Risk in crypto - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Deborah Christine

Risk in crypto

We know that the price of crypto is very volatile. It is very risky but many people interest invest in crypto just see the big profit many people investing in crypto just because they are interested in making huge profits without thinking about the big risks behind crypto investments.  What do you think are the risks involved in crypto investment?

• Useful or interesting 2

It is very true that the crypto market is very volatile and at times easily manipulable.

The biggest risk is to choose the wrong currency at the wrong time. It happens often if you believe in the signals given by so-called experts.

If you are a long term holder of Bitcoin, the risk is very low. On case of other coins, because of less demand, projects may get disappear. This is where the risk relies.

If you are a short term trader, understanding the move is very much important. You can lose significant amount over night because of FUD. The vice versa, you can gain huge as well.

Risk and Return are co-related one with another. More risk = More return.

• Useful or interesting 1

I fully agree with you that cryptocurrency trading is highly risky because of cryptocurrency high volatility. This risk is increased by 100% when a trader choose wrong coin at wrong time.  

yes verry true..investing in crypto very high risk especially in coin that not in a top market..many coin are gone i have a coins they time i buy worth 2000 usd now the value is only 150 usd very sad..

1 hour ago, Deborah Christine said:

We know that the price of crypto is very volatile. It is very risky but many people interest invest in crypto just see the big profit many people investing in crypto just because they are interested in making huge profits without thinking about the big risks behind crypto investments.  What do you think are the risks involved in crypto investment?

Volatility is naturally in crypto. So whoever is involved should be ready. The risk, in my opinion, is its human resources. Developers sometimes quickly turn the bow. For that, we have to investigate the team involved in each cryptocurrency project. 50% of them are likely fraudsters. Delaying development is their characteristic.

Crypto is all about risks and gambling

you can never know what will happen and when will happen

you can just hope and invest and wait for profits

its exactly like gambling in my opinion so there is lots of risk in it and you should be aware of that

4 hours ago, Deborah Christine said:

In every speculative market there are always risks, if you go to the Stock Market, the risks are usually present, the important thing is that if you go into commerce with cryptocurrencies you can use volatility in your favor and take advantage of it because at all times anything is unpredictable.

1 hour ago, Mohs3n71 said:

Crypto is all about risks and gambling

you can never know what will happen and when will happen

you can just hope and invest and wait for profits

its exactly like gambling in my opinion so there is lots of risk in it and you should be aware of that

Can you make an explanation for me why you consider it like gambling? I want to understand from your perspective. Please make myself clear.

There are many risks. There is so much to invest and no harm in losing. The risks are that crypto has not yet been legalized. But also good that crypto was not banned. The risks are still that the exchanges on which you mostly hold coins are unreliable and often become a scam. The market is manipulative and it is very easy to lose money here

Every business model comes with a potential risk, even outside the crypto niche. The business in health sector, agricultural field, transportation, fashion industry, textile firms, banking sectors and others all have their own underlying problem.

4 hours ago, Deborah Christine said:

If you invest and be a hodler than risk will be reduced as you are investing long term. In long term, volatility of the price will not be an issue. Checking the price every day is some kind of a anxiety behaviour. ;/

7 minutes ago, seriousguywithfunnypants said:

If you invest and be a hodler than risk will be reduced as you are investing long term. In long term, volatility of the price will not be an issue. Checking the price every day is some kind of a anxiety behaviour. ;/

It doesn't matter If you investing for a long term or short time, If you invest in the wrong coin you'll definitely end up  on the losing side. Some coins have gone down in price and will never make it back up no matter how long you wait.

7 minutes ago, Mathers said:

It doesn't matter If you investing for a long term or short time, If you invest in the wrong coin you'll definitely end up  on the losing side. Some coins have gone down in price and will never make it back up no matter how long you wait.

Agreed. However, I am talking about focusing on the short term gains. If you focus on that, probably you would developed an anxiety as the price fluctuates like crazy. 

7 minutes ago, chicck said:

real risk when investing in electronic money without doing the basic precautions, greedy actions while transactions and fear are the main reason of the loss of the electronic money market.

