I am getting bored | delay discussions.

300 seconds to wait in between two posts to make  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• This is okay
    • The delay should be reduced
    • We need more waiting time 5 minutes is not enough

6 minutes ago, Admin said:

These limits are temporary, just for blocking spammers and remove bad posts. Probably for next few days or until next week. We need some time for adding more forum mods.

Thank you very much for the answer, I imagined that the measures were going around, although they can be implemented only for the Newbies, since they need to have the restriction so that they have maturity in the forum.

The delay shouldn't really be applied to higher ranks like the way it is on other forums. 

The delay is quite good for those thinking of burstposting.

8 minutes ago, Phash said:

The delay shouldn't really be applied to higher ranks like the way it is on other forums. 

The delay is quite good for those thinking of burstposting.

It is quite correct what you are telling but you can see lot of high rank members are also posting so much , so i think this steps are good and even this step is temporary not permanent. when the problem will be solved everything will become normal. I agree with Admin decisions

If anyone wanted to promote their project through my signature can contact me with your offers.😊

1 hour ago, susilabai said:

YA but it shoud be restricted accroding to the rank of the user, that would have been good because this restriction is good for newbies but for high rank also same restriction is not good.

Well if you were in that position, then how do you feel? The restriction will help including server speed and we see thousands of posts in one day.

Do you see how many had wrote more than 10 lines post?

These are just my points, that is my 2 cents. hHwever time should be reduced for 60 or 120 seconds as it is taking long.

My services

@Admin there we had you 😊 

Thanks mate for your direct response in this topic. Well I certainly understand this and glad to know that this is a temporary restriction. However, I think this is okay based on the ranking. (In my opinion)For a brand new and newbie member these sorts of restriction need to be applied to prevent spamming but gradually when someone ranks up then actually we know from experience that they are going to do less spam as they already built up a name for them.

I have been with the BitcoinTalk forum from long time and was active in their meta section. I built up an account to Sr. member there from 0 merit before leaving their community (I locked the account for some reason and I have no intention to join the mess again) or I would have a Legendary account there by now. I was very close with their forum affairs. So I have very good understanding about the things that effects a community. I hope this suggestion of giving this delay period for brand new and newbie members will be considered. This will save us from a lot of spams.

By the way, good to hear your voice. I think you really need to give us some of your time so that we can engage with you in conversations like this and  know your philosophy. You created a platform for all of us and it's very important to know what you want and which direction you want the community to go. The more we will know you the better comfort we will feel in engaging with you. I gotta say that I miss it and I am sure some of the forum member does the same. 

Anyway, I hope you are doing well and pleased so see the progress we are making in this community.

Thank you.

These days I have seen very important corrections in the forum and that is very positive if you want to position the forum we must adjust all the details, just as they have been taking corrective measures, many may not agree with the moment but seeing the Results will know why such a decision should have been made. We advance one day at a time, better times will come and only the pioneers will know everything that costs.

@xBDT Script

You too left Bitcointalk forums? as I am also because of their abuse and hijack system. I am hoping the admin would resolve this thread soon.

Most of the people left Bitcointalk forums because of their stupidity and hijacking threads. We cannot go back or neither interested to use them again.

For 300 seconds gap we are able to post only 12 per hour or below.

My services

16 minutes ago, cryptosix said:

@xBDT Script

You too left Bitcointalk forums? as I am also because of their abuse and hijack system. I am hoping the admin would resolve this thread soon.

Most of the people left Bitcointalk forums because of their stupidity and hijacking threads. We cannot go back or neither interested to use them again.

This ban is for temporary and i think very soon they will remove it till then we can do nothing. Even yobit are not able to county the post in previous system that is why i think this option is good and posting will become some slow so that admin will get more time to check the users posting and keep this forum clean and clear.

If anyone wanted to promote their project through my signature can contact me with your offers.😊

14 minutes ago, cryptosix said:

@xBDT Script

So you think 12 posts per hour isn't enough? 

Do you want the changes to be reversed back because of the contest or there's passion for posting here? 

We would see how things goes after the contest. 

The delay time is normal if the maximum daily post is 30 then there is time to read other post, many people are here to post to earn some bucks without reading other post I think we should cultivate the habit of reading other good comments rather than aiming to reach a maximum daily post

2 minutes ago, gabbie2010 said:

The delay time is normal if the maximum daily post is 30 then there is time to read other post, many people are here to post to earn some bucks without reading other post I think we should cultivate the habit of reading other good comments rather than aiming to reach a maximum daily post

ya it is true that most of them dont even read the last some comments and then try to post message. i always read last some post and then try to comment as per the discussion is moving.

2 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

This must be 300 seconds now, meaning 5 minutes delay. I have no idea about all of you but I am getting bored and I think I will never be able to finish responding to the queue I have in my activity list for the posts I follow (I am talking about custom activity stream).

