Your worst experience in Crypto - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
icet208

Your worst experience in Crypto

Post your worst experience in Crypto since you joined this amazing world.

I will start with mine:

I have found out about Bitcoin in late 2013 and have bought around 4 BTC (yes I did bought the TOP) and deposited it on BTC-e exchange.

Didn`t had any 2FA at the time, so, long story short I have lost all my BTC due to e phishing email.

Lesson learned the hard way!

• Useful or interesting 15
  • +1 9
  • +2 10
  • +3 5
  • +4 2
  • +5 6

well the whole of 2019 was disastrous for me, I invested in various ico and most of them turned out to be scams, while the others their tokens lost almost all their initial value...

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

3 hours ago, icet208 said:

I will start with mine:

I have found out about Bitcoin in late 2013 and have bought around 4 BTC (yes I did bought the TOP) and deposited it on BTC-e exchange.

Didn`t had any 2FA at the time, so, long story short I have lost all my BTC due to e phishing email.

I have lost my investment in cryptopia. this is just major and most of members are victim of this accident. Second is i bough dft on yobit at 1.61$ and forced to sell at 0.99$ after long. However the dft coin was good coin and i made 2000$+ profit in just three weeks but when BTC market crased the dft also lost its market and now 0.01$. By the way it was good coin and i loss only $40-50 but already i take advantage of this. So its my wrost experience that it never come back to its state to make profit.

• +1 1
  • +2 3
  • +3 1

Utopia Ecosystem Technology Starts Here 😄

I bought 15 ethers worth of a token named CYFM and guess what

it has lost 90 percent of it's value and now I have 1.5 ethers

Just now, icet208 said:

I will start with mine:

My worst experience is that I have invest all my profit in BTH, BTG, BCH and then suddenly the BTC price move to down trend and I have lost  all of my money.

• +2 3

Youtube ChannelSocial media Assets, Websites and Plugins are available in a very reasonable price 😇 TALK Token is also acceptable.

12 hours ago, icet208 said:

I will start with mine:

Im in cryptocurrency space since 2015 but im not focus on it, until 2016 when my friend tell me to give some attention to these new digital prospect because its a promising. during 2016 my first investment journey was into a cloudmining, at that time i join in HashOcean cloudmining that became a scam in the following months. and my second worst experience was wayback 2018 in i was investing in 3 ICO's that turn into scam.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +3 2

I have had several bad experience in crypto but my worst experience is investing with a loan on an ICO that turned out to be a scam. That was my greatest regret in crypto.

• +2 2

I had a bad experience losing $ 300 because of malware that had infiltrated my computer and modified BTC addresses, it turns out that of course the transfer came to that account and I lost my funds without being able to recover them, from there check and recheck up to 3 times

• +1 2
  • +3 1

mine was too greediness, 2017 the market was pumped and I just keep hold my tokens that time. I just want to earn more profit until the dumped was happening, I thought it will bounce back so I keep hold, and unexpectedly the market still dumping so much. So lesson learned for me  do not be greedy. Be satisfied what you have earned.

• +3 1
  • +4 1

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

I won a really big giveaway on crypto gambling site on 2016 and you know what? i bet all of them and the result is i lost them all only in 1 day. I keep remember that thing and makes me mad.

• +2 2

Just now, miskyming said:

la mía era demasiada avaricia, 2017 el mercado se bombeó y solo mantengo mis tokens esa vez. Solo quiero obtener más ganancias hasta que suceda el dumping, pensé que se recuperaría, así que me mantengo en espera, e inesperadamente el mercado sigue volcando tanto. Entonces, la lección aprendida para mí no sea codiciosa. Satisface lo que has ganado.

if the most convenient thing is that when you are in earnings you know when to retire since greed is a bad advisor and ends up making us lose everything we have earned and even capital.
Once someone recommended me when you buy new coins, it establishes a percentage of profits when you get there if you get up a little more, you will only stop winning but you will never be in a loss, otherwise if you stay and the price comes down you will be trapped and without profits until you trace something that is unpredictable.

• +1 1
  • +3 3

worst experience? my whole crypto journey 😂 i started in 2017 in polo and was kicked out, moved to bittrex my account got disabled for 6 months so i missed out on the dec 2017 pull run, moved to binance for 3 months then i got a warning from then to withdrawal funds then i started trading in yobit and it was profitable but then moved large amount to cryptopia cuz i saw some coins there ready to go up and 2 weeks after that cryptopia got hacked😂

i seriously don't know what i did in life to have such a shitty luck.

