Gold & Crypto - Page 4 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Gold & Crypto

9 hours ago, Kingcolex said:

Gold doesn't work as a payment and it's a huge pain in the ass and isn't divisible.

Long ago, there were gold coins, or coins containing some quantity of gold

not long ago FIAT currencies were backed by gold... all this makes it divisible and works as a payment...

When inflation started and money started to be printed without limit, that's when the system adapted ...

crypto and gold work great together, they are completely different, but both remain as store of value

On 10/2/2019 at 12:28 AM, hexwin said:

Gold vs crypto: a false dichotomy of epic proportions

What do you think should crypto be against gold or maybe gold and crypto work great together?

I don't see anything wrong in using both of them as Store of Value and as payment option.

There is also several tokens backed by real gold, and this proves that it can work in real life.

Gold is an opportunity and increase the vaalue of proof of payment for a person. Like if i had 100000$ then it will not much value able. But if i have Gold that i bought in old times and now it will definitely valueable. Suppose  if i have 1M dollar and suddenly my local curreny note design changes then i will get high tax rates and problem to getting change to new notes. But when i have Gold it will have value. Where the talk is crypto its the more upper thing that Gold and all time best investment.

Utopia Ecosystem Technology Starts Here 😄

Its a case of old money vs new money, for me i would say they are both good store of value but i will go with crypto , it has more to offer and its where the future of money is.

On 10/1/2019 at 10:28 PM, hexwin said:

Gold vs crypto: a false dichotomy of epic proportions

What do you think should crypto be against gold or maybe gold and crypto work great together?

I don't see anything wrong in using both of them as Store of Value and as payment option.

There is also several tokens backed by real gold, and this proves that it can work in real life.

• i   think they are diffrent , for store of value like exemple i think gold is better ,  if people feal risky about somthing special they will buy gold not bitcoin , gold is stable but bitcoin can dump harder in moments

crypto and gold has different uses..for gold you mine in actual to have a gold and also for crypto also you mine but using an electricty so they are different and crypto is digital you cannot hold

Gold has been used since ancient times, and it swill still be used today and in future.
Every country is growing is gold reserves and that is telling us something.
They all know fiat system is at the end stages.
Let's used both Gold and Crypto to overcome this transition

6 hours ago, dentolas said:

Long ago, there were gold coins, or coins containing some quantity of gold

not long ago FIAT currencies were backed by gold... all this makes it divisible and works as a payment...

When inflation started and money started to be printed without limit, that's when the system adapted ...

crypto and gold work great together, they are completely different, but both remain as store of value

Backing of something doesn't mean it's infinitely divisible it just means it's value is based upon the gold within the vaults. It wasn't like the silver notes where you could redeem the note for the physical silver at a bank.

In my opinion gold and crypto are something different. In terms of being profitable they are both mutually beneficial and an equally profitable investment for the future.

4 hours ago, Kingcolex said:

Backing of something doesn't mean it's infinitely divisible it just means it's value is based upon the gold within the vaults. It wasn't like the silver notes where you could redeem the note for the physical silver at a bank.

yes, but it is the same as saying something is equivalent to x ounces of gold, so if that something is divisible... in practice, gold will also be divisible...

anyway, gold is meant as a great store of value, something that you are relatively sure that will hold it's value... when world currencies got fully virtual, they became a piece of paper that only hold value because governments say so and people still believe in it

4 minutes ago, dentolas said:

anyway, gold is meant as a great store of value, something that you are relatively sure that will hold it's value... when world currencies got fully virtual, they became a piece of paper that only hold value because governments say so and people still believe in it

Exactly, and that is the main reason this whole system will fall sooner or later,
and all this paper money will be on streets worth nothing... 
Gold will always have value.
Let's make cpypto the same

Edited by hexwin

10 hours ago, hexwin said:

Exactly, and that is the main reason this whole system will fall sooner or later,
and all this paper money will be on streets worth nothing... 
Gold will always have value.
Let's make cpypto the same

that's the whole point... in the end we are only changing fake paper money for crypto, that has intrinsic value (decentralization, transparency, immutability, limited supply, etc)...

