Gold & Crypto - Page 5 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Gold & Crypto

37 minutes ago, kovagiji said:

Both gold and crypto have its good and bad sides.

For crypto you don't have to have storage or pay for safe box.

For gold you don't depend on electricity and you don't have to have computer knowledge to sell it or buy it

Also there are more people who will take gold as currency, because less people use Bitcoin. Gold has been used for tousands of years as currency and it will be hard to replace it.

22 minutes ago, Glossy said:

Also there are more people who will take gold as currency, because less people use Bitcoin. Gold has been used for tousands of years as currency and it will be hard to replace it.

It is true for now.
You can go in any store that sells gold rings and other gold stuff and you can sell it for fiat,
but nobody will accept gold in regular shops now.
Maybe things will change soon for better both for gold and Bitcoin

• Useful or interesting 1

1 minute ago, hexwin said:

It is true for now.
You can go in any store that sells gold rings and other gold stuff and you can sell it for fiat,
but nobody will accept gold in regular shops now.
Maybe things will change soon for better both for gold and Bitcoin

There are people that say that financial crisis will come soon. If then financial system collapse then Bitcoin and gold could be the currencies that will be most widely used.

Just now, Glossy said:

There are people that say that financial crisis will come soon. If then financial system collapse then Bitcoin and gold could be the currencies that will be most widely used.

That is correct. Paper money will be same as toilet paper.
Only thing that bitcoin needs to work compared to gold is electricity....
I am also not sure how will miners work in global collapse?

1 minute ago, hexwin said:

That is correct. Paper money will be same as toilet paper.
Only thing that bitcoin needs to work compared to gold is electricity....
I am also not sure how will miners work in global collapse?

Lol let's hope that it won't come to that level... If electricity and internet collapses we will come back to 1800's technology level.

3 minutes ago, Glossy said:

Lol let's hope that it won't come to that level... If electricity and internet collapses we will come back to 1800's technology level.

I don't think it will collapse... but I don't know the future, and collapse will be huge,
so maybe temporary electric issues are possible.
Good thing is that there are options to run Bitcoin even then

Edited by hexwin

16 minutes ago, hexwin said:

I don't think it will collapse... but I don't know the future, and collapse will be huge,
so maybe temporary electric issues are possible.
Good thing is that there are options to run Bitcoin even then

Yes only time can tell what the future will be but for now it is the best to follow what Churchill once said "Live like there will be peace for 100 years and work like there will be war for 100 years"

5 minutes ago, Glossy said:

Yes only time can tell what the future will be but for now it is the best to follow what Churchill once said "Live like there will be peace for 100 years and work like there will be war for 100 years"

I wonder what would Churchill do with Bitcoin if he was here today?
We don't need any politicians with Bitcoin... they are all greedy liars, and this is new time 😉 

9 minutes ago, bichou1584 said:

Bitcoin is virtual gold.  Gold and Bitcoin are very similar and I think they work well together, they are a store of value and are generally accepted.  Safe haven.  And a way to invest

I agree with your position, undoubtedly Bitcoin is digital gold and compared to gold, it has a better growth, of course gold has a lot more history, that weighs a lot.

I think we can use some gold based tokens as true stable coins.
Gold is more stable than fiat in long term, and gold based token can be used for payment more easy.
One of them is Gold Token
https://gold.storage

Edited by hexwin
  • -1 1

6 minutes ago, edille said:

i think both of these has as good and bad side so i think it has something both similar. Maybe in the future, crypto and gold may help each other and become a partner in the market in the future because this two has a large contribution in the market i guess it is not possible to happen. 

I agree with you!  I don't see no reason why Gold and Bitcoin could not work together to create more stability and connect it with modern technology. It could be great to see this.

Just now, edille said:

Yeah that's right, what if instead of arguing who is the best or competing both parties for who we really need the most, help each other and become one. For sure it has a great impact to the market and also have a great contribution to every one.

I think year 2020 could change a lot of things regarding this.  And I also think that some gold based stable coins can help with this. 

Part of the attraction to cryptocurrency was no government interference & taxes. Failing currencies brought about crypto for an alternative way of buying & selling. Once anything gets backed by gold or silver it's a train wreck IMO, and will soon become taxed to it's death.

On 10/1/2019 at 3:28 PM, hexwin said:

Gold vs crypto: a false dichotomy of epic proportions

What do you think should crypto be against gold or maybe gold and crypto work great together?

I don't see anything wrong in using both of them as Store of Value and as payment option.

There is also several tokens backed by real gold, and this proves that it can work in real life.

Bitcoin is a digital gold because of its store value. In the next bull run, Bitcoin will exceed the market cap of gold and that will be a milestone for the crypto market! Let's wait and see!

1 minute ago, goldsapol said:

Despite all the advantages of gold I like that it was always indifferent, absolutely. But the cue ball as it immediately sunk. There is in it as I do the crypto magic)

Bitcoin has the all advantages, my friend. You cannot transfer a ton of gold in just 10 minutes but you can make a transaction with the Bitcoin worth of tons of gold.

