I am getting bored | delay discussions.

300 seconds to wait in between two posts to make  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• This is okay
    • The delay should be reduced
    • We need more waiting time 5 minutes is not enough

1 minute ago, phabulu said:

120 seconds For everyone? I think this should be different for each rank here.

It's not yet but yes it's 120 seconds for everyone. 

I think this is okay however the best implementation will be to determine based on the forum rank. As people go higher in rank they should not have any restriction at all.

I am sure admin has this mind.

2 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

It's not yet but yes it's 120 seconds for everyone. 

I think this is okay however the best implementation will be to determine based on the forum rank. As people go higher in rank they should not have any restriction at all.

I am sure admin has this mind.

True, since is changing everyday, I'm really excited to see the next things that will be implemented here, looks like signatures is already changing.

There also a few thing that people may not noticed, if we post here in the same thread with no interval the posts are merged, cool.

And when I left the page and come back my draft was here too

• Useful or interesting 1

Just now, phabulu said:

looks like signatures is already changing.

What change? I have not spotted any yet. Can you give some example.

1 minute ago, phabulu said:

There also a few thing that people may not noticed, if we post here in the same thread with no interval the posts are merged, cool.

Oh I encountered it yesterday. This is a really good addition. This way people can not make double posts. I have seen a lot of users were double posting earlier.

2 minutes ago, phabulu said:

And when I left the page and come back my draft was here too

I noticed it very long ago. 😊

actually the 5 min timer is too much for a form. For example when i log in to a topic and i write something, and someone else replies my entry i should reply the guy in max one minute delay. Otherwise it will be bored 

30 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

What change? I have not spotted any yet. Can you give some example.

People was using image, and now images it's not allowed in the signatures anymore, I think that videos too.

53 minutes ago, phabulu said:

People was using image, and now images it's not allowed in the signatures anymore, I think that videos too.

Fantastic. I have seen some odd images and videos too with this big signature space. In most cases the contents are of the signature was lager than the posting contents lol

Yeah, we will see enormous changes as we grow. I am glad that I am one of the very early member on this forum. Number 14, it's a pride for me 😊

The time is now reduced to 120 seconds or less than that which is good because 5 minutes time frame was too long.

2 hours ago, HammadAli said:

The time is now reduced to 120 seconds or less than that which is good because 5 minutes time frame was too long.

Yeah it was. And it's a relief for me LOL

Well we will see a lot of changes the forum will go though. We have just started after all.

Yes I think 300 seconds is fair enough. 300 seems too much now because of the contests, but remember this is not a chatting app.

9 minutes ago, Kiddo said:

Yes I think 300 seconds is fair enough. 300 seems too much now because of the contests,

I think you messed up LOL

Did you mean 120 seconds is fair enough and 300 seems too much?

but remember this is not a chatting app.

Well no one is considering it as a chatting app. There some conversations that are time sensitive and also waiting for posting that long time is kind of annoying. 

Anyway, it has already removed and we are good now. This forum will have a lot more to experiment. Remember we have just started only. A long way still we have to go.

5 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

I think you messed up LOL

Did you mean 120 seconds is fair enough and 300 seems too much?

even 120 seconds is too much, but for my rank, I think that is fair, for higher ranks is better to reduce it, and for newbies as an example, is good to keep 300 seconds, If a spammer join here this 300 sec may discourage him to post here

3 minutes ago, phabulu said:

even 120 seconds is too much, but for my rank, I think that is fair, for higher ranks is better to reduce it, and for newbies as an example, is good to keep 300 seconds, If a spammer join here this 300 sec may discourage him to post here

I think I have said it in another topic but here again,

The best will be using the rank base. But I am not sure if this forum software has any default setting like this. If not then it will require a developer to make this kind of changes.

But yes having a cool down period is very necessary for the brand new members. We have seen it in the other forum. Newbie and Brand new members are the most who goes for spamming. Once a user starts getting old then they actually do less spamming.

According to my point of view 300 sec are not good, they should reduce the delay, because i am getting bored to wait for 300 sec, its a very strict rule in the forum that you must for 300 sec to post again.

Hard Worker 😎😎

4 minutes ago, Saqib Ali Sadiq said:

According to my point of view 300 sec are not good, they should reduce the delay, because i am getting bored to wait for 300 sec, its a very strict rule in the forum that you must for 300 sec to post again.

It's 6 minutes. If so many spammers would stop than we wouldn't have the delay. It's needed.

6 minutes ago, BitcoinCase said:

It's 6 minutes. If so many spammers would stop than we wouldn't have the delay. It's needed.

they have already changed it, please check some of the posts aboce, we are now waiting 120 seconds between posts

Regardless of what the seconds are, it's silly to complain about it. It's to stop spammers. I've never seen so many paople which are being given BTC for free, cry like babies about waiting 2 minutes. crazy

You may not agree with me, but i think the 300 seconds of waiting between posts is necessary to prevent SPAM. But older users who have a higher rank, it is normal to have a shorter waiting time, because it is obvious that there are no spammers.

• Useful or interesting 1

I would agree that the established people here should be able to post without a delay. The more people that are here and posting for an established time  it is better for the site to allow and reward the senior posters a little more flexibility.