I am getting bored | delay discussions. - Off Topic - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

I am getting bored | delay discussions.

300 seconds to wait in between two posts to make  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• This is okay
    • The delay should be reduced
    • We need more waiting time 5 minutes is not enough

New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait 294 seconds before submitting.

This must be 300 seconds now, meaning 5 minutes delay. I have no idea about all of you but I am getting bored and I think I will never be able to finish responding to the queue I have in my activity list for the posts I follow (I am talking about custom activity stream).

I am not complaining but having 300 seconds to wait is too much time to wait for a user like me who loves to talk to others constantly.  This 120 second was okay though. 

I would like to hear from the community so that @Admin and mods ( @epidemia @ayatoslaw @Alex077 ) can come to a considerable number for us.

Please share your thought and ideas of the alternative so that we can take actions to stop the spammers.

• Useful or interesting 1

I would change waiting time for different Member ranks, something like in BigbrotherBtc forum

Brand New:  should have longest waiting time
Newbie:    long waiting time
Jr. Member:  101-300  medium waiting time
Member:  300-1000   normal waiting time
Full Member: 1000-3000  small waiting time
Sr. Member: 3000-6000  almost no waiting time
Hero Member: 6000-9000 No waiting time
Legendary: 9000-12000 No waiting time
VIP: 12000+ No waiting time

Edited by hexwin
  • +5 1

13 minutes ago, susilabai said:

for high rank also same restriction is not good.

8 minutes ago, bitcoworld said:

Maybe depend on your Membership Status you should be able to make the posts faster than newbies.

Yap, I was thinking the same. 

It's very important that we find a balance and this is what we need to figure out now that what will be the balance here.

When we will grow old, the old members will not like this long gap which will demotivate them to join in the conversations. I am already feeling bored and missing so many topics to answer. If one stops enjoying their time here then it will be hard to stay for them.

5 minutes ago, hexwin said:

Brand New:  should have longest waiting time
Newbie:    long waiting time
Jr. Member:  101-300  medium waiting time
Member:  300-1000   normal waiting time
Full Member: 1000-3000  small waiting time
Sr. Member: 3000-6000  almost no waiting time
Hero Member: 6000-9000 No waiting time
Legendary: 9000-12000 No waiting time
VIP: 12000+ No waiting time

This seems a good idea. If we agree with this then we need to find out the numbers of the waiting time based on the ranks. Thing is that we need to know if the current forum software have this option based on each rank. If not then it will require extra development and I am not sure as a new community if the forum admin is ready for it. 

1 minute ago, BullRunBit said:

You getting bored for delay of 5 minutes between posts?

And you know that is limit 50 posts per day?

"loves to talk to others contantly" I dont want to be rude but I think it's better to talk with people in real life.

And you probably misunderstood about how forum work or how it should work.

It's not place where you just talk with people, it's place where you share some usefull informations that people come and seach for informations. Why will people come here to read what you write with other people? 

I think it is very important what you write than how much posts you have. 😉

Not sure what are you trying to teach me. I have seen the similar attitude in other thread that came from you. If you think my posts are not appropriate then please report then to the mod. There are no need for offending anyone. See I had to edit this post to answer you because I have no time to waste to wait for the 300 seconds to wait to answer you in another post.

Please mate, if you have problem with my posts then just report.

Edited by xBDT Script

46 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

This must be 300 seconds now, meaning 5 minutes delay. I have no idea about all of you but I am getting bored and I think I will never be able to finish responding to the queue I have in my activity list for the posts I follow (I am talking about custom activity stream).

I am not complaining but having 300 seconds to wait is too much time to wait for a user like me who loves to talk to others constantly.  This 120 second was okay though. 

I would like to hear from the community so that @Admin and mods ( @epidemia @ayatoslaw @Alex077 ) can come to a considerable number for us.

Please share your thought and ideas of the alternative so that we can take actions to stop the spammers.

"loves to talk to others contantly" I dont want to be rude but I think it's better to talk with people in real life.

It's not place where you just talk with people, it's place where you share some usefull informations that people come and seach for informations. Why will people come here to read what you write with other people? 

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

16 minutes ago, BullRunBit said:

I think you are getting him wrong. When you are in a discussion, the time interval is too much. At least admin can check his post quality and whitelist him if he is not spamming (which I believe he is not spamming). I had some engagement with him and he was constructive always.

