How to detect scam ICO - Page 2 - ICO/IEO's - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Consignee

How to detect scam ICO

3 hours ago, chou_tamago said:

i think ill be back once the issue have been sorted out or if the hyped of ico have returned into normal 

Well ICO industry has almost died. Investors lost their confidence from it. Coming back is not going to be easy. However some of the IEO are doing well but again there are so many failed project that some day investors will lose their confidence from it too.

The crypto world is full of greedy people. I hope I am wrong.

• Useful or interesting 2

Now it’s very difficult to distinguish scam from a worthwhile product, since fraudsters do not sleep and dodge as if they could only steal money from investors. First of all, I think we need to look at the idea of the product, it must be original, and the team alive

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +5 1

5 minutes ago, Miller said:

~snip

Can you not promote anything that is not related to the topic we are talking about. Too much rubbish like you will make this forum not good, I am fed up with promotions like this. I have found that often in many telegram groups. I have reported this post as spam! please don't destroy this forum because of people like you.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Detection of scam ICOs is not an easy task cause ICO/IEO scam are done in varieties of way for it not all project that exit the market or run away with investors fund are scam ICOs and the best way to play safe is to invest in IEOs launched by a  reputable exchange site. But, I usually go for project which was held by someone with good record in the crypto sphere.

• +5 1

at the moment analysis the ICO is very diffult it for me , but in my opinion i think the project succesfull if the project is usefull and requreid in life and then the proggress , roadmap and how to manage the community , and interaction with all community on the project , but you can learn more from the update crypto news and more site ICO update with a good trust .

• +1 1
  • +3 1

well , only stupid people can trust and buy ICO's now , they are no longer wanted and all traders now buy the coins from the market because they get scammed too much 

• +4 1

It's kinda hard to find ICO that doesn't scam you. Even if they have a good whitepaper, verified team or good bounty manager. I've been scammed for three times this year. All of them abandoned their project. Two of them have refunded investor money and one of them run away with investors money.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

6 minutes ago, Samehada said:

The ICOs released in known exchange are reliable or there may be scam too.?
Many post here give tips for detecting scam, but do not say anything about ICOs on exchanges.

Being listed on a good exchange isn't something you can really depend on imo. There were many scam ICO's once they were listed on good exchanges and they scammed people anyway. I usually follow one simple rule, if they promise unbelievable stuff, they are usually scams.

• +1 1

On 10/16/2019 at 8:55 PM, driwch1 said:

There are so many ICO scams with the crypto market. That's why your own research is really important. The IEOs are solving a little bit of that problem. Because the exchange listing will be guaranteed with the IEOs. But the exchange listing is not the only thing to decide it scam or not. Because there are different types of scam. But you can expect quick profits with the IEOs.

But you must make sure IEO that you join in credible exchange. Because many exchange has bad reputation. 

• +4 1

You can see the white paper usually scams ico don't have white paper or their white paper is a copy of another project. Also pay attention to their team ico who scam likes to take pictures of other people without notice to that person. Usually the people they put in are called fake people.

• Useful or interesting 3

Even high-quality bounties start bumping into the wall after ICO. In the past, we could sort out quality projects according to some criteria among the scams. Now (the last 1 year), all these, scam to make a project to show quality companies are available. They move the project up to a point without any problem, then explode and run away. As such, there is no trust in any project.

• +2 1

Because we have to keep eye on the team work. And if they are just doing better than as they said then it means they will not scam. It means that if they said they will launch a messanger, but they add more features like channels etc then it means the community loves its product and want to make a real name in market but if team not responding and continously doin work on roadmap then such projects comes to scam in the end

• +1 1
  • +3 1

On 10/15/2019 at 9:24 PM, Deborah Christine said:

Check their roadmap and their product. Whether the product they launched is good for the future, whether it will attract many people or not. And also check how many coins they created.

Good points! Also, checking the team from LinkedIn might be useful. I caught many many scam projects with this way.

6 hours ago, dextrolker said:

Its really hard this days with icos, there are so many scammers out there. A friend showed me an ico that seems to be good, and a couple of weeks later they took all the money and left the coin, thats why I dont like to invest in icos, maybe when we have more tools to know when you are seeing a scam project, people is going to invest more in them.

It is better to buy coins that are already on the market and prove to be good (have a high volume) than investing in ico that is uncertain.

• +2 1

That's nice information cause there have many scam ICO's in website also in telegram. I suggest if you need legit ICO's try to use coinomi wallet it always list best ICO's at the moment, good thing you buy those ICO's through coinomi directly.

On 10/13/2019 at 11:58 PM, KaistonUchi said:

A good point to detect a scam ICO is to evaluate how transparent they are by showing the team. If we don't see clear information about who makes up the team, we can really expect very little from that project.

Maybe it works. ICO must gives the clear information about their bounty project. We have to more selective in choosing bounty of we don't want to be scammed. 