I am not complaining but having 300 seconds to wait is too much time to wait for a user like me who loves to talk to others constantly.  This 120 second was okay though. 

I would like to hear from the community so that @Admin and mods ( @epidemia @ayatoslaw @Alex077 ) can come to a considerable number for us.

Please share your thought and ideas of the alternative so that we can take actions to stop the spammers.

300 secs are OK with me. Insightful messages can't be posted with the speed of laser printer opposite to the spamming ones. BTW, how did you manage to get VIP status not having 12000+ posts?

I also feel impatient to wait, we will start to be disturbed when chatting with a short tempo, but this step is done to keep members from spamming.

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

22 minutes ago, cryptex said:

300 secs are OK with me. Insightful messages can't be posted with the speed of laser printer opposite to the spamming ones. BTW, how did you manage to get VIP status not having 12000+ posts?

I kept wondering too or is there something the admin is hidden from us? 

His post count is far from VIP rank. 

Just now, xBDT Script said:

This must be 300 seconds now, meaning 5 minutes delay. I have no idea about all of you but I am getting bored and I think I will never be able to finish responding to the queue I have in my activity list for the posts I follow (I am talking about custom activity stream).

I am not complaining but having 300 seconds to wait is too much time to wait for a user like me who loves to talk to others constantly.  This 120 second was okay though. 

I would like to hear from the community so that @Admin and mods ( @epidemia @ayatoslaw @Alex077 ) can come to a considerable number for us.

Please share your thought and ideas of the alternative so that we can take actions to stop the spammers.

By the number of your posts I may conclude that you are really active poster. How do you find so much free time to post so much? I guess this is your only source of income if you have nothing else to do besides to wait 300 seconds before to make another comment. 

i think the delay of post around about 2 minuets its good but also its safe for forum because many people or members trying spamy pots for earning i am here to learn some good informative knowledge about coins

1 hour ago, Phash said:

We would see how things goes after the contest. 

I am also interested to see how it goes after the contest. 

This is what I think: We will have a lot of people never come back unless they smell money again however in this process we will find some loyal members who will rebuild the community. This is how a community grows. 

I really hope in this process we will find some loyal forum members.

May be you want me to see there as well, right? We will see 😊

55 minutes ago, Phash said:

I kept wondering too or is there something the admin is hidden from us? 

Good luck figuring it out. It's in front of your eyes 😁

1 hour ago, cryptex said:

TW, how did you manage to get VIP status not having 12000+ posts?

That's a secret and I can share in PM if you want but you need to promise me that you will not share with anyone. 🤪

6 hours ago, BullRunBit said:

You getting bored for delay of 5 minutes between posts?

And you know that is limit 50 posts per day?

"loves to talk to others contantly" I dont want to be rude but I think it's better to talk with people in real life.

And you probably misunderstood about how forum work or how it should work.

It's not place where you just talk with people, it's place where you share some usefull informations that people come and seach for informations. Why will people come here to read what you write with other people? 

I think it is very important what you write than how much posts you have. 😉

50 Posts per day?? Where have you seen that Sir? It's the first time I read that. Why they would be a limit of 50 posts?

Edited by Mad Robot

5 hours ago, Admin said:

These limits are temporary, just for blocking spammers and remove bad posts. Probably for next few days or until next week. We need some time for adding more forum mods.

It's good to see the forum being developed, Where you guys will be hiring more mods? Maybe you guys can offer the jobs for people here on the forum.

It is not that I want to continue insisting but the truth is that the 300-second delay usually hardens the mood and motivation, as many colleagues have said, the restriction should apply to new members.

3 minutes ago, Bills said:

It is not that I want to continue insisting but the truth is that the 300-second delay usually hardens the mood and motivation, as many colleagues have said, the restriction should apply to new members.

good idea
Maybe we can whitelist members who don't violate the rules
They don't have any limitations
what is your opinion about this suggestion ?

5 minutes ago, mostawda3 said:

good idea
Maybe we can whitelist members who don't violate the rules
They don't have any limitations
what is your opinion about this suggestion ?

I think it's a great ideal, this can be quickly filtered by the mods in the forum, it would automatically have the list of those users who do not spam, to continue posting without that limitation.

5 hours ago, cryptosix said:

@xBDT Script

I've left too, long time ago, using only altcointalks and Cryptotalk, those forum is well structured and I can grow by my own.

Maybe for me personally it's okay with a delay of 300 seconds, because it really doesn't need to post quickly. But if other members are disturbed by this rule I also won't ban it because everyone has it different capacities. All let the admin decide, because they know the best for development this forum.

i have had the same problem more and more... it is the way the platform keeps us here... but in the same way is boring a bit and we are getting far. Let's hope it will be changed for the good.