Alternative skins for the CryptoTalk - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
shell

Alternative skins for the CryptoTalk

Hi,

Alternative dark style for the forum - CryptoTalk Night.

vD55Hot.jpg

How to use it?
Install the Stylus extension for Firefox, Chrome, etc - find in the official extensions directory for your browser.

Then open the link https://userstyles.org/styles/176207/cryptotalk-night -> click the button Install Style -> all done 😉

Take note: for the forum skin - "Main (Default)".

How do you like it?)

• Useful or interesting 20
  • +1 6
  • +2 4
  • +3 5
  • +4 1
  • +5 2

This is awesome trick mate!

I wonder if this works for mobile also? 

Anyway thanks for this guide, I will use this on my PC as soon as I'll get back home. 

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1

Or you can just use Dark Reader extension that works even better, and you can easily switch on and off.

Anyway I would like original dark theme, so we don't have to install any scripts nad extensions

• +1 2
  • +2 1

8 minutes ago, hexwin said:

Or you can just use Dark Reader extension that works even better, and you can easily switch on and off.

Okay I have to say this is Freaking awesome. I have just added the extension and I see my eyes are now very cool. It feels calm. Thanks OP for the topic and thanks to you that you mentioned this extension. I am using this extension now.

This is how it's looking : PzoBVg7.png

Edited by xBDT Script
  • +1 1

21 minutes ago, Kiddo said:

Yes. Firefox Mobile with the Stylus extension.

• Useful or interesting 1

I want to use the browser theme, but will the browser run normally?, I'm afraid my browser will get heavy, because I only have a wooden laptop

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

24 minutes ago, Bitxalt said:

I want to use the browser theme, but will the browser run normally?, I'm afraid my browser will get heavy, because I only have a wooden laptop

Well obviously the extensions will make your browser heavy but you can always remove an extension if you have this experience of slow loading.

I am using this extension called Dark Reader which was recommended by one of the user above, I think @hexwin and I am doing very good with it. My browser is super fast 😊

3 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Well obviously the extensions will make your browser heavy but you can always remove an extension if you have this experience of slow loading.

I am using this extension called Dark Reader which was recommended by one of the user above, I think @hexwin and I am doing very good with it. My browser is super fast 😊

I will try it, it looks like will make more cool and fresh to look, is there another browser theme?, I really like the color green like the theme of the trees, if there is any please recommend it to me.

• +1 1

#ProphetInvestor

2 minutes ago, Bitxalt said:

I will try it, it looks like will make more cool and fresh to look, is there another browser theme?, I really like the color green like the theme of the trees, if there is any please recommend it to me.

XCxWBx6.png

This is how I am seeing my screen. Less light which feels no hurt on the eyes. In chrome the use of the extension is really easy.

Go to here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh

And then follow the instructions after adding the extension.

DarkReader is light extension available for Firefox and Chrome, and you can use it for every website, or only for some. It is working great with CryptoTalk and with almost all websites I use. Good stuff to protect your eyes

https://darkreader.org/

Edited by hexwin

8 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

XCxWBx6.png

This is how I am seeing my screen. Less light which feels no hurt on the eyes. In chrome the use of the extension is really easy.

Go to here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh

And then follow the instructions after adding the extension.

this is very cool, it seems more comfrotable to eye than default mode, color and light really affect the eyes, for people who work at the computer would feel it. thank you sir

Edited by Bitxalt

#ProphetInvestor

7 minutes ago, Bitxalt said:

this is very cool, it seems more comfrotable to eye than default mode, color and light really affect the eyes, for people who work at the computer would feel it. thank you sir

Obviously I am one of the kind who stay and work 10 to 12+ hours a day and for me it's really is a thing that was needed.

By the way, you can adjust the contrast, brightness at your fit. This is what I am liking about this extension.

It's very cool to me 😊

• +1 1

2 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Obviously I am one of the kind who stay and work 10 to 12+ hours a day and for me it's really is a thing that was needed.

By the way, you can adjust the contrast, brightness at your fit. This is what I am liking about this extension.

It's very cool to me 😊

I am also in front of the computer from morning to night, from the office to home, and that is a tiring thing for my eyes, my eyes are also minus so sometimes I feel dizzy when I come in bright light. dark theme will be very helpful.

