What to do if a coin accidentally reaches your wallet? - Page 13 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

What to do if a coin accidentally reaches your wallet?

Then morally and ethically I should back those coins to real owner. Since it's not easy to know whom send you coins so if I weren't able to find the owner then I will enjoy those coins.

If I get some money in a wallet by mistake, I will take the transfer fee from it and send it in full to the address that came from the transfer. This is what I will do, but I have not received some money by mistake.

1 hour ago, Masum10 said:

The sender's address will be visible in the Explorer block and I will probably get the currency back if I receive money on the platform or portfolio randomly, I will then decide it didn't happen to me because I needed moneyI was going to hold people's money in my money, platform or portfolio randomly. Or maybe I don't think about it significantly by sending money to people I buy. Yet that's what I'm really going to do...

Well you do the return of the currency to the owners, yes, the address of the sender is in the explorer for the currency and therefore you can know the address and return the currency to the owner easily. You can keep a portion of it as a reward if you like.

14 hours ago, Shakib65 said:

Sometimes it happens that people put a wrong address and do not pay attention to it, then discover their mistake too late. I thought that was a bonus that I got from the bounty I completed, but it turned out that the contract address and the name of the token were different. so I think it's a giveaway done by a team. then without thinking, I sold it and it was valued at $ 200.

$ 200, you lucky man, but you did not consider returning the coin to its owner, you can find out the address from which it was sent and returned, you could take a small gift for yourself and return the rest. The better.

I won't return the coin to the address, but if the coin is a huge amount of money, then I will share is 50/50, and send it back to the sender and if it is not that huge amount, I will hold it

I think there is too much low percentage of people who will give it back. Everyone will take it and will utilize it. Even i will also do that. 

I am looking for the wallet address from which I received the cryptocurrency (perhaps someone mentioned it in social networks), if I do not find it, I will just send the cryptocurrency back.

On 2/12/2020 at 7:32 AM, Crypto123 said:

Did it happen to you before a deposit arrived in your wallet by chance and did not know who sent this coin?
Sometimes it happens that people put a wrong address and do not pay attention to it, then discover their mistake too late.
What if someone accidentally deposited a coin on your wallet? Would you be happy and ignore it as if nothing had happened?
Or will you return the coin to the address it came from?

From a legal point of view, you are not guilty and do not blame you, but let us discuss the matter from a technical and moral point of view.
First, technically, could such a mistake occur?

Second: From the moral point of view, what do you do in this case?
I want to know your opinions

This is very hard for someone to send the coins to wrong address and the coins to go to anyone wallet, because the wallets addresses are very randomly and they never look the same at least, and all people who sending coins to wrong address it always sending those coins on air.

4 hours ago, MaksS said:

Sometimes it happens that people enter the wrong address and do not pay attention to it, and then find their mistake too late. If it concerns us, we would also like for someone to return to us. I save the money earned by trading them and you intend to have patience for this.

Yes, this error can happen. To me, I think that the good behavior in such situations is to return the money to its owner with withholding fees and waiting for a reward from it, or you can take a small amount on your safety in advance and he will certainly not resent you.

I received a cryptocurrency in the amount of 50 dollars, I returned it to the same wallet from which it came to me, and I advise everyone to do the same, and suddenly a person has the last money on which he can survive.

Nice question as we can see what will others do if this happen. Anyways,in reality,when we received accidentally a crypto in our wallet,most of us,gets happy and claimed it as our own. Without getting interest on giving it back.

14 hours ago, kuscoi11 said:

I would definitely be worried when a coin accidentally falls into my wallet. I have no interest in coins other than mine. I will not feel secure and happy because it is not inherently mine. If I could find a way to return it, I wouldn't leave it with my coins

This is a good feeling from you, it will certainly be good to return this coin to its owner, and you can do so by returning it to the same address from which it came from. The address will be clear in the transaction TX.

17 hours ago, Faisialseeri said:

On the off chance that I get coin inadvertently in my wallet than I will attempt my best to restore that coin to the sender. In the event that it will no be conceivable than I will contribute that coin and win benefit.

Thank you for this kind attitude, yes it would be very good to return this process to its owners and perhaps they will give you a good reward for your safety and this is much better if you keep it as if you know nothing about it.

3 hours ago, Iamelneeno said:

If a coin should mistakenly inter my wallet I think I will divide it into two. One part will go to charity while the other one will be for my own personal use.

I don't think that the idea of spending it in charity works is good here in such a case, if you say that you will return half of it to its owner and keep the other half for yourself then this will be a better idea. Do you agree with me, my friend?

I would just send this coin back to the address from which it came to me, I don't see any other way out, but what if the person speaks a different language and even if I find him, I can't talk to him.

On 4/8/2020 at 9:09 PM, Qpella said:

Well, technically such mistake could occur.you could accidentally send to a wrong wallet if you imput a wrong adress.morally it would be very difficult for me to return such money buy I would try my best.

it depends on the policies of the coin exchange platforms, but most of them don't care and it's our fault. then just be careful and learn from previous mistakes. I experienced it quite once.

On 4/8/2020 at 5:20 PM, Francojon said:

If a coin gets to my wallet by slip-up I will restore it to the sender and linger for him to reward me for inveterate it as I put for myself in the invariable position that would be actual sad.

Thank you for this good position from you, yes this is the right position to return the currency to its owner and wait for it to reward you and this will be better for you and him and it will certainly be based on your reward for your trust.

It is very possible that funds will be sent to our wallet by mistake. If this happens, I contract that I will send half of the amount to the person I want to send and I will keep the other half in my personal account and store it or work with it.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 4/11/2020 at 4:43 PM, Nezar said:

It is very possible that funds will be sent to our wallet by mistake. If this happens, I contract that I will send half of the amount to the person I want to send and I will keep the other half in my personal account and store it or work with it.

There is nothing wrong with this solution either. Some people chose to hold the coin and not return it to its owner, and this is a wrong behavior. It is better to return it, but also if you repeat the half and keep the half, then this is acceptable.

If you can discover from which address (or addresses) you have received the fund, maybe you can write those addresses down and announce them on social media or other online websites with high number of visitors. If the owner of the public wallet address sees your message on media platforms, he can find you to give his coins back. You need to know the block in which the transaction has been recorded. I'm not sure if this method works or not but it is better than spending the coins that don't belong to us.

I think there is not other option than to keep them, because is possible his proprietor send it from a such website exchange wallet, so if you resend it will not return to his own wallet will enter in the website exchange wallet, so I prefer hold them!

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

Just keep it as a gift. If you get an unknown deposit in your account then either someone has mistakenly sent you some or the coin has forked into two so you get two coins in your account. Either way just keep it as you dont get such gifts daily.

468x60-3.png

If a coin had to accidentally come into my wallet, and it was not an amount that i withdrew to the wallet or that i had earned, to be honest i would jsut be very thankful for that amount that was deposited into my account. This is very rare, and it has never happened to me, as people are very careful when they input the address, but if such a case had to occur there is no way to even contact the person who made the error or reverse the transaction and therefore i would be happy with it.

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

I will not be a hypocrite for this topic, such things happen mostly, you send a message to the correct portfolio, it is possible that you will get with you and by chance you get a value sent by an unknown party. If I limit myself with this matter and I need it I will not return it and
But I will feel a little bit guilt

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile:

I mean would this be possibly rare to happen? If you say a person accidentally changed one of the letters in an address and keyed in the wrong one, that address is most likely not even used once before. But then again if this really happens, of course the first thing is to wait or try to contact the person who sent it. And also check if it was actually another transaction from something you know.