Telegram stopped from selling $1.7B token by SEC - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
joendegz

Telegram stopped from selling $1.7B token by SEC

The SEC has stopped telegram from selling $1.7B worth of token, telegram was planning to raise capital for the development of its TON blockchain. the the complaint alleges that Telegram did not register its offer or sale. telegram have been very secretive about the TON project and few people know about whats going on, A few months ago they sold $2.9B worth of gram tokens to investors . The SEC has been clamping down on token sales to prevent fraud and want the crypto issuance and sell to be registered with them .

• Useful or interesting 1

4 minutes ago, joendegz said:

The SEC has stopped telegram from selling $1.7B worth of token, telegram was planning to raise capital for the development of its TON blockchain. the the complaint alleges that Telegram did not register its offer or sale. telegram have been very secretive about the TON project and few people know about whats going on, A few months ago they sold $2.9B worth of gram tokens to investors . The SEC has been clamping down on token sales to prevent fraud and want the crypto issuance and sell to be registered with them .

Telegram is not an American company. Telegram is a Russian own but based in Germany. I think they will just exclude Americans from the sales of their gram token and everything should be fine. SEC only have control over ICO and blockchain projects that are created by Americans. Let's see how this work out for Telegram.

2 minutes ago, lucashunter said:

Telegram is not an American company. Telegram is a Russian own but based in Germany. I think they will just exclude Americans from the sales of their gram token and everything should be fine. SEC only have control over ICO and blockchain projects that are created by Americans. Let's see how this work out for Telegram.

the biggest investors are americans and they need them for it to be taken seriously, they will readjust and come back 

2 minutes ago, CryptoBry said:

Well, this is a big problem with Telegram because it failed to register the token sale with the agency and did not seek approval before accepting investments from American citizens. Telegram should know the rule and should be following them otherwise they will really be dealing with a big headache. Anyway, I am sure they will just be fined some millions and maybe do some changes needed. 

they knew what they were doing and were trying to avoid the prying eyes of banks and nay sayers, true they will be fined a few million and then continue with what they were doing

5 minutes ago, joendegz said:

the biggest investors are americans and they need them for it to be taken seriously, they will readjust and come back 

There are ICOs that excluded Americans and still raised good money for their projects. We have the Russians, Europeans and of course the crypto freak Chinese. So Americans alone are not the biggest investors to me. And not to forget the South Koreans.

Crypto is a global thing, and SEC shouldn't act like they own the crypto world.

No wonder Nakamoto Satoshi used a Japanese name.

Edited by lucashunter
grammartical error

8 minutes ago, lucashunter said:

There are ICOs that excluded Americans and still raised good money for their projects. We have the Russians, Europeans and of course the crypto freak Chinese. So Americans alone are not the biggest investors to me. And not to forget the South Koreans.

Crypto is a global thing, and SEC shouldn't act like they own the crypto world.

No wonder Nakamoto Satoshi used a Japanese name.

They say if you make it in the american market you have made it and that is why most investors look for ameriacan markets as a sign of validation. i agree crypto is global and they should look for investors elsewhere

1 minute ago, joendegz said:

They say if you make it in the american market you have made it and that is why most investors look for ameriacan markets as a sign of validation. i agree crypto is global and they should look for investors elsewhere

Well If I was on the Telegram team, we will continue with the Initial Coin Offering (ICO) and expect to pay some fine later when SEC comes up with a fine.

Just like in the case of Block One of the EOS blockchain. Block one raise billions of Dollar from the ICO and later received a fine of $24 million from the SEC. Block One was still at profit at the end of the so call FINE.

Just now, lucashunter said:

Well If I was on the Telegram team, we will continue with the Initial Coin Offering (ICO) and expect to pay some fine later when SEC comes up with a fine.

Just like in the case of Block One of the EOS blockchain. Block one raise billions of Dollar from the ICO and later received a fine of $24 million from the SEC. Block One was still at profit at the end of the so call FINE.

they are reading from the blockone case. same script different cast

3 minutes ago, joendegz said:

they are reading from the blockone case. same script different cast

Yes and only if you can't raise Billions in $$ will you exclude Americans from your ICOs. Also I think SEC is only trying to make some money for the US Govt that is living a huge amount of Debt at the moment.

On 10/12/2019 at 4:29 PM, joendegz said:

how can exactly SEC stop telegram from that ? The SEC can only control and stop companies that are based in US and Telegram is not based on US at all

That is good to prevent fraud, $2.9 billion will be enough to establish whatever project you have in mind.

That means ton block chain cant be created now then what happened to gram token. I was very much interested about telegram crypto but I want them with a profitable way.

On 12/10/2019 at 9:59 AM, Sumayya said:

That is good to prevent fraud, $2.9 billion will be enough to establish whatever project you have in mind.

So many peoples will make now the fraud sites and they think that they do good job but this is not good for us because this time so may peoples will invest in the crypto market and they think that these sites are the real but most of fake sites will make and they make scam with the newbie.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 10/12/2019 at 6:59 PM, joendegz said:

I don't think they stop it for a long time. Because crypto regulation petition pending for SEC approval. After approve we will see revolution on the market.     

Online earning basic tutorials : https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

Active and genuine airdrop channel https://t.me/dhamakatipsc

Twitter profile https://twitter.com/aminulslamamir

My gaming channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLHiTfp06Q8WZMmA6NbUDSA

how this telegram tokens selling is going?

did they find the solutions? they are still blocked in america? they are still selling their tokens?

update us with some news

On 10/12/2019 at 6:59 PM, joendegz said:

Telegram is great social app. here we get many features which any other social platform not have. Maximum crypto users use this app for their own purposes. Also it's have great community. 

BetFury                                                    

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day[/url]                                                   

15 hours ago, alaina1001 said:

I don't know much about telegram but I want to know. Could anyone please help me? It would be much appreciated. I installed it but don't use it and I figured I need to use it. 

Hey Aliana ! I dont reccomend you to work on Telegram ! because most of the bots are scams ! and they didnt pay to you ! all they want you to do is click on subscribe button !

2 minutes ago, alaina1001 said:

Ohh really?? Thank goodness you informed me. I would've been scammed by them. Thanks for saving me time and money. 

You are welcome my friend ! I think this forum is the best way to earn money ! and then we can trade and make huge profit from trading ! tell me do you know about trading ?

3 minutes ago, alaina1001 said:

No I don't know about trading but could you teach me? I wanted to earn extra these past few days and I think trading is the best way. 

Yes for sure my friend ! but I am still learning now ! I think after 3 weeks I can start trading ! and I will learn you ! we have promised each other to exchange the earning ways 😜❤️ 

I don't know why the SEC  stopped from selling of the telegram token, but if you look at the bitforex now, the telegram token is still operating. 

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

This is one of the good steps for Telegram and I noticed that Telegram is now putting the SCAM tag on some channels and bots on the Telegram

THINK POSITIVE

The blockchain project that Telegram is undertaking. I think it will be one of the most successful projects in our world and many people trust Telegram, including myself. I hope that this project will be implemented and be available to invest in on exchange platforms.

I think that the Telegram digital currency project has collided with many obstacles, and perhaps we will not be able to see it being implemented, this project would have been one of the most successful cryptocurrency projects, yet we hope that the situation will change and the project will start.

The SEC can and did the right thing, which stopped the sale of tokens from telegrams. Maybe in the future, this problem will be solved and the SEC will take telegrams for granted. Time will tell and can only wait. 

Telegram has voluntarily stopped sale of coins when SEC made its complaint. Telegram has control to recommence sale but now it has postponed the sale to 30 april 2020.