Books that helped me in my work as a trader - Page 3 - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Donslens10

Books that helped me in my work as a trader

Why logical and reason based people are believing on luck ? If there is the reason of luck only, there would not be so many people earning through trading, you need to learn the skill. 

• +1 1

I wouldn't say anything book helped me than the ones on the exchange and few others ones online. For example, on binance, there is binance guild, the guild is helping to the extent if someone can be patient to read, he will know a lot about trading. The guild is well explanatory. It was the guild that helped me to know all about trading. 

I read this book "The Disciplined Trader" some time ago, it is remarkable how the author deals with the subject of emotions and discipline. In my opinion one of the fundamental elements of any trader should be nerves and patience.

My favorite is “One Up On Wall Street: How To Use What You Already Know To Make Money In the Market” by Peter Lynch

This classic is one of the first trading books I ever read. It’s dated in some areas but still brilliant in others. If you’re a long term trader/HODLer this book will help you sniff out the winners like they were Tanqueray. Most people tend to think of the best traders as math geniuses but that’s not always the case. I’ve noticed that tons of the top market slayers come from eclectic backgrounds. They suck at math or only get the broad strokes at an intuitive level. They tend to try their hand at lots of things, have a zig-zag early career and study widely. That makes them interdisciplinary thinkers. They see things everyone else misses, a key to success in the markets.Lynch was an average student of liberal arts before managing one of the most successful funds in history. He specialized in finding high growth stocks before anyone else.

A lot has changed since he was trading. He admits to being a technophobe and hates computers. Today nobody trades without a computer. A lot of your opponents on the battlefield are nothing but computers these days. No human need apply.

And there are more pros in the market than ever before, which means we’re up against smarter foes. But much of the common sense he brings to the table applies today as much as it did in the early 80’s.

Most importantly Lynch focused on using what you know to make decisions. He cultivated a strong curiosity and paid close attention to the world around him. If his wife or his kids came home with a brand new shopping bag, he wanted to know something about it. If he spotted a number of stores popping up in his area, he started digging.

Today information moves a lot faster and it may seem impossible to find a store that investors have never heard of but it’s not impossible. Many people struggle to see the future. Unless something is already big and popular they can’t imagine it taking off like a rocket. But if you want to find high growth stocks you have to develop a deep desire to see what the future holds and find it before everyone else does.

The Big Short – Michael Lewis

A modern classic in finance literature, this book was the definitive account of the 2008 global financial crisis – widely regarded as the most serious market downturn since the 1930’s Great Depression.

Lewis is recognised globally for his ability to describe complex financial concepts in a simple way, and his fast-paced recap of how close the world came to financial disaster was shortlisted for numerous awards.

Click here for an interactive video recap of the book by IG Markets’ Client Manager Bianca Fischer.

(Mike Bellafiore - "One good trade")
A lot of useful things: the principles of the propa, the selection of traders, human destinies, why most lose, a list of requirements for the trade. Bellafiore is a darling.

(Mark Douglas - "The disciplined trader", "Trading in the zone")
A lot of useful things: mother evolution did not prepare a person for trading at all, he is an outright loser in this regard, he can only run through the jungle and hunt mammoths. However, mark Douglas very well describes in his books what is not suitable for trading in a person and how to fix it. This is a Bible for every trader.

(Joe DiNapoli - "Trading with DiNapoli levels")
Useful information: how oscillators work in combination with levels; why even fibs with indicators are better used in fast markets; psychological aspects; and why fibs will always work.

(Larry Williams - "Long term secrets of short term trading")
I read it a long time ago, but from the useful: motivates.

(Tom Williams - "Master the markets", "The undeclared secrets that drive the stock market")
A lot of useful things: markets are manipulated (just like in real life), but the main thing is that it can be read in real time. The Vsashnik Bible.

(Edwin Lefevre - "Reminiscences of a stock operator")
A lot of useful things: the psychology of a beginner, the psychology of an experienced trader, the path of a trader, the benefits of long-term trading. And it's just interesting and useful to read a fiction book.