@xBDT Script, this is a time limit. The development of the forum continues, everyone needs to be patient. Big changes await us!

P.S. Do not be afraid, I am also limited.😁

_________

Add for everyone and especially for @Consignee

An important tip for everyone - if you see that the main message in the topic violates the rule, then there is no point in answering it, since after deleting the topic posts are minus from the whole topic. Immediately report!

This is the answer to your question about payments. I spoke with the administrator, and he said that a lot of bad topics with your posts have been deleted, so the post indicator slipped into minus value.

2 minutes ago, epidemia said:

@xBDT Script, this is a time limit. The development of the forum continues, everyone needs to be patient. Big changes await us!

P.S. Do not be afraid, I am also limited.😁

I know but see I had to wait 10 minutes to respond you LOL

Ps: I already made a response in another topic that killed the first 5 minutes 😆

By the way, please can you lock the other topic please. It's not useful anymore: 

Thank you mate.

57 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Not sure what are you trying to teach me. I have seen the similar attitude in other thread that came from you. If you think my posts are not appropriate then please report then to the mod. There are no need for offending anyone. See I had to edit this post to answer you because I have no time to waste to wait for the 300 seconds to wait to answer you in another post.

Please mate, if you have problem with my posts then just report.

I dont have problem with nobody's posts, I'm focus on my own posts and sometimes when I see some "not constructive" post I write comment. It's not personally. 

But one question is in my head, how you people (with over 1000 posts) write that much posts.

Whole day just write comments?

Talk to much in real life? 😀 But that is different talking to much and write to much.

Look you have over 1500 posts for a around 2 weeks, that is (1500/14) around 107 posts on a day.

I understand that first few days it was not limit (50 posts/day) and like you say you are here because of promotion 1 BTC and you write a lot of posts then but what you write I would not go into that.

Again, it's not personally I just write facts.

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

Yes I have found it to be really really annoying when trying to post and then waiting to "be allowed"!. Earlier today I gave up as it irritated me this time delay. If I see a post I want to comment on, the delay has started to put me off. Time is everything to me. 

I think those measures are the fault of spammers, really if it is annoying, in fact when reading a thread and answering a topic, the warning came out, then without wanting to delete what I wrote and lost the idea.

These measures must be taken for the Newbies, really if they need it to improve.

I may be wrong but I worked out, to complete 30 posts, you have to wait a total of 2 hours and 30 mins. That does not include the time taken to write the reply. Basically i reckon it requires at least 3 hours just to post 30 times. I am a patient person but trading does not afford me the luxury of having 3 hours to spend on a forum each day...

16 minutes ago, epidemia said:

Add for everyone and especially for @Consignee

An important tip for everyone - if you see that the main message in the topic violates the rule, then there is no point in answering it, since after deleting the topic posts are minus from the whole topic. Immediately report!

How much post I have done today and how much is deleted? The one you mentioned was happened one time probably. But no payment update today. I think today I got one message deleted.

in my opinion it's better than a lot of junk posts that appear. and moderator surely tired if they have to delete it every minute. For members it's easy to just copy-paste-submit, but for the moderator must delete it one by one and it is done every time they go online.

yes brother , i was thinking about this , waiting for 5 minute to post another or a reply is too much , i will accept the half  , 150 second is good i think . 

1 hour ago, xBDT Script said:

Yes i'm agree with your opinion. It should be 100-120 secong and even 90 seconds enough to maintain time standards. If it continue, then it means we have to wait 5 minutes then again wait and again wait 😞 .If it becomes easy then we can easily post with regulation. This is quite hard for a user to stay 5 minute and the person have no chance to do other work. 

Utopia Ecosystem Technology Starts Here 😄

7 minutes ago, Consignee said:

How much post I have done today and how much is deleted? The one you mentioned was happened one time probably. But no payment update today. I think today I got one message deleted.

Don’t worry, you are a very respected forum member. But, the system is now working a little different than you think. It doesn't matter for which day the moderators delete your messages, they go to the general classification today, so you get "zero". That is what the admin told me. So please be patient.

14 minutes ago, Roobin said:

in my opinion it's better than a lot of junk posts that appear. and moderator surely tired if they have to delete it every minute. For members it's easy to just copy-paste-submit, but for the moderator must delete it one by one and it is done every time they go online.

I agree what you said, the limitation is effective for the members who are copy/pasting shit here. Eventually they are getting banned.

