe , make sure your putting your wallet erc20 not the keys when joining airdrops

Local wallets same thing secure and backup local wallet incase your pc breaks or damage, always keep in external or somewhere safe

Exchange wallets though not accepted in airdrops securing your exchange by putting lots of securities to make it safe, this is not recommended to keepnyour tokens but sometimes we have no choice, so always enable security features and remember also to backup the authenticator code

This are just some simple steps for securing wallets there are lots more in the web that you can try

Hmmm. You have a point, i agree with you, and i support your answer. Thanks for sharing your knowledge to us, especially to a newbie like me, this may be a help to add some knowledge to others. 

There are a lot of ways which through we can secure our wallet such as

•  using 2FA security
  • Delete all remote-access software.
  • Disable Auto-Updates for your wallet.
  • Secure mail service for crypto
  • Secure browsing with these extensions.
  • Use Password Generators.

Nice advice! I agree with you Exchange wallet was not designed and recommend to save our coin or token for a long time and it's better store our asset on paper wallet or website wallet like myetherwalelt for ERC-20 and Ethereum, We just need to be careful and add extra security like antivirus and 2fa.

Personally, I almost never use the protection of my wallets, since I don’t visit unknown sites, I have nothing to worry about.

I never go on unsafe links, because this is the way to nowhere, because if hackers or even other people get power over your data, you can safely say goodbye to everything you have on the Internet, it is best to use all possible protection.

The best way to secure your wallet passwords is to write them down on a piece of paper. You can also take a screenshot of them and store it in a secure location. I know that everything can be hacked, but that seems like a good idea.

Maybe crop out any information that lets you know what wallet it belongs to, it should work pretty good. I know people that send their wallet keys and passwords to themselves on Google, and this is a bad idea. Someone could hack your account, and gain access to all your money. 

Secure you wallets by don't sharing your codes or passwords to any body. And also protect your codes and be sure that no one can see it or guess you passcodes. 

some fa, professional primary, potent pass word, netmail notice, once you yet too embarrassed about person compromise the software, have a go with keep on all of the derived from one of folder, together with produce pass word relating to which usually folder. Consider benefit from potent antivirus, post to your computer defensive player security and safety. I main advice in this article is normally more than adequate, in the event that sole you’re able to can get on, for that reason don't allow or possibly have some to make sure you levied the software.

You can sequre your all type wallet. All crypto currency wallet is sequrity if you sae your all wallet personal file in safe place.like payer wallet is 3 type memonoic key json You can use anything all thing is safe.But its not share to other person.if you share they access your wallet easily.And if yo use exchange wallet you use Google authorication. or another 2fa app.Its very helpfull.

almost every wallet have some risk of getting hacked. we must be careful with phising and malicious website.  i think there is no safest place for you wallet key. you can't save it in cloud storage, your personal PC or your phone. it's too dangerous.  the hacker can be everywhere,

Edited by I-KUN

The safest thing to avoid these wallets is that they are completely unsafe.You can use them to collect some tokens.If you have large sums of money, it's best to use offline wallets, or at least use a desktop wallet and keep your private key in a safe place.

For me the best way to secure your wallet is, first of all do not forget your password. and dont store all your coins or funds in a one wallet, i mean its better if you are using 2 kind of wallets, the online wallets and hardware wallets. separating your funds is a good idea.

On 12/1/2019 at 5:29 PM, Illumate777 said:

I installed 2fa factor sothat im be sure is being safe my wallet..and becareful to click anonymous link because many phishing website now..they get your info )

I have also use in some site and wallet the 2Fa factors which is very good for the security of of our assets and i think the all assets holders need to use this security.

Edited by Zentoly

To secure exchange wallet all should use 2fa security option. if any one active this then no one cant steal his asset. for local asset we can take 2 back ups for the private key.

On 12/8/2019 at 7:20 PM, Akbor said:

To secure exchange wallet all should use 2fa security option. if any one active this then no one cant steal his asset. for local asset we can take 2 back ups for the private key.

Right to say the 2fa security is a very best way for securing your wallet, local wallet, exchange wallet and online wallets and I think its a very best idea for all crypto holders.

Mostly I agree with you because that is the right step. Just another advice for all member, never share your device and always check any link that send into your wallet, email and social media, scammer work from there. Keep safe and enjoy the profit.

I think the best way to secure your wallet is dont tell anyone your password, and always have a backup when you lost your key. and the best way to not forget your password is save it offline.

I secure my wallet using  hardware   wallet.

Now a days many mobile wallets popular. 

I always store my private key save offline system.

If you safe your wallet you can save your private key in offline safe place.     

The security of your account will depend on you.If your account password is very strong and you do not share the important information of your account with anyone, you will not be able to hack your account easily.

I believe the actual protection of the accounts is determined by a person, if you don't reveal information regarding your own accounts along with anybody, your own accounts won't be hacked, you won't inform anybody regarding your own accounts, your accounts are going to be guarded.