Fear and greed are natural features of man, but over time learns to control his fear and greed, this is the experience that makes a person win more than he loses

Forum's Reputation & Reaction explained,
Request / Suggestion: Minimized Quote feature

yes you are right , in crypto as much you can win , you can lose too , you  must work with some rules 

1 -  invest only what you are ready to lost 

2-  always use stop lose

Worst thing u can do in crypto as a newbie is leverage trading,on bitmex its like sending sheep to slaughter, we all know whales like to rekt highest number of ppl

There are plenty of opportunities to make lots of money in the cryptocurrency market, and you should be patient and wise to acquire the right knowledge before investing.

Don't be the person that invests based on the current hype. Do your research first. If it's too complex, look for answers.

The cryptocurrency community is filled with awesome individuals that can simplify things and help you along the way. If you need someone to invest for you, make sure you ask questions to verify their credibility.

There’s no such thing as earning fixed returns when investing in cryptocurrencies. Don't fall for the various scams or Ponzi schemes which are of late, becoming more prevalent in the market.

The biggest risk is investing without learning what crypto really is. The crypto currency does not always rise in price and is always profitable. All it takes is timing !. Buy BTC or Other altcoins when their price falls further you will earn by raising their price again.

On 10/11/2019 at 3:52 PM, Deborah Christine said:

What do you think are the risks involved in crypto investment?

I think everyone should follow these to avoid getting rekt by investing in crypto- 

1. Don't invest without diligent research about the project. Because there are lots of shitcoins available in the market which would eventually end up having 0 value. 

2. Don't invest in hypes. They are just Pump and Dump programs. Avoid them at all cost. 

3. Invest the money which you are ready to lose. Because, everything can fail. Even projects having a good team and usecase  can fail if they don't do proper marketing. 

4. Don't make investment just because some crypto influencer said so in twitter. Because, most of them promote shit for money and you might end up in loss. 

5.If you are trading, always trade with a tight stop loss. 

• Useful or interesting 1

On 10/11/2019 at 3:22 PM, Deborah Christine said:

We know crypto may be good or may be bad for next hours. We cant predict crypto exactly so crypto currency investment is risky and it should be trade with continue volume. Don't hold coins for more than 30 minutes if you making fast profit. So we should only make long term holding in 2,3 satoshi alt coins. So its crypto is not confirmed by its future. This is crypto any thing can happen. If we trade in btc and if we have capital of 1 BTC then we should not make profit more than 20$ per trade in 2-3 minutes.

Utopia Ecosystem Technology Starts Here 😄

Just now, lucifer_8 said:

I think everyone should follow these to avoid getting rekt by investing in crypto- 

1. Don't invest without diligent research about the project. Because there are lots of shitcoins available in the market which would eventually end up having 0 value. 

2. Don't invest in hypes. They are just Pump and Dump programs. Avoid them at all cost. 

3. Invest the money which you are ready to lose. Because, everything can fail. Even projects having a good team and usecase  can fail if they don't do proper marketing. 

4. Don't make investment just because some crypto influencer said so in twitter. Because, most of them promote shit for money and you might end up in loss. 

5.If you are trading, always trade with a tight stop loss. 

Good information. Thanks mate for constructive post.

On 10/11/2019 at 11:22 AM, Deborah Christine said:

As you know that cryptocurrencies are digital assets, my number one risk is in the storage of the crypto assets. Crypto has brought the eyes of most hackers to the digital assets, and it is easy to steal cryptos worth millions in dollars than it is easy to steal fiat worth millions in dollars.

The first think I usually tell people I introduce to the crypto world is

You are your own bank. And you secure your money yourself

On 11.10.2019 at 13:22, Deborah Christine said:

Even if someone invests money in some other project that's not related to cryptocurrency, this investor should understand - there's always and everywhere risk. Somewhere more, and somewhere less.
I think in cryptocurrency trading the risk is the same as in forex trading.
Although I don't have much experience on trading platforms.

Sell/Buy music, sound fx, video footage, photos, vector images and more
for projects, movies and any commercial purposes

https://www.motionelements.com