But what about the other members who are trying to build the forum, getting engaged with discussion, well, 1 BTC is a motivation certainly. But you must know that if 1 BTC is the target only, he or others or me wouldn't must spend hours of time than reporting. These days I'm not posting much but I have reported a lot. I'm sure everyone is doing that, not sure about newbie but certainly the older members are spending more hours in reporting than posting. Hope this makes sense.

-------

Edit

I have no problem with not receiving the payment, it's 30000 sats only. I have made less posts even, yesterday and the previous day.

We all know that most persons here are for getting 30000 per day, they know that it's impossible now to get into the top list. So, what will be there reaction? I have seen someone was complaining about that. If someone don't deserve, then it's okay. I was trying to get out where the problem is, so that whoever don't receive payment can learn what the reason is. Hope you got me.

@epidemia

Edited by Consignee

1 hour ago, xBDT Script said:

These limits are temporary, just for blocking spammers and remove bad posts. Probably for next few days or until next week. We need some time for adding more forum mods.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +5 1

6 minutes ago, Admin said:

These limits are temporary, just for blocking spammers and remove bad posts. Probably for next few days or until next week. We need some time for adding more forum mods.

Thank you very much for the answer, I imagined that the measures were going around, although they can be implemented only for the Newbies, since they need to have the restriction so that they have maturity in the forum.

The delay shouldn't really be applied to higher ranks like the way it is on other forums. 

The delay is quite good for those thinking of burstposting.

Join Jackbit today and start claiming free coins worth up to 10$ every 10 minutes.

1 hour ago, susilabai said:

YA but it shoud be restricted accroding to the rank of the user, that would have been good because this restriction is good for newbies but for high rank also same restriction is not good.

Well if you were in that position, then how do you feel? The restriction will help including server speed and we see thousands of posts in one day.

Do you see how many had wrote more than 10 lines post?

These are just my points, that is my 2 cents. hHwever time should be reduced for 60 or 120 seconds as it is taking long.

@Admin there we had you 😊 

Thanks mate for your direct response in this topic. Well I certainly understand this and glad to know that this is a temporary restriction. However, I think this is okay based on the ranking. (In my opinion)For a brand new and newbie member these sorts of restriction need to be applied to prevent spamming but gradually when someone ranks up then actually we know from experience that they are going to do less spam as they already built up a name for them.

I have been with the BitcoinTalk forum from long time and was active in their meta section. I built up an account to Sr. member there from 0 merit before leaving their community (I locked the account for some reason and I have no intention to join the mess again) or I would have a Legendary account there by now. I was very close with their forum affairs. So I have very good understanding about the things that effects a community. I hope this suggestion of giving this delay period for brand new and newbie members will be considered. This will save us from a lot of spams.

By the way, good to hear your voice. I think you really need to give us some of your time so that we can engage with you in conversations like this and  know your philosophy. You created a platform for all of us and it's very important to know what you want and which direction you want the community to go. The more we will know you the better comfort we will feel in engaging with you. I gotta say that I miss it and I am sure some of the forum member does the same. 

Anyway, I hope you are doing well and pleased so see the progress we are making in this community.

Thank you.

These days I have seen very important corrections in the forum and that is very positive if you want to position the forum we must adjust all the details, just as they have been taking corrective measures, many may not agree with the moment but seeing the Results will know why such a decision should have been made. We advance one day at a time, better times will come and only the pioneers will know everything that costs.

@xBDT Script

You too left Bitcointalk forums? as I am also because of their abuse and hijack system. I am hoping the admin would resolve this thread soon.

Most of the people left Bitcointalk forums because of their stupidity and hijacking threads. We cannot go back or neither interested to use them again.

For 300 seconds gap we are able to post only 12 per hour or below.

14 minutes ago, cryptosix said:

@xBDT Script

You too left Bitcointalk forums? as I am also because of their abuse and hijack system. I am hoping the admin would resolve this thread soon.

Most of the people left Bitcointalk forums because of their stupidity and hijacking threads. We cannot go back or neither interested to use them again.

For 300 seconds gap we are able to post only 12 per hour or below.

So you think 12 posts per hour isn't enough? 

Do you want the changes to be reversed back because of the contest or there's passion for posting here? 

We would see how things goes after the contest. 

Join Jackbit today and start claiming free coins worth up to 10$ every 10 minutes.