• +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

Worst for me was losing around 0.5 BTC playing some online crypto games like dice on a website called something like "Tom and Jerry". This was back in 2017 so the amount was already quite substantial.

Lesson learned, don't gamble, the house always wins.

• +1 1
  • +4 1

These are the cases that the only positive thing is that you gain experience since I doubt that you will again assume a risk of that magnitude, one is learning to only invest the money that you are willing to lose.

Edited by starwill
  • +1 1
  • +3 1

15 minutes ago, starwill said:

These are the cases that the only positive thing is that you gain experience since I doubt that you will again assume a risk of that magnitude, one is learning to only invest the money that you are willing to lose.

That's the only plus side to loosing your funds to a crypto scam, but I don't it's always necessary to learn this lessons the hard way, because some lessons are rather too costly.

• +2 2

My worst experience in crypto to invest in my first ICO two years ago. That ico name was 4new and they promised to investors good return. The ico price was 1 dollars and I invested 5000 dollars in this ico and after that the owner of the ico keep giving false information regarding building a mining firm and later we know that they scammed us i lost all my money in it. And not only me every single investors loss it. So this is my very bad experience in crypto. 

• +3 1
  • +4 1

Oh man I got a good one (well really bad actually). I'm not gonna say how many because it makes me sick to my stomach to think about it. Was in some earlier days of getting into Crypto and I didn't know about 2FA. All of my Litecoins at the time were stolen as my account got hacked and they withdrew all. The amount of Litecoins was huge as I bought them for just $0.15 each.  Much, much more than just a few hundred dollars worth and that's all I have else to say about it. 🤮

• +1 1
  • +2 3
  • +5 1

8 minutes ago, Cryptolove said:

Mi peor experiencia en criptografía para invertir en mi primera ICO hace dos años. Ese nombre ico era 4new y prometieron a los inversores un buen rendimiento. El precio de ico era de 1 dólar e invertí 5000 dólares en este ico y después de eso, el propietario del ico sigue dando información falsa sobre la construcción de una empresa minera y luego sabemos que nos estafaron, perdí todo mi dinero en él. Y no solo todos los inversores lo pierden. Entonces esta es mi muy mala experiencia en criptografía. 

But everything that glitters is not gold, and even less in ICOs.
It might seem that by operating on a transparent and revolutionary technology such as blockchain, ICOs are exempt from scams. Nothing is further from reality.
Let's be realistic. ICOs if they are full of something are scoundrels. There are everywhere.
Although the technology allows to give many guarantees, the ignorance of the investors causes them to enter anything that says they are called ICO, to offer a distribution of tokens or to put the word Blockchain between neon lights.

And, in the face of the rapid money fever, many scammers take advantage every day.
On the other hand, generalist media and pseudo experts or experts abound, so it is difficult for normal people to reach pure sources of information for documentation.

• +2 1
  • +4 1

13 hours ago, icet208 said:

I will start with mine:

I entered the crypto world without any knowledge or resource. when i was trying to earn some money i saw only faucet and scam for 1 month 😛. It was the hard phase of my crypto journey.Well know view about crypto to anyone i have gained more knowledge about it.

(Note - never waste time with online marketing promotion )

• +2 1
  • +3 1

The worst coin & worst experience in the crypto was liza coin, i lost too much money in this shit coin, i bought it from the top & it goes down & down & i wasted my lot of money.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Hard Worker 😎😎

I had a really sad story, I still regret it. It was the Binance airdrop, if I just signed up then, I could've got $12000..what a loss!! I just cant get thorough it. Then I started to join wherever I got airdrops, but nothing like that is happened.

• +3 1
  • +4 1

I lost 5 BTC in January 2019, and I'm sure you will know where I am missing,
yes, I lost in cryptopia, before there was a hacker attack, I made a deposit there, exactly 2 days after I deposited a hacker attack, and until now there has been no clarity. whether my lost BTC will be returned by cryptopia or not.

• +2 2
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

I have sell my first bounty token called AERON/ ARN about $250 and next week the price increasing 10 x,,what a miss calculated on profit...

• +1 3
  • +5 1

Me my worst experience was i sending ETH to wrong address, and got scammed. That was my greater regret. So Lesson learned.

• +4 1