Kingjames

Don't store your password online

Thank you for suggesting this.
I also want to say that storing passwords online is really not recommended for everyone. This way people can access any account if we save our password.

I believe that private key and crypto-related passwords should be stored in a secure place on a stick or hardware where no one else has access to you. I keep them on 2 sticks that I only use to make sure I won't lose them.

Yes. That is a mistake we have all made. Because I used to keep my passwords in my email and once they tried to hack me and there I made the decision to keep all passwords and private information in another way.

That is a big mistake that a lot of newbies make, storing their passwords on emails and online websites because they can be very easily hacked. Best way to store your passwords is in a personal paper notebook that you keep at your house.

i agree
you can use an offline password manager to make your password be safe, this way no one hacks you and yu can use a big password and unique for security

yes this iswhy a suggest nano ledger : 

At Ledger we are developping hardware wallet technology that provides the highest level of security for crypto assets

you think can hacker take control of email like google mail , and stole all your comptes in site, i think it is imposible 

My Opinion from my Heart ❤️ if you find my content helpful feel free give it a "LIKE" ❤️

On 10/3/2019 at 9:24 PM, Kingjames said:

Hello members my friend etherwallet has been hacked, this is possible because all his private key and password are save in his email. So I advice everyone here to be careful not to store your password in your mails because hackers will send a software online that will ask you to tap yes on what you don't even know, if you mistakenly tap yes they will have access to your account and get your password. 

As much safe as we might think we are, there will always be a chance for hackers to get our private keys... this is why we should always store them off line and in at least 2 different locations...

I just love the good old paper... no hacker can get it unless it physically gets his hands into it...

but paper has it's risks like fire or water...so think it through and keep safe

It still amazes me the stupidity of some people these days. Storing your passwords and private keys on a email online lol. And then he opens a email from someone he does not know? I mean these are the basic "don't do" golden rules. Sorry for his loss, but he deserved it in my opinion, and hopefully he will have learnt a harsh lesson.

Once you put any of your information online, it will be vulnerable. Everything that is on the internet is vulnerable for hacking and stealing of information. So I do suggest also that do not store any of your private information online since it might be used for crime or other illegals stuffs.

On 10/16/2019 at 3:26 AM, Nicecrypto said:

It I never recommend for anyone to store their wallet password private keys or any other logging in information in any online drive. That's usually the easiest way for hackers to steal your login info and get access to your crypto assets. Saving them in a hardware or writing them in a book/diary is better. 

Yeah that's right. Just be careful on how you want to store your information about your money because in one wrong move all your money may wiped out. Consider as an advice to more aware that not all wallets are safe. 

I use old school methods - writing my passwords and other things like this on the peace of paper. 

I understand those people who save their logins in a text doc on the computer, you may just copy paste your login and passwords to not type it, but as this case shows this strategy isn't safe. 

4 minutes ago, guderfy14 said:

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Yes that's true even you have your password for example for social media site's there is no such thing as privacy online once you put anything in the internet it doesn't mean that your are the only one who knows your passwords in your account it doesn't necessarily that it is safe take note that who owns the site where your accounts is the admin see your files or everything  transparently you don't know that you are sharing your important things online so don't ever put in your account your very important  password,things or files online.

I get very paranoid storing info like this online. I really agree with you friend. Thigns can get very scary and insane out there.

On 10/15/2019 at 8:34 PM, Giovana B said:

so bad i had a few of my passwords saved in google drive and it's an insecure way to store it how i can save my passwords in a secure way?

For me a find a book which I do write about any important things such like that and write it down and keep it in a safe place.

11 hours ago, Javier said:

Guys be careful in storing passwords in email or anything in the online platform it can become a gateway to access your account. Make sure to use private computer or gadget for limit the users.

So many individual have been a victim of storing there password in online which lead to this hacker phishing in and get access to it which is very sad.

1 minute ago, Maruf7865 said:

The application As i hardly ever encourage capability to deliver to help you hold ones own purse account personalized house keys and all other hauling on tips in a web based dr. That could be in most cases the actual simplest way designed for hijackers to help you thieve ones own login tips and even obtain ones own crypto sources. Rescuing them all at a computer and authoring them all at a book/diary is ideal.

Thats not very good because people can still find it.

Its better to use random passwords and use them in a password manager which is also password encrypted

We all know how convenient it is to have our browser store our passwords, but there are so many ways that it can come back to bite us that I strongly recommend against it. Firstly, If your computer or mobile lost or stolen then games is over. Secondly, anyone can access your accounts. Thirdly, if your laptop or mobile is attacked by some hacker then your account will be in their control.

5 hours ago, Itsmeeek said:

Yeah it might be the only way to survive this crypto without getting scam, he has 90 percentage probability of been secured

That's nice dude. Nice having you and and taking to you have a great time here

6 hours ago, M Aqeel said:

We all know how convenient it is to have our browser store our passwords, but there are so many ways that it can come back to bite us that I strongly recommend against it. Firstly, If your computer or mobile lost or stolen then games is over. Secondly, anyone can access your accounts. Thirdly, if your laptop or mobile is attacked by some hacker then your account will be in their control.

even if we store passwords in browsers we can still use 2FA to keep it secure, for example even if my laptop got stolen with my yobit password saved on it they cant still login to my yobit account, because they dont have the 2FA codes

Yeah online is not a great place to store any of value. hackers can easily get to them, if you want to save something of value use an extended hard drive that you retrieve your data easily when you want to and still keep save from bad actors.

you can use a password manager that stores the passwords in a secure software and where you can see everything without worrying about hacks..

Just now, estevanword said:

you can use a password manager that stores the passwords in a secure software and where you can see everything without worrying about hacks..

but isnt that storing the passwords online which make everything unsafe? how people do this in a safe way to not get hacker or like this?

Just now, profix5 said:

but isnt that storing the passwords online which make everything unsafe? how people do this in a safe way to not get hacker or like this?

its not because you can use a password manager like keepass to store then in a file on your computer so nothing can hack this not even if they find out your password

Be careful with spam e mail don't trust any mail you don't know the sender ,don't download any software you don't need and know it  and make report for any suspect mail 

Just now, maricans said:

storing confidential information online in the like of password is highly not recommended, you better write it down or save it in an external drive and place it in safe place,

it is very not recommended

but you cant repeat passwords or is worst, so you can do like said and store unique passowrds in keepass or other progrramss...