Wallet that has no private keys - Page 2 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BitcryptoHan

Wallet that has no private keys

Private keys means that you are in control of your fund and you can export your wallet to a new device. Wallet without that might not be good enough. You can also have a look at KoinPro to manage the risk that is associated with crypto assets class

• +2 1

I think all the good wallets always provide the private keys for the users. The blockchain technology provides good number of security for the wallets. I use Coinbase pro and Electruem  wallet. And these wallets provide good number of security. And that's why I think that all the best wallets are securely encrypted with special secure keys and safety. 

• +1 1

On 3/8/2020 at 2:31 PM, Rickso said:

you are talking about custodial wallets, where the company keep your keys and coins for you. so you are just give them you coins and they will keep them for you on their wallets

But it is risky to give them your coins to store for you. I hope it is not good at all. 

On 4/12/2020 at 5:20 PM, Lover840 said:

Private keys are really important. Without private keys you won't be able to have access to your crypto currency. And brother I'm using the coinbase wallet to store my crypto currency. 

You are not wrong, I can't not use wallet without having it private keys and seed phrase. 

On 4/10/2020 at 10:56 PM, scorpiali said:

In Coinbase or any other softwallet your coin are stored in cold wallet in the coinbase server if they use the cold wallet or not they just connect her server to the wallet and you can move your coins any where any time 

You can not say that, are you one of their workers to know where the coin amis stored. 

• +1 1

On 7/15/2020 at 12:07 PM, EmiKanNi said:

I will not argue thks because your are right but I believe you understand what private key is and the reason you suppose to have it instead of using custodial wallets like the one you mentioned, there is still freewallet and coinbase as an example. 

I like your comment, most members on this forum do not know API key wallets and the true noncustodial wallets. To have access to oneself coin on blockchain ledger, you need to have private key, the private key is the feature of all noncustodial wallets and what custodial wallets can not give. 

• +1 1

2 hours ago, Motidepada said:

I can never use wallets that are without private key, that is even completely bad wallet, I am not a baby when I can handle my private key myself. The best wallets are not third party wallets but the ones that has private keys. 

It is not the best, and most wallets like this are much more web based. It is even risky than using mobile or counter wallets.many people do not.concern about kyc, i noticed such wallets do require kyc before you can be easy.to use the wallet fully

• +1 1

On 4/13/2020 at 11:20 AM, Calvinpriva said:

There are many good wallets which they don't have a private key but they use 2FA verification or google authenticator. I like those wallets and use one of them (faucetpay, coinpot) because they are safe too and easy to recover your password when you forget it.

The function of private keys and 2 factor authenticators are different, comparing them like this is very hot useful. Making use of wallets with no private keys is not good, private key wallets are just the best. 

• +1 1

On 4/13/2020 at 11:30 AM, kadayakito said:

But the wallet without the private key is also quite secure, I hear a lot about this, it's not strange, the wallet will be secured in another way.

Wallet that has no private key means you are not the owner of the coins stored on it on Blockchain, and not your key not your coin in one scenario. Private keys wallets are the most secured, custodial wallets are usually web wallets which is the least secure and safe wallets to use. 

Es mejor tener una billetera segura con contraseña ya que esta depende de la persona que te di y no de un tercero. No hay nada mejor que tener la responsabilidad de aprender de la vida.

If you don't have access to the private keys of your coins, they are not your coins. It is that simple.
If they present me with a wallet that does not give you private keys, I simply pass them on, it is not a secure wallet, sooner or later it will disappear and you will lose your money.
I currently use TrustWallet, it seems to me an excellent wallet, it stores a large amount of coins and its new DApp browser allows me to integrate my wallet with other interesting services.

They are the wallets which the company keeps your crypts and private keys, that means that the funds you are going to allocate to that wallet are not entirely yours.

They are the wallets which the company keeps your crypts and private keys, that means that the funds you are going to allocate to that wallet are not entirely yours.

I sincerely like more the wallets that have private key, knowing that you can access your funds whenever you want, I feel more security in a wallet with private key than in one without private key, is my opinion.

• +3 1

Hello! 

The truth is that I would not trust a wallet that does not provide me with a private key.

It sound dangerous and without assurance that you can recover your wallet in the future if a problem arises

I do not recommend it at all!

• +1 1

For example, the privaate keys of exchange wallets are not given to you, because those wallets are only available to use it. Apart from that, you can get private keys in paper wallets, hardware wallets (including metamask, trust wallet) and you can access your balances in differrent wallet apps.

• +2 1

Before buying my first cryptocurrencies I documented a lot, that was 2 years ago.
And the first thing I learned and it was super clear to me is that if you do not have the private keys to your cryptocurrencies, those cryptocurrencies do not belong to you and you run the risk that someday someone will leave with your money.
That is why it is always good to have a wallet where the only owner of the private keys is you. Good content!

Your crypto assets are not physically present anywhere, nor stored in any folder. There is no physical entity representing your cryptocurrencies. Instead, there is a relation between the public key and the associated coins, much like a certain amount is held within your bank safe.I always use Coinbase especially in this wallet very good all my cryptocurrency is store to this Coinbase wallet.

Each wallet address has a private key, which is safe for the wallet. The hacker can penetrate the wallet through the private key, so it must be kept in a safe place.

I think what you are saying are hardware wallets. If I'm not mistaken, those wallet doesn't have any private keys because those wallets security depends on how you handle it. And your cryptocurrency are stored on a flashdrive type of hardware.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

a key or public key is used to receive funds and a key or private key is used to sign a transaction and thus be able to spend those funds.

portfolios without private keys do not provide you with security as your assets are held by a third party and in case of any eventuality you will not be able to recover your funds 

• +1 1

You are right, that is why it is said to always protect your private key, because it can be used to access cryptocurrencies on blockchain. If hackers knows about your private key, they can use it to steal cryptocurrencies from you on your wallet buy access in your private keys. 

• +2 1

1 hour ago, Kona12 said:

It is true that I did not own such a wallet. I don't feel safe from this kind of wallet. I think the personal key helps keep me safe and I need it. Hackers can easily enter without a private key. And wallets can be damaged by hacking.

Like coinbase, you have not private key, on blockchain you are not the owner of the coins, coinbase is the owner, it work like that on exchanges too. But, normally you are the owner of the coins with coinbase but not directly on blockchain. 

By no means should rate or recognize a wallet without kyc in this era of crypto currency level because all transaction done without any verification of user is at very big risk an most case very hard to trace the end point 

• +5 1