How is a bitcoin address generated - Page 5 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Mwangi

How is a bitcoin address generated

as sensible as clicking on deposit of any wallet or exchange. I don't think it's infinite the creation of bitcoin wallets but that's not currently a problem

• +2 1

Actually, I have no idea how a Bitcoin address is generated at the programming level, but researching on the subject, I got something curious for me:

“Most Bitcoin addresses are 34 characters long and contain both uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers. The only prohibited characters are the uppercase letter 'O', the number '0', the uppercase letter 'I' and the lowercase letter 'l' in order to avoid visual ambiguity. The first two could be confused with each other and with the lowercase letter 'o', while the second two could be confused with each other and with the number '1'. "
Source: https://es.bitcoin.it/wiki/Dirección

As for what will happen when all the Bitcoins have been mined, we don't really have to worry about this, as there are more than 100 years to go and we will no longer be alive to witness it.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

addresses is a mathematically improbable possibility, wallets can have a way to generate bitcoin address

• +1 1

To generate your bitcoin address, you can do it by creating a wallet on the platform of your choice, then you go to "deposits where Bitcoin appears" and there you will see your bitcoin deposit address

• +2 1

On 2/23/2020 at 5:40 AM, Kantaro17 said:

The form is really not useful to know. And even if you want to create one for yourself it is very dangerous. If by chance you create an equal to that of another person then that person will receive the earnings and you will not.

Friend why you just get in when you dont have any king of knowledge and misknowledge other new users 

Friend the withdraw address is not same for any of one user in the world and its give every user who registered on any wallet or exchange and no one can change its bitcoins address manually if you need a new address then just click on get new and your will alot a new transactions of crypto address .

On 2/23/2020 at 6:56 AM, ArsalMajeed said:

Yes so straight to the question. How does a bitcoin address is generated. It is generated by using sudo random techniques. A format is already decided & any address within it can be generated but cannot be regenerated.

Yes you are right that all of the bitcoin addresses are generated using some random technique may be some algorithm that just decided the length & format. So every address is unique & could be generated only once.

• +4 1

The number of addresses is close to infinity so I am not think there will be a problem. Maybe after many years of billions of people using Bitcoin and having each one millions of addresses used it can reach a number. But I am not did the numbers to be very sure about that. It is what I am read from other sources.

• +1 1

The address you get is a part of the the blockchain technology is what I believe the address is a combination of letters and numbers randomly generated there is a total of 64 characters in the address. Should definitely keep your address safe and never disclosed that to others.

On 8/30/2020 at 10:17 PM, Calvinpriva said:

I think there is a special technology and a formula used to generate a bitcoin address. I think this method would me known by programmers because it seems to be a little hard but easy to IT people.

@Calvinpriva...I agree with you too.  Many advanced technologies are used to create bitcoin addresses.  However, the type of wallet address is also different.  However, all sites or wallets create bitcoin addresses with their own licenses.  You will share if you know more information.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +3 1

There is a certain algorithm by which Bitcoin addresses are generated, I do not think that Bitcoin addresses can end, because this algorithm generates a huge number of Bitcoin addresses, and it is also possible to modify this algorithm to create new addresses, and I do not think that finishing Bitcoin mining will be any problem In creating Bitcoin addresses. In any case, mining Bitcoin takes many years, perhaps in the year 2140, for the last Bitcoin block to be mined.

• +1 1

It is very difficult to identify what algorithms have used to generate bitcoin wallet address.It is long in length for this reason it is very to guess.

On 2/22/2020 at 1:19 PM, Mwangi said:

There has been this one question that I have been asking for so many days, how is it a a bitcoin address is generated and is there a time when it will be finished  and if so , what will happen when all address are designated each, and if not, what happens when all bitcoins a re mined so this question is really one that disturbs me, and this is because you can generate from any wallet we have, lets discus this kindly guys

Bitcoin address are mostly generated using some special algorithm based on some complicated hash functions, these is mostly carried out on electronic devices such as mobile phones or personal computers. 

On 2/23/2020 at 3:56 AM, PiroSense said:

Talking about probabilities, it's near zero chance to happen.

To answer your first question, the address is merely everything. It all starts from a private key, a 64 characters long, randomized combination of character ranging from 0-9 and A-F (hexadecimal). This key would be hashed down to a public key, then to a public address, which you can see and send the funds to.