1 minute ago, vlc39 said:

exactly, gold is expensive and also weights a lot. bitcoin can be sent from canada to china in 1 second with cents of fee and without no one blocking it. thats so good about it

That's what I am talking about. Also, we know the supply of Bitcoin so it is more transparent than gold. We are just guessing the amount of gold and its quality. 

On 10/2/2019 at 3:46 PM, xBDT Script said:

Come on!

It's crypto, more precisely Bitcoin. 

I am not saying investing in gold is bad though. As long as you do not have fiat in the bank which will eventually lose the value overtime, you are fine.

Investing in crypto could give someone much profit when it comes in holding it for a long period of time.

18 minutes ago, Robert S. Jones said:

Gold and crypto are two different things,

Gold is an investment also as it can't reproduce by people.

human uses them as jewelries and the price is going up slowly

Some says gold is for a long term investment because the price is always at a good value. On the other hand, crypto price is always changed everytime. It's hard for invest in a long term in crypto.

Harga emas tentu sangat berbeda dari cryptocurrency, harga emas rata-rata telah terapresiasi 10 persen per tahun sejak jatuhnya sistem moneter Bretton Woods (yang menghubungkan mata uang utama ke logam mulia) pada 1970-an, kata WGC, sementara volatilitasnya juga telah berkurang selama empat dekade terakhir.

Sementara di sisi lain harga bitcoin sangat fluktuatif, bisa sekitar 10 kali lipat dari dolar dibandingkan dengan harga emas, dan dikatakan tidak disamakan dengan nilai emas.

On 10/17/2019 at 3:24 PM, hexwin said:

Chart of the Day: Bitcoin vs. Gold vs. US Dollar ...

I would again ask people to stay on topic and talk only about GOLD vs CRYPTO topic.
Everyone not doing this will be reported to moderators.

This is most of the tokens/coins backed by gold. Some of them are interesting, others risky:
https://www.goldscape.net/gold-blog/gold-backed-cryptocurrency/

Oh man, you are the boss. You have solved all the problem in one picture. Bitcoin and crypto actually have every thing high which means its only need now to soveregion as well. This table has nothing low or moderate for btc and crypto. That's why govt afraid that how we control public so thats why they did not publish a new in some countries as well lol. This is our responsibility to spread words about crypto and participate in its promotions etc. If we not spread awareness then how people will get it.

Utopia Ecosystem Technology Starts Here 😄

On 10/16/2019 at 6:03 PM, bitnoval said:

Crypto currency will win the battle, gold is great but crypto currency is the future and bitcoin will be worth more than gold  in the near future, many people are leaving gold and others value tokens to get into bitcons.

lets hope you dont change your mind in 2020 after the halving when crypto find itself going up and miners paid in half but there isnt much liquidity to back it up.

1 hour ago, aguasuja said:

Not very long term but it is stable for now.

That's why because of stable, it's good for a long term investment or holder. Meanwhile, crypto is not good for a long term stable and holder because the price of crypto is always go down and go up, not stable.

3 minutes ago, Dhillon Stephen said:

I am not saying investing in gold is bad though. As long as you do not have fiat in the bank which will eventually lose the value overtime, you are fine.

As long as you dont have the FIAT on your bank its all good and i believe on that as our money will depreciate due to inflation all over the world.

1 hour ago, Devid said:

There is no doubt the bitcoin will replace gold in the future. Bitcoin already replaced gold in the mind of Millenials - the youth and entrepreneurs. Bitcoin is beating gold with a very high margin in terms of profits for the long-term investment.

Bitcoin will never replace gold! you can't have your jewelry with bitcoin.

Let GOLD be gold for the people and Bitcoin as a currency on our future.

They can be good in different field so let it be!

4 hours ago, Devh said:

Oh man, you are the boss. You have solved all the problem in one picture. Bitcoin and crypto actually have every thing high which means its only need now to soveregion as well. This table has nothing low or moderate for btc and crypto. That's why govt afraid that how we control public so thats why they did not publish a new in some countries as well lol. This is our responsibility to spread words about crypto and participate in its promotions etc. If we not spread awareness then how people will get it.

Exactly, it is you job to promote and spread word about Bitcoin and crypto to all people.
We are Bitcoins promotion team 😉

1 hour ago, cryptokram said:

Bitcoin will never replace gold! you can't have your jewelry with bitcoin.

Let GOLD be gold for the people and Bitcoin as a currency on our future.

They can be good in different field so let it be!

True, bitcoin will never replace gold, I agree, but I know people who have jewelry made of physical bitcoins with engraved keys on them.

5 minutes ago, hexwin said:

True, bitcoin will never replace gold, I agree, but I know people who have jewelry made of physical bitcoins with engraved keys on them.

That will happen, many will have that for themselves, But to make that jewelry i think they will use gold or choose to use gold. I am starting to collect physical coins now! But can't afford them if they are made of gold.