(Curtis Faith - "Way of the Turtle")
A lot of useful things: the psychology of a beginner, the psychology of an experienced trader, the system should be simple, motivating things.

(Jack Schwager - "Market wizards", "Stock market wizards", "The new market wizards")
A lot of useful things: it is better to listen to a great trader once than to dig into the indicators. In the words of the monsters of the market, you find a wealth of experience, things that you later realize over the years.

(Alexander Elder - "Trading for a living", "Come into my trading room")
Useful information: the Bible on the psychology of trading; a little bit about technical analysis... but more about psychology. And envelopes.

(Michael Mauboussin - "More than you know")
A collection of essays about the investment wisdom. You can start reading from any page. A must-read that puts everything in place and helps save years of time.

• +1 1

On 10/13/2019 at 12:01 AM, Donslens10 said:

Luck, chance, optionality ... learn very important concepts, which will help you when planning operations. Minimize risks to unexpected events and even benefit from them. It is a very interesting way of thinking, here I leave you my dear friend!:
1. Is there luck? Cheated by chance.
2. The Black Swan: the impact of the highly unlikely.
3. Antifragile: the things that benefit from the disorder.
There are many more works with which you can continue to grow as a trader, but I think these titles should not stop reading them. Most of them you can find on Amazon or specialized libraries.

🥰

I have actually heard about all 3 books, but only read "Is there luck? Cheated by chance." This book turned out to be very informative for me as a novice trader. Thanks for the reminder, I will definitely read the rest of the books in the future.

For my part, I recommend the book "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator," written by Edwin Lefèvre.

• +5 1

Excellent contribution for those who are starting, I have always said that to be a trader you have to prepare if you do not run the risk of losing everything. And another thing that I have to have for me is self-control that is the main basis of a trader

12 hours ago, Redhouane said:

Having a specific and approved strategy for developing any practice that requires us a lot of time is the right approach.  In the event that we may spend a lot of time reading and consuming information, few of us may develop the skill of reading well.

To benefit from any book we have read, we must plan for recording, visualization, and implementation on the ground by drawing the information we have acquired.

I agree with this statement. When I was a beginner, I made bad decisions and I was losing money all the time.
I decided to develop myself and I have been investing in my development and for a year I have been reading books on Self Improvement and cryptocurrencies. I have been recommending this approach for a long time, my investments are becoming more profitable.

Edited by rocki

One of my favorite books is "The Ultimate Guide to Price Action Trading". It has an excellent rating on the GoodReads platform.

It has been a while since I last read a good price action trading book. Concise, to the point and answering all questions that a beginner trader looking for answers from the price action field might ask for.
Great Book, brothers!!

On 9/21/2020 at 10:11 AM, BitcryptoHan said:

I wouldn't say anything book helped me than the ones on the exchange and few others ones online. For example, on binance, there is binance guild, the guild is helping to the extent if someone can be patient to read, he will know a lot about trading. The guild is well explanatory. It was the guild that helped me to know all about trading. 

Really? I didn't know about it. I rarely use binance and didn't know this option yet. Where can I find it? Is it payable?

• +3 1

What good books ,of all the ones you mention,i only read the black swan .the others have already been recommended to me but i could never read them,the topics look interesting,thank you.

I'm also small Crypto traders and I always making profit. I hope you are earning good. Some books are very good to learn about trading and before coins trading, first we have learn how to control emotions. Emotion and decision is important in trading.

I really don't read any books about trading or Crypto currency i have all my experience in a lot of tutorial that i have seen or read in youtube or some website . Because i think if someone have any experience and share it with us he can do that for free don't need to write a book and sell it to make money

On 13.10.2019 at 05:01, Donslens10 said:

Luck, chance, optionality ... learn very important concepts, which will help you when planning operations. Minimize risks to unexpected events and even benefit from them. It is a very interesting way of thinking, here I leave you my dear friend!:
1. Is there luck? Cheated by chance.
2. The Black Swan: the impact of the highly unlikely.
3. Antifragile: the things that benefit from the disorder.
There are many more works with which you can continue to grow as a trader, but I think these titles should not stop reading them. Most of them you can find on Amazon or specialized libraries.

