What to do if a coin accidentally reaches your wallet? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

What to do if a coin accidentally reaches your wallet?

Did it happen to you before a deposit arrived in your wallet by chance and did not know who sent this coin?
Sometimes it happens that people put a wrong address and do not pay attention to it, then discover their mistake too late.
What if someone accidentally deposited a coin on your wallet? Would you be happy and ignore it as if nothing had happened?
Or will you return the coin to the address it came from?

From a legal point of view, you are not guilty and do not blame you, but let us discuss the matter from a technical and moral point of view.
First, technically, could such a mistake occur?

Second: From the moral point of view, what do you do in this case?
I want to know your opinions

If I receive coins accidentally, I will check the sender wallet because it normally appears in the transaction, I will divide the money in three places then return it for him and hold one. 

If a coin goes into my wallet by mistake, I will try to return it and if I try to return it, if it fails then I will try to pass it on to the poor.

If someone deposited accidentally a coin on my wallet . I will try return the coin to the address it came from. But ,if i go bust to return this coin , I will give it to the poor.

I dont know why you are interested  in thia topic As a humanity I would like to send it back to whoever it is. If this is the case with us, we too would like someone to come back to us. If you do good then only you will be good

In the life i cannot received any crypto amount with unknown person. It is very rare chance that any one received crypto coins from unknown person. Here i have question how i found which personn or address who' s send coins if we received.

If the coin is accidentally reach in wallet. I store them and wait for their rate high. When the rate of coin is going up then I can invest and get profit this is my opinion.

if ever im received a accidentally coin in my wallet it will be a first step to get it and check the sender details and saying thanks to him /her..and i will collect it to store in mu wallet and i use it in future..but always check whether it's legit or not.

If a coin gets to my wallet by mistake, I will return it to the sender and wait for him to reward me for returning it, because I put myself in the same situation. That would be very sad.

I do not think that this possible. Why i wil get coin from a unknown person?  Bedsides i do not know much about this topic  

Series of letter and number is hard to have a even one wrong letter only so the blockchain payment processors will ignored this only.  So i don't think that any people get wrong in sending coins to other bitcoin address. 

I experienced that exactly 3 years ago. I thought that was a bonus that I got from the bounty I completed, but it turned out that the contract address and the name of the token were different. so I think it's a giveaway done by a team. then without thinking, I sold it and it was valued at $ 200.

If a coin accidentally got into my wallet, then this is a gift! I'll be very happy. But if the amount is very large, then I will return part of it, leaving myself a reward for honesty.

Technically, there is nothing we can do about it because cryptocurrency is the world of anonymity and even public blockchains only let you see wallet balances and transactions. You can't even see exactly which address sent you the money. There is no way you can find the personal information (such as name or address) of the one who sent crypto accidentally to your wallet. If it was a fiat account, you could trace it and find the sender but as far as I know, this thing is impossible with crypto wallets.

2 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

Did it happen to you before a deposit arrived in your wallet by chance and did not know who sent this coin?
Sometimes it happens that people put a wrong address and do not pay attention to it, then discover their mistake too late.
What if someone accidentally deposited a coin on your wallet? Would you be happy and ignore it as if nothing had happened?

From a legal point of view, you are not guilty and do not blame you, but let us discuss the matter from a technical and moral point of view.

Then your lucky if that happen but there is a very low chance that happened because before sending crypto some website or platform made a confirmation email which the address can be check before sending.

Get 10% Kickback on your Trading fees using this Link : https://www.binance.com  

If you buy or sell $100 or more of crypto, you'll receive

$10 worth of free Bitcoin! Link : Coinbase

publishOX.gif.48cd9f50f6786cac26a168b63e1b61ba.gif

I am that kind of person I do not eat without working. If someone mistakenly send the amount to my address, I carefully check sender's email and revert back the amount that they have sent to my wallet. They may have sacrificed to earn that amount, how can I enjoy by using that?

1 hour ago, Anthor95 said:

If a coin accidentally reaches my wallet, I will take all of those coins in my wallet and keep them in stock, and when the market price of these coins increases, I can earn money by trading them, and you have to have patience for that,  If you do not have the patience you will waste these coins.

Yeah such mistake has happened many times were people send huge amount of coin to the wrong address because they could not really calm down and see the wallet address they are sending it to. So think it's not the faults to take such coin or you can still be generous by sending the coin back to the wallet address it came from.

3 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

It is better to find the person whom have send by accident the amount in our wallet. Morally it should be done but technically it is very difficult to find the person. So our religion ordered us to return back the amount to person whom have lost, if you cant find that person than charity it and if you deserve and needy you can use it.  

Thanks for bringing this question in because I almost wanted to post it and in my opinion if I receive coins to my wallet by mistake I will first thank God for that because it might be a way to repay me for the losses I had to go through scamers and I was going to transfer it to another wallet and spend it from there but chances of having this situation are very thin I think.

I don't think its happen in real life because when some one  put their wallet address in any transaction, he checks 2 are 3 time like I'm doing because every one knowns when this happens no one return this funds, but unfortunately its happens then try return this funds, because our humanity not dead, and we can't know how the sender in problem so return this funds is good.

If it is possible that one may accidentally reaches my wallet then I will have this opportunity and take it as mine and invest for future but if the person who sends it accidentally may reach me then I'll give it back.

If a coin reaches to our wallet accidentally, its our first duty to return it to the original owner or sender.  If you're not able to find the right sender then you can inform it to cryptotalk and they will do the requisite. We should not keep any one's money.

it's between weakness and strength in crypto.
You must be careful before sending the crypto balance.
because transactions that occur and have been confirmed the block cannot be canceled.

The thing to do is of course returning the coin. Because it is not our right when viewed in moral terms. Hopefully I am not tempted by these coins hehe

YOUengine-cryptotalk.png.2ca158a48ed925f2af8f14fc1863c423.png

I will try to resend them but if I was really in a bad situation I will use them and send other to the address in another time...