What are The Risks to Invest Cryptocurrency in an Exchange Site? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Agios

What are The Risks to Invest Cryptocurrency in an Exchange Site?

Investing cryptocurrency in an exchange site looks very profitable, will earn interest as a passive income, we don't need to do anything and every month we will get interest, What I want to know is what risk will occur if we invest in an exchange site

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 6
  • +2 4
  • +3 5
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

I won't recommend you to keep your money in exchange websites, you may lose your money duo to site hacks are legal problems with website

search about what happened to cryptopia users, lots of people lost their money because of cryptopia being hacked

Thanks, that's a risk that I worry  about to invest in exchange

• +1 1

12 hours ago, Agios said:

Investing cryptocurrency in an exchange site looks very profitable, will earn interest as a passive income, we don't need to do anything and every month we will get interest, What I want to know is what risk will occur if we invest in an exchange site

I can't understand what you are asking. Are asking about the lending feature available in few sites like binance. If that's the case don't put everything in the exchange. Because exchanges are prone to hacks and you can lose your coin. However, you can use 20-30% of your total portfolio into lending or trading whichever you prefer. 

Edited by lucifer_8
  • +1 2

The risk is that you might lose your money because your account was hacked or because you entered the phishing website. Or it could be if the exchange where you invested your money was hacked. Some time ago there were some exchanges that were hacked.  so that the money of the investors in the exchange is gone. There are exchanges that want to replace investor money, but there are also many exchanges that do not compensate the losses suffered by their investors.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

3 minutes ago, Deborah Christine said:

The risk is that you might lose your money because your account was hacked or because you entered the phishing website. Or it could be if the exchange where you invested your money was hacked. Some time ago there were some exchanges that were hacked.  so that the money of the investors in the exchange is gone. There are exchanges that want to replace investor money, but there are also many exchanges that do not compensate the losses suffered by their investors.

that's the general risk, your account is hacked and or even the website is hacked, and you will lose it all.  The same thing can happen if you store assets on a wallet exchange.  we must understand that as a risk, and as much as possible provide double security like 2fa.

Another risk is that the website is just a hoax, when fraudsters get funds from investors then they run off with the money.  so do an in-depth analysis, don't get caught up in the lure of instant profits.

• +1 1

the risks are always present, a pirate who has just passed a false profile who take the place of someone else you see the risks go up but I would say with a little good management and luck and especially suspicious it is I find the just good luck word my friend

• +1 1
  • +2 1

15 hours ago, Agios said:

There is great risk attached to leaving your assets in crypto exchange, because anything can happen to an exchange like an hacking attack or closure, just like what happened to Mt. Gox some years back.

• +1 1

Look keeping your investment in any exchange bring you many risks. For instance hacker attacks, delisting( If you put there some altcoin and you dont have time to checking whoillaaaa there isn't) and also it means take this money in your pocket how can you trust them? 

• +1 1

On 10/12/2019 at 10:08 PM, sammys said:

Look keeping your investment in any exchange bring you many risks. For instance hacker attacks, delisting( If you put there some altcoin and you dont have time to checking whoillaaaa there isn't) and also it means take this money in your pocket how can you trust them? 

actually they will always inform users before delisting any coin and big exchanges like binance can be trusted but not every exchange

Of course, investing in exchanges is the best type of investment, but there are always risks in investing, because investing is to buy a certain coin and put it in the investment and take profits on it daily or monthly, but what if the price of this coin down, of course, the capital will lose its value It becomes less valuable than the capital you put into the investment.

The risk you save on an exchange is a security issue, if you save it on an insecure exchange it will make hacking vulnerable

I think we have yobit which the best example of earning good profit and he is very profitable, it is all depending on how much this exchanging market is honest and trusted 

• +2 1

the most dangerous risk is when the exchange is hacked or scammed while our investment funds are still there , and then the next risk is when our account is hacked by someone who is not responsible . maybe that in my opinion is the greatest risk in investing in the exchange .

• +2 1

well if you are talking about trading and holding your money on an exchange you will be fine , but investing your money on an investing site this is very risky and i dont advice that . 

• +1 1

The major risk of investing in an exchanger is that exchanger will disappear for good and don't have any notifications that it be gone.There are exchanges that are illigitimate and we must be aware of that.Just invest on a trusted and legit exchanger and invest in it for short time.We will never know that there is threats of hacking in the site so we will just be wise on where to invest 

• +2 1

4 hours ago, Digicoin said:

What I know is to use a trust and an exchange with good reputation. You money would be safe. And make sure you use 2 factor authentication.

No one will invest their money in bad exchange. Except donkey. We are talking about risk here. 

8 minutes ago, Superred said:

The risk of invest at crypto exchange might be if someday those exchanges got hacked then you will lost your money and if you invest your crypto to untrustable exchange too then possibly they will ran away with your money and you will got scammed so i think these two are the risk if you invest your crypto assets through an the exchanges 

I am confuse. People already know all the risk i bet. However they still invest. Yes, you are right. Only invest to a place with a backup fund.

However it is better to prevent. Security is primary. I suggest Yobit test their security at hackerone. 

Investing your cryptocurrency in an exchange site is a risk, look at cryptopia what happened to them the users, it is just an example

• +1 1

On 12/7/2019 at 11:34 AM, Sumayya said:

Investing your cryptocurrency in an exchange site is a risk

So what do you suggest? How do you trade if it's not on the exchange? Because trading is the same as investing. Even if you just draw your bitcoin into fiat, you still have to send it to the exchange. The solution is you have to choose the reputable exchange. 

10 hours ago, lucky80 said:

So what do you suggest? How do you trade if it's not on the exchange? Because trading is the same as investing. Even if you just draw your bitcoin into fiat, you still have to send it to the exchange. The solution is you have to choose the reputable exchange. 

I trade by only depositing little amount in the exchange, i don't out all put all my money on the exchange, i use what i want to trade with

• +1 2

14 hours ago, Sumayya said:

I trade by only depositing little amount in the exchange, i don't out all put all my money on the exchange, i use what i want to trade with

The steps you took are right.

So still you have to send a few assets to trade. Of course, everyone already knows the risk isn't just in the market. Risk are everywhere. That's why we only use secure, and trusted exchanges. So don't blame the exchange as a risk. Because you will mislead people who don't know. 

On 10/12/2019 at 10:58 AM, Agios said:

For me, the risk I can gain from investing in exchange sites is that I didn't know the true identity of my trader or client or customer. I can be scam or just a robbery purpose trade. I can also be cause of data breach in your account.

• +2 1

I assume you are speaking about investbox.

The risk is big i think.

First, the price of the token or coin maybe will decrease and increase everytime, so you can someday loss your coin value.

Second, the exchanges can have to do rights to banned your account or just run with your fund. There is still possiblr exchanges freeze the wallet for withdraw.

Third, the percentage of interest is really small, i better doing invest in Deposit Certificate.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

If the exchange is good and real than there is no any risk to invest in it because there are so many fake exchanges are work in the crypto market and the fake exchanges are just created by the hacker or spammers or scammers and they just make money through the innocent peoples so just invest in real exchanges not new.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +5 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day