The total number of addresses possible is 2^160. That is, 2 multiplied by itself 160 times. Which would be 1,461,501,637,330,902,918,203,684,832,716,283,019,655,932,542,976 to be exact (reference here). Getting an assigned one already would be: 1 ÷ Total Number of Addresses, which would be nearly 0% chance.

I knew the public key was a hash of the private key but I didn't know all the rest. It is very interesting to know the number of addresses is so high and this proves that the probability of hacking the private key with todays computing power is impossible.

• +1 1

5 hours ago, Cleaner said:

You will share if you know more information.

Well said @Cleaner but i know nothing about generating a bitcoin address. I studied IT but things which i learned are different with blockchain technology, i wish to know the full process though seems it needs time and learn it. I hope i will have time to learn it.

• +3 1

Time is the ultimate weapon!

Hello everyone, the Bitcoin wallet is a file that we need to send and receive bitcoins, when generating the wallet you will receive a pair of keys or addresses, these addresses can be generated very easily, one is your public address, which we can share with anyone person to send us a payment in bitcoins and the other is the private key, which we must keep safe, as if it were a password,

• +3 1

The technicals are not easy and I don't understand them exactly, I have only learned it is derived from the private key but the opposite, meaning to find the private key from the public key is impossible. It is very highly secure system that doesn't allow any hacking.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

The address they give us is used by numerical and alphabetical combination which can't be tracked. And we know how many characters are in each addresses. So if we calculate then it will take centuries to be generated the last address. And after than there will be given more characters in order to create unique addresses. Thats what i improvised from some sources.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

On 2/22/2020 at 2:19 PM, Mwangi said:

what will happen when all address are designated each,

This can't happen because the number is so high that it will never be reached, not even close to 1%. The combinations of total addresses is a number that the human mind cannot process because there is nothing in the universe that we can compare it with.

• +1 2

Different exchanges have different addressee and everyone can generate that and in the crypto market and so many peoples will generate the address and its usage is easy and its totally free.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 2/22/2020 at 3:19 PM, Mwangi said:

There has been this one question that I have been asking for so many days, how is it a a bitcoin address is generated and is there a time when it will be finished  and if so , what will happen when all address are designated each, and if not, what happens when all bitcoins a re mined so this question is really one that disturbs me, and this is because you can generate from any wallet we have, lets discus this kindly guys

Bitcoin addresses are generated automatically with the wallets so it doesn't take more than a click its so fast that the wallets generate it,  and yeah i also have some question about what if all bitcoins mined out, but i think even if its all mined we can still exchange with it.

• +1 1

The bitcoin address is generated randomly through blockchain by using hashes, and when blockchain generate address it never duplicate again to generate the same address. 

A bitcoin address is a code that opens and closes your wallet where you will receive and send bitcoin and it is generally a wallet inside another wallet or inside a cryptocurrency exchange, for example in payeer, if you open an account there you have of several cryptocurrency addresses including the bitcoin address, that is, a range of addresses can be available depending on how many cryptocurrencies the wallet or exchange house handles. When you open an account, for example, in an exchange house, you already automatically have the address of bitcoin and the other currencies that that entity has.

11 hours ago, Calvinpriva said:

Well said @Cleaner but i know nothing about generating a bitcoin address. I studied IT but things which i learned are different with blockchain technology, i wish to know the full process though seems it needs time and learn it. I hope i will have time to learn it.

@Calvinpriva..I researched a little blog and got some idea about bitcoin wallet.  First we need to enter the bitcoin.com site.  Then I will click on Bitcoin's wallet.  Then I will create.  To create a new address, you need to specify your name, wallet name and total number of copayers.  Then your wallet address will be created.  You can then trade bitcoin by scanning your address and sharing it with other friends.

Edited by Cleaner
Word missing
  • +3 1

This is technical and while I have read it and understood it is not actually needed to know. The bitcoin address is the public key. A public key is the hacked version of your public key. It is less in size and shorter. The original public key is longer.

Try this explanation here: https://learnmeabitcoin.com/technical/address

If you want to transfer your BTC at exchange you will generate a BTC address their is sometimes no limit of time but some exchanges shows the timer. So better be look under the generated address. Always generate fresh address for transactions and do transaction at same time when you have generated the address. This will be good for you if the address is expired your coins will be lost and you will not recover  them .