Your worst experience in Crypto - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
icet208

Your worst experience in Crypto

YES I have such an example. Yes, everyone who is somehow connected with the crypt in the luggage has a bitter experience. 1: loss of keys for a bitcoin wallet 2011 -131 watts 2: purchase of ETN on highs 01.2018 3: Investing in an ICO without returning funds 4: Everyone knows the crypto theft

I belong to the crypto world, maybe not as interesting as you guys. I once bought 2 different ICOs that were not actually SCAM, but when I was too greedy when it was time to sell I didn't sell it. and finally I loss my assets.

• Useful or interesting 1

It was December 2017 when I sold my 3333 pieces of token.

I sold them for 1,000 USD as i need money that day, but after 3-5 days that 1,000 USD make my decision the worst.

Those tokens gained the price and turned out to be 20,000. I made mistake and i hope it will not happen again!

My worst experience in crypto is definitely the Savedroid (Scamdroid) ICO. I lost more than $1000 in this Scam.

During the ico mania , there was an ico that had a market cap of 1 mill at start , and they immediately did 14x on etherdelta, like 1 day later, but i forgot to set an alarm to participate in it and 10 minutes later it was already over. It was first come first serve, still hurts. Anyway the devs exit scammed 2 weeks later so lol

Edited by Caporetto
typo

The Biggest  mistake i did was selling 22 BTC  and 5000 ETH in 2015 to recover 75% of my investment  prices kept going down, and I got scared. Had zero crypto-knowledgde back then. So NOW my advice is people must educate themselve before investing. Read and learn as much possible

I get some tokens from ico and when it listed in exchange i get the wrong address and sent it. So I contacted with the customer services and they helped me in 25 day later then  I sold it %70 loses 😞

I think everyone knows the Cryptopia exchange. The exchange closed after the burglary and I also lost some money. Still had a negative experience investing BTC in one project pyramid on deposit. The project closed in a few days. Well, already 2 years as I keep some coins which from 1-2$ fell to 7-10 cents

I think my worst experience was with the first epic BlackCoin pump on Mintpal exchange. I had bought a bunch of them woth almost 0 on a small Indian exchange, they allegedly got "hacked" just some days before the Mintpal pump. In the end an expensive loss (at least for the profit I lost).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.playbetr.com?r=5327
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://fivebucks.com/

Back in first month of 2018, I did not sell my erc-20 coin when it's reached all time high 1 coin equivalent $4.49 now it's only $0.03. Until now I am still keeping it, I don't know maybe such a fool for me. Worst experience also worst decision. Duh if I could turn back time. But I believe after something bad happens there will be better situation.

I have lost about 0.02 btc only on scam, actually one person have contacted me that he is from crypto blocked nation so his funds is in exchange so I have to just register and he will transfer me the funds and I will withdraw it but that never happened and it asked me to deposit some amount and I did because of many request and asking people on chat but then it turned out as a scam.

the worse for me is to buy coins onix..i lost my money of that coins. ihold many coins for thehope to become 5usd in the fure but suddenly the price is dropping very dip until now.

A very unpleasant experience was when my myetherwallet wallet was broken.

I had a wallet made especially for airdrops and I woke up one day that about 75 types of coins were transferred to another wallet.

I think my worst experience in crypto is when I gamble all my bitcoin, back then my mind was lose and I can't control my gambling adiction, I regret gamble my all bitcoin i was thinking now if I sell it I don't have a problem where to get money. Till today it's still giving me a despression when I recall what I did.

Don't spam the forum, always follow the forum rules. 👌

General Forum Rules | Forum Ranks | Guideline for posting on Cryptotalk.org

~ Happy posting guys! 😃

Life is hard, but there are moments, sometimes hours - and, if you're really lucky, full days - where everything feels just right.” ☺️

I was observing this thread but really did not find any motivation to make a comment but I think I finally found one to share:

Well I have lost 80% of my BTC holding in ICOs and trading. In the late 2017 and early 2018 I was investing heavily in ICOs and was buying alts with the hope that I will get huge return. But I never thought that the bull was coming and I was very in trading business that can cause me the harm.