people still can't face the fact that bills are really made of paper and imagination... almost like kids playing monopoly on a large scale... and on monopoly you can't print more bills 😂

it will not be an easy road, but we'll get there

2 hours ago, dentolas said:

that's the whole point... in the end we are only changing fake paper money for crypto, that has intrinsic value (decentralization, transparency, immutability, limited supply, etc)...

people still can't face the fact that bills are really made of paper and imagination... almost like kids playing monopoly on a large scale... and on monopoly you can't print more bills 😂

it will not be an easy road, but we'll get there

It will not be easy for sure, but they will be forced to learn crypto to survive,

I saw so many seniors who learned to use smartphones...next they will learn is crypto and Bitcoin 

Just now, hexwin said:

It will not be easy for sure, but they will be forced to learn crypto to survive,

I saw so many seniors who learned to use smartphones...next they will learn is crypto and Bitcoin 

this is a very interesting subject because seniors managed to deal with smartphones better than with computers, I think...

crypto and bitcoin will be easy for them once it's use get's global, it will just be another function of their phone... but nevertheless we are talking about money, the most believed "god"... and this will make things harder

Gold and BTC can never become one as per from my knowledge. Each has it's own unique value.Gold comes into existence of knowledge even in illiterates,but on consideration of BTC  there must be some basic idea should exist only then its unique features can be utilized by people. Gold value in market has only minimal increase comparing to BTCs marked increase or decrease.

14 hours ago, Mananabasvalin said:

If I would be given a chance to choose between crypto and gold I will choose crypto because in crypto there is possibility to increase so many times and there is also a chance to pump it beyond our limits so I must prefer to invest in crypto.

I don't think it is not needed to choose between gold and bitcoin.
Where bitcoin works gold can not, and same can be said for opposite. I can wear my gold ring.

If You dont want to earn some money then choose Gold 🙂 Of course crypto! Can You send me 0.1 kg of Gold from overseas ? Nope.

crypto vs gold? of course this is the same, the price of gold has increased over the same year as bitcoin, but we have to distinguish between crypto "bitcoin" or crypto "altcoin", because prices are not always good like gold

On 10/3/2019 at 12:23 AM, robelneo said:

I'll go for both and there's no harm for going on both, both are store of value and we all know we should not put all our eggs in one basket, it's important that you also diversify, both value goes up and down.

I agree with you and increasing something new creates new challenges for the competitor to value and provide other services

THINK POSITIVE

I do not think it's possible. If this were done, Bitcoin would become a much more stable currency, as gold fluctuates very little. On the other hand, gold has an intrinsic value while Bitcoin does not.

1 minute ago, bestprofi said:

I do not think it's possible. If this were done, Bitcoin would become a much more stable currency, as gold fluctuates very little. On the other hand, gold has an intrinsic value while Bitcoin does not.

Some people may argue with you about gold intrinsic value, but not me 😉
It has been here since ancient times as store  of value and payment, and nothing will change there.
What will change is that Bitcoin will take part of Gold market for sure.

9 hours ago, buttercup said:

Nice answer man, this gives me knowledge and new learning what's the difference of cryptocurrency and gold. 

And you're right gold is tangible while cryptocurrency like you said is a currency which is the opposite of gold.

I am so happy, that my statement gave you an additional knowledge, this is what forum is all about were to give help to anyone here to feed idea for the member like you, good day. 

On 10/10/2019 at 12:34 AM, hexwin said:

Everyone have some gold at home, every country, even poor people have jewelry and rings.

There are a lot of studies in Europe and US and when people and kids where asked nobody knew what it is.

They even asked people to give them some free BTC and nobody wanted it

thats because the people dont study bitcoin in school, or moms buy it and wear it for events, even those who listen to the news hear only the bad things about bitcoin usage in deep web or trafficking. if people were properly introduced to it they will indeed find btc interesting.