How to enable 2FA on a crypto exchange. - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Dimi_00

How to enable 2FA on a crypto exchange.

2FA means two-factor authentication. It is used in addition to a password to protect a user account from thieves.

It is important to enable 2FA in any exchange you use including yobit.net, so that someone who steals your password will not be able to login to your account and steal your coins.

To do this, 

First download an authenticator app e.g Google authenticator, Last Pass, Authy or any other authenticator app you wish on playstore or apple store.

For desktop, you can download winauth for Windows.

Or you can do a Google search for an authenticator you like.

Next, login to the exchange. From the drop-down menu:

1. Go to settings

2. Look for "Enable 2FA" and click.

3. You will be given a code

4. Make sure to write out the code in paper and KEEP in a safe place.

5. Next, open your authenticator and carefully type in your code, then save it.

6. Once saved, the authenticator will give you a 6-digit code.

7. Copy that code and paste into your exchange, then click "Enable".

8. The exchange will enable 2FA on your account. Henceforth, anytime you wish to login, the exchange will ask for a 6-digit code. Open your authenticator to get the code.

9. This code will serve as a "second password" to login to your account.

Note: in some exchanges, it will be: "Settings" — "Account Security" — "Enable 2FA".

In that order.

Edited by Dimi_00
  • Useful or interesting 19
  • +1 5
  • +2 2
  • +3 6
  • +4 4
  • +5 4

Its a good post and it really helps a lot of .lots of scammers try to get your account as 2fa helps you to take your security one step above . it really makes the security so stong that only you can access the accounts.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +2 2

Actually your post is very good and useful for beginners users. I know how to enable 2fa in exchange but many users don't know about it. I want suggest new users please add 2fa in yobit exchange because 2fa provide security. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

17 hours ago, Novacore_99 said:

Its a good post and it really helps a lot of .lots of scammers try to get your account as 2fa helps you to take your security one step above . it really makes the security so stong that only you can access the accounts.

Yes you are right abour it enable the 2 factirization security and your become more secure .

Wow, a nice content for a step by step procedure on how to use and enable 2FA and it is very detailed thanks to this I'm sure many new members will know about it and will use it so that their accounts will be more secured.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 2

It is very important to enable two factor authentication on your accounts. This reduces the likely hood of your account being hacked and your funds being lost. It may seem like it is being overprotective, but believe me, i ave lost bitcoin in the past because of a hack, and now i always enable 2fa on all my accounts to be safe. Better safe than sorry right.

• +1 1
  • +4 1

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

Nice tutorial for the security of the account also put your bitcoin address and ethereum address for incase you lose your account that makes more secure , always keep 2 step verification , it makes kind of impossible to get cheated or hack your account

• +1 1
  • +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 2/15/2020 at 7:07 PM, Dimi_00 said:

2FA means two-factor authentication. It is used in addition to a password to protect a user account from thieves.

It is important to enable 2FA in any exchange you use including yobit.net, so that someone who steals your password will not be able to login to your account and steal your coins.

To do this, 

First download an authenticator app e.g Google authenticator, Last Pass, Authy or any other authenticator app you wish on playstore or apple store.

1. Go to settings

8. The exchange will enable 2FA on your account. Henceforth, anytime you wish to login, the exchange will ask for a 6-digit code. Open your authenticator to get the code.

Note: in some exchanges, it will be: "Settings" — "Account Security" — "Enable 2FA".

In that order.

Thanks for your information dear. It's really a important things for us.   In you shareing i got to know lot of things.thanks for being with us.

• +1 2

On 2/15/2020 at 6:07 PM, Dimi_00 said:

To do this, 

1. Go to settings

In that order.

Yes friend you are right it's a useful information that you have shared with us but it's a long process so I don't like to use it but it's safe our account for hackers 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2

On 2/15/2020 at 7:07 PM, Dimi_00 said:

To do this, 

1. Go to settings

In that order.

Thanks dear friend, because new member in this forum did not know how to add 2fa security and I also did not how to add 2fa security. I read your post yes it's important to add 2fa security, if we add 2fa security our account will be safe.

• +2 2
  • +3 1

Hey mate, thanks for your informative post because I am new in this forum and I am also new in crypto world before that I did not know about 2fa security, so I will use this method to protect my account. 

• +1 1

2FA is really important this can add your security so no one can hack your account. I prefer to use mobile phone 2fa because no need to open internet in your phone.

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

Two factor authentication, and also refferd as two step verification or Dual factor authentication. This is a security process in which users verify themselves by providing different authentication factors. But i think its too lengthy process and i am not going to use this

• +2 1

Thanks for sharing this useful information because 2FA is necessary for every account.

Most of my accounts is 2FA protected.

But I started work on  Crypto world before 2 days and now I just start earning from cryptotalk. 

Now I am thinking to enable 2FA on my cryptotalk account also.

Edited by drmsohail
Spelling mistake
  • +2 1

Go to your account settings and enable, 2fa identification, in order to protect yourself and your funds. 

• +1 1

1 hour ago, drmsohail said:

Thanks for sharing this useful information because 2FA is necessary for every account.

Most of my accounts is 2FA protected.

But I started cricket world before 2 days and now I just start earning from cryptotalk. 

Now I am thinking to enable 2FA on my cryptotalk account also.

Yes, True, as you all might know that Crypto are on the top list of the hickers. So, It is much better to have a tighten security on all our wallets for crypto. But keep your 2FA information safe, as most of the time we lost it. 

• +1 1

Thanks my friend for your post. This post will halped me to increase the securety of my account and all my hard work on my this account. And this posts will help many other members who need their account save.

• +1 1

Thanks for you topic but i don't activate the 2fa Authenticator because it's annoying to me.  That's why i only use this and until now i don't get any problems here.

• +1 1

For me, I do not like this type of authentication. I rely on only the codes that are sent to me via email or personal number.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

The 2 fa is so important to save your money , but remember to use trusted app the most trusted is google authorization and remember to save the code so if you lost your phone you can login the exchanges

• +1 1

Thank you for this one it is really good to have 2fa in your account because it feel more secure in that way and other also can learn about how this really work because of this post.

• +1 1

5$ E-book That Will help or change you to be a Successful! 

https://gum.co/MIfTd

On 2/15/2020 at 9:18 PM, Fatir said:

I do not heard about it. Its a new thing on cryptotalk for me. So i cant tell you anything about this bro. But i hope this may be a good feature of cryptotalk.

You really need to know this.  It's very important. Your account needs to have a 2fa code so that it'll be secure . I suggest that you should apple this to your account right now. Internet is a dangerous place.

• +1 2

Thanks brother for posting such useful information about enabling 2fa but actually i did it already and I'm known about this already. But this will help many other users that are known about this yet. Even many users skipped this step because of lack of information about this. Thank you once again for posting this information.

• +1 2

On 2/15/2020 at 6:07 PM, Dimi_00 said:

To do this, 

1. Go to settings

In that order.

I don't know how to enable two-fa authorities but your post is useful for me I try to enable this setting in my yobit account thank you for sharing a useful information 

• +1 2
  • +2 1

This feature is good and needed in every earning site or exchanging markets, it will give you more safety to your account, most of the site will put it in the settings, so if anyone wanted to activate it, he needs to go to profike settings and activate it with his phone, this is the good way

• +1 1
  • +2 1