The bull run started and my assets were going down and down. Right now I do not even count those alt in my portfolio. 99.99% value just gone from them.

To give you an idea how much I lost: I bought UTK token worth of $1.5k to $2k that time and not only this, I still have 20+ alts like this and all are down now.

My only mistake was not to use stop-lose on the trades and not to sell those ICOs when they were listed in the exchange.

Hope you guys find some value in it.

On 10/11/2019 at 8:40 AM, BitcoinCase said:

Oh man I got a good one (well really bad actually). I'm not gonna say how many because it makes me sick to my stomach to think about it. Was in some earlier days of getting into Crypto and I didn't know about 2FA. All of my Litecoins at the time were stolen as my account got hacked and they withdrew all. The amount of Litecoins was huge as I bought them for just $0.15 each.  Much, much more than just a few hundred dollars worth and that's all I have else to say about it. 🤮

You 2FA experience remind me mine worst experience. Maybe 1 year ago i need urgent money so i decided to cash out some of my coins. So at the same time my phone broken and i had trouble until solve it with customer service

57 minutes ago, davids said:

i have some bad experience in crypto like invest in cloud mining and HYIP, all of them to be scams. one more, i am getting scam when invest in ico. but it's my mistake because didn't do research about the ico that I join

Well those cloud mining HYIP were always scams. There were no real earning for them just this MLM structure which was meant to dry up over time. 

Those who stay at the top gain some profit and the rest are the losers.

With ICOs I had the same. I was invested with lot of ICOs those even delivered any project at all. Those old bitter days LOL 

11 minutes ago, pattamanu said:

I bought bitcoin at the peak price, 18k $. it was one of my worst investment experiences, and it made me study,

it makes me not too easy to invest

you still holding that bitcoin or you sold it already ? have you traded with that bitcoin ? you may learn trading and make up that loss

while mining with video cards, I entered the mines in the early times of bitcoin. I started digging. of course, the sum of my digs is only $ 1-2. I said that it won't be good. I deleted my wallet and of course my private key with more than 15-20 btc in it 😞

for your donations;

BTC:  13b8EgwkK21Dn9qru26fgzsVaSpS8hEAuV

ETH:  0xa15E78Da25C54f5D809041dd9d43A346e8b14BC4

LTC:   MNCerYDp6yoTvjM7nC8wV5ua8x8ZBTWCzZ

1 hour ago, coinpesinde said:

I deleted my wallet and of course my private key with more than 15-20 btc in it 😞

Man back in the days no one really thought that bitcoin will become this big. If you would know then you would not do that, if the guy who threw away the hard drive with 7,500 BTC know that bitcoin will be here then he would not do that.

There are lot of stories around and no one thought they will be seeing this today. 

One thing I have learnt is that there are no regret. We need to move on and focusing on how to accumulate more BTC now.

These are the cases that the only positive thing is that you gain experience since I doubt that you will again assume a risk of that magnitude, one is learning to only invest the money that you are willing to lose.

A few bad experience went iam on crypto is :
-Holding without a reason.

Yes, im holding a crypto without a good reason most of my crypto i hold because the price was down and waiting to backup again but they never backup again and i losing my capital.
-Selling Early.
I know some trader tell to us "Better ended your trade with profit than lose the trade" but selling early sometimes makes me mad cause i can get more profit if i hold a bit longer.

My worst story is 1 years ago i trade a coin when the price was 1$ after 6 month the price was 6$ but now the price is 0.5$ it's my worst story 

My worst experience to crypto is to be scammed, i joined to the airdrop and the ICO released tokens and i got 1000 but they give is 520 tokens only and there has no value in market so im so confused.

since i just only got here few weeks ago, i do not have a worst experience... however, reading this thread i gathered some important information that will help me in securing and double checking my transactions further... hopefully, those worst experiences that you all posted, will not happen to me and everyone else here...