#ProphetInvestor

On 10/12/2019 at 4:43 AM, hexwin said:

Anyway I would like original dark theme, so we don't have to install any scripts nad extensions

I hate using and adding extensions on my browser as i read before there are some hacking trick with those extensions! and i am using a computer which is for forums of cryptocurrency, exchanges and my wallets! this makes me stop to use it! though i really need the dark theme. i hope that the forum will just add it so i dont need to use those extensions!

5 hours ago, hexwin said:

DarkReader is light extension available for Firefox and Chrome, and you can use it for every website, or only for some. It is working great with CryptoTalk and with almost all websites I use. Good stuff to protect your eyes

https://darkreader.org/

Is it safe to run on your computer? i am a bit scared!

4 minutes ago, cryptokram said:

I hate using and adding extensions on my browser as i read before there are some hacking trick with those extensions! and i am using a computer which is for forums of cryptocurrency, exchanges and my wallets! this makes me stop to use it! though i really need the dark theme. i hope that the forum will just add it so i dont need to use those extensions!

Is it safe to run on your computer? i am a bit scared!

I also avoid extensions, and I only use Metamask, Adblock
 and few other privacy related extension.

I doubled checked for DarkReader and got confirmation it is ok for use.

I  also asked admin to add one dark theme website, and that would be the best solution

Edited by hexwin
  • Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 1

On 10/11/2019 at 9:43 PM, Kiddo said:

This is awesome trick mate!

Anyway thanks for this guide, I will use this on my PC as soon as I'll get back home. 

It doesn't work on mobile, I have tried it out, but it's only showing option to install it as Google chrome extension, I think except the admins add options to theme on the website mobile users won't be able to change theme.

8 minutes ago, hexwin said:

I also avoid extensions, and I only use Metamask, Adblock
 and few other privacy related extension.

I doubled checked for DarkReader and got confirmation it is ok for use.

I  also asked admin to add one dark theme website, and that would be the best solution

I really hope they will, the sooner the better it is additional relaxing on our eyes while posting on this forum.

I hope they can give at least 3 of our request to be an addition in this website forum they are managing! calling the attention of admin and moderators.

2 hours ago, aann001 said:

what you say is true,
Google Chrome doesn't have an extension to install a dark theme.

how is the solution from this? I want to get a dark theme.
I see it's good for the eyes ..

There two options as for now.

1. Download and use Google chrome on pc.

2. Wait for the admins og cryptotalk to add the mobile theme options. 

The first option is probably the most feasible one, I doubt the admins will get themselves busy all bcause of mobile theme when there probably more important things to do.

• +2 2

yes off course there should be some alternative skins in the forum, some members like light skin and some members like dark skins, so there must be an options for the multiple skins which memeber like and select it.

Hard Worker 😎😎

12 hours ago, cryptokram said:

I hate using and adding extensions on my browser as i read before there are some hacking trick with those extensions! and i am using a computer which is for forums of cryptocurrency,

Well there are possibilities that you may get a victim but this extensions are really works in the front end especially in the visual manners. It has nothing to do with the back end, I mean storing the data and etc.

However if one is not comfortable then it is highly advised that one should not use it. Also always make sure you have anti virus installed in your system.

10 hours ago, aann001 said:

Google Chrome doesn't have an extension to install a dark theme.

By default it does not but you can use third party tools.

I would like to have a dark style incorporated in the website without installing any google extensions, im always scared thats how u get hacked. Any plans for that??

20 minutes ago, Caporetto said:

I would like to have a dark style incorporated in the website without installing any google extensions, im always scared thats how u get hacked. Any plans for that??

Even if they have plan to give us the options to chose a theme - I think it's not yet the priority. There are a lot of things have proposed and I think the pipeline is too long right now.

However you are always welcome to drop your idea of what to add in here: 

And if I am not wrong then it has proposed already in there.

• +2 1

as I can see the site is capable of this feature and the only thing they need is to create an actual them and then users can select their favorite one

On 12.10.2019 at 20:00, Bitxalt said:

Everything should be fine.

On 13.10.2019 at 01:53, Mathers said:

It doesn't work on mobile

Firefox for Android - its work 😉

On 13.10.2019 at 15:46, Caporetto said:

Ok. For Firefox you can use the UserChrome.css or UserContent.css. You can add my code to these file.

• +5 1