🥰

Thanks for the share! I've read The Black Swan already, a great book, I really loved it a lot. The other two are on the list) I can also recommend you to read BE LEFT BEHIND by Steve Good and SWING TRADING by BRIAN PRICE. These two are awesome books as well. 

Thank you for this informative post. There are lots of books that is available and meant for providing knowledge related to cryptocurrency investments and trading. Some of these books I find really helpful to enhance the crypto knowledge further. I would suggest some name of books, that I personally had in my bookshelf,

1. The Bitcoin Standard; The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banking

2. Blockchain; The Ultimate Collection Guide To Mastering Bitcoin, Ethereum & Other Cryptocurrencies

3. Cryptoassets; The Innovative Investor's Guide to Bitcoin and Beyond

Edited by pacific

I have read one of these books, itsvery interesting and helpful for sel-educating. It's written by easy language, there are no different difficult words. Recommend to all

Books put us on the right track. How many people have so many opinions, respectively, all represent differently trading. Your task is to find your common ground and convey to yourself how to analyze the market, buy and sell coins

On 10/12/2019 at 8:27 PM, Donslens10 said:

With regard to the endings I could tell you several, but in particular everything is within oneself, adapting to the situations to be able to do a decent and winning job is the most expected of you. My strategy is simple: overcome myself every day as a trader in the market, manage my psychology, you know? not everything is technical; You may be the best in your class but if you are late to class, you miss the exam. You see? This is how trading works, no matter how much you have in certified material or education or if your dad owns IBM and tells you that he will do the market tomorrow morning, patience and discipline is everything, without it nothing.

You have all the reason. since the beginning of time the human being is characterized by its adaptability and in this case it should not be the opposite. by logic ...

18 minutes ago, Irish777 said:

"TECHNICAL ANALYSIS OF FINANCIAL MARKETS" BY JOHN J. MURPHY
Of the many books on stock trading, this one is considered the best in the field of technical analysis. Despite the complexity of the given topic, the book is written in clear language, abounds in a huge number of illustrated examples with a detailed explanation. It describes the main tools for analysis, price models, time cycles, trends, strategies and tactics that every trader will appreciate.

Despite the complexity of the given topic. It is true that this writer is very knowledgeable on the subject. But true in this ecosystem, not everything is in the books, it is also in subjectivity ...

31 minutes ago, Salam188 said:

You can learn more about cryptocurrency trading books, find some e-books on shopping on Google, և follow the instructions for sales information.

Seriously one can look at books to make purchases on google and it is so necessary to direct it by cough means that there is not enough information about the seller or the buyer ...

I have read Black Swan which is a reputed book and I advise everyone to read it that will help you grow an idea.

Books that I really liked or I still plan to read
  Steve Neeson "Candlesticks: Graphical Analysis of Financial Markets"
Michael W. Covel “Market Trends. How to make money by observing market trends "
L. Kolmykova "Fundamental Analysis of Financial Markets"

• +3 1

On 12/10/2019 at 19:46, Donslens10 said:

Creo que lo que todos los traders necesitan es ser pacientes y hacerse enemigos de la impaciencia, la psicología va de la mano con estos impulsos. Ser o no ser.

es muy dificil tradear y tener nervios de acero.

en lo personal me ayuda muchisimo los bots en malla

On 10/13/2019 at 12:46 AM, Donslens10 said:

I think what all traders need is to be patient and make enemies of impatience, psychology goes hand in hand with these impulses. to be or not to be.

Hello, I'm with you, impatience is a great enemy in this world of cryptocurrencies.The keys to be victorious in this is to study the plays well and patience and more patience
a big greeting to the whole community