• +2 1

On 10/11/2019 at 6:37 PM, TucoRamirez said:

I have a much easier method to detect scammy ICOs and projects - Is the project called Bitcoin, and was it launched in 2009 by an anonymous person?  

If not, please fuck off. Thank you.

i am glad that i did not read your answer before all the good things that happen in 2017 , there where absolute risky projects but if you invested some little amounts in that time you could buy a lot of bitcoin from it even the projects who where scam

• +3 1

11 minutes ago, Altwatcher said:

i am glad that i did not read your answer before all the good things that happen in 2017 , there where absolute risky projects but if you invested some little amounts in that time you could buy a lot of bitcoin from it even the projects who where scam

True but you know what all the projects are built on the same, from bitcoin. It is very likely that most altcoins will just steal your bitcoin, nothing else they are going to bring on the community. However, everything needs to be adjusted. I know till date, bitcoin is best on the cryptocurrency term but there are a lot of corner to grow, every system is on development, so does it.

I also had some good investments and had the chance to accumulate some more bitcoin with these investment.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

detect on whitepaper guys , that will make easy for cheked because if the whitepaper is copy from another project we can easy for detect the project.

21 minutes ago, Starpark said:

What if the project team acknowledged the white paper was a copy of another project and they promised to change it. Can such projects be trusted again?

i think i dont trust guys , but its my suggestion what ever for all friend here give opinion about that, how about you will trusted if they was copy whitepaper other project ?

• +5 1

1 minute ago, Starpark said:

Yesterday, I had believed and participated in the invech campaign because the team was going to change the white paper, finally I left because I didn't believe it and there was another good campaign. This is the proof link of the invech team copying binance white paper https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5159039.0

yes believe or not this your trust to the project guys , i think you can chek on ICO site for review a good project there more detail .

• +3 1

9 hours ago, Drboss said:

The truth is the fact is that scam ico are all over the internet especially 2017 were there was an heavy bull. but one must be really careful because you can not really recognized an ico scam project out there on the internet. 

Agree, it is difficult to detect scams before they occur. We can say a scam project after it happens and one solution is IEO. With IEO, investors' money will be safe because it is held by exchangers so that when there are signs of scam, investors can dump tokens in the market

• +1 1

On 10/11/2019 at 9:35 PM, Consignee said:

We have seen a golden time of ICO back in early 2017, and later, scammers started to create ICO and scam people's money. After that time, very few legit ICO we have seen. More than 90% ICO was scam.

Now, how can you detect the scam ICOs? This is a very hard question to answer. Scammers are very smart to come in such a way so that we can't detect them and invest our money. People are being scammed all the time by them.

Here, I will try to share a simple guide with you which can detect 90% of the scam ICO, rest 10% scam ICO is smart enough to not being detected. They will cover all these.

1. Check Team

Scam ICO will certainly come up with fake team. You can simple search with the image and find out if the team is fake or not. Search with each of the team member photos in google or in shutterstock. Most scammers never use their image and use image from internet, as a result you can easily find it out.

2. Check Whitepaper

Check their whitepaper if the whitepaper is plagiarized or not. Scammers simply copy from various whitepaper and use this in their whitepaper. You can do it with various free resource of plagiarism check available on the internet.

3. Check their bounty

Listen, although it sounds funny, I bet it can detect 90% scam ICO. First of all, scam ICO always go with shit bounty manager who have no reputation at all. Because this manager can be hired with ICO coin/token. Reputed bounty managers will never work for ICO coin. Now, why I think bounty manager with token/coin payment projects can be fake? Because, if a project don't have money to promote them, how can they be legit? Can a project start with zero balance at hand? No certainly. If the project don't have money to promote their project, 90% sure that the project will be scam.

I'm looking for more from other members, I will add more once I get some more things to add or someone recommend anything else.

in my opinion it really helped me to participate in the ICO company. because the ICO rate is currently very difficult to guess, whether they pay or not pay or withdraw payments.

• +2 1

You don't have to lose your time to dictect scam ICO's you just only use yobit they are always list ICO also coinomi wallet sometimes the have ICO's.

Trade on forex without KYC verification, also deposit and withdraw easy with bitcoin.... Just click on this LINK

The best forex broker with leverege up to 300× minimum deposit $10 only.

Iqoption.com/signup

7 hours ago, Starpark said:

If you get a good ico project, then your income will double. Now do you still buy ico? how many projects did you join? My advice you must carefully choose the project.

to date I have not attended any ICO, because I have already received too many losses. yes I will be careful not to randomly choose ICO.

7 hours ago, Zeela said:

Those strategies will only help you Reduce the risks of been scam. But didn't show how to know scam projects. Fake projects will always look like good project. They will behave the same no matter how you try to study them.

yes I understand and I have to be more careful to start investing in ICO companies. I hope what happened before won't happen again. thanks for the advice bro.

Edited by ramarianz
  • +5 1