What to do if a coin accidentally reaches your wallet? - Page 5 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

What to do if a coin accidentally reaches your wallet?

On 2/12/2020 at 6:33 AM, Anthor95 said:

If a coin accidentally reaches my wallet, I will take all of those coins in my wallet and keep them in stock, and when the market price of these coins increases, I can earn money by trading them, and you have to have patience for that,  If you do not have the patience you will waste these coins.

What if the transfer had come from the proceed of a crime and the police are following it up? If you have ever done KYC on that address or address linked to that, you might hear a knock one day only to discover the police are at your door.  Being contented in life, is how to live the happiest!

On 2/12/2020 at 5:32 AM, Crypto123 said:

From a legal point of view, you are not guilty and do not blame you, but let us discuss the matter from a technical and moral point of view.

From a legal point of view, keeping what isn't your - that accidentally got into hands, but with possibility for returning it to sender or the police is stealing.

If a coin by coincidence reaches my wallet, I will assume every single one of individuals coins in my wallet and deposit them in stock, and what time the bazaar charge of these coins increases, I know how to earn riches by trading them, andyou control to be inflicted with patience for that,  If you resolve not come up with the patience you will garbage these coins.

4 hours ago, Thiago06 said:

If you do not have the patience you will waste these coins.I will return it to the sender and wait for him to reward me for returning it, because I put myself in the same situation. That would be very sad. If you do not have the patience you will waste these coins.

This is a very lame situation from you, returning the currencies to their owner and waiting for this to reward you This is better than taking them and making yourself as if you did not know anything about the topic, imagine yourself in the same situation how sad you will be.

If a coin accidentally reach to your wallet then you can take it and keep it until the concern person can not contact you, if he contact you and ask for coin then surely you give to him, otherwise its all yours.

If a coin accidentally gets into my wallet then I'll find a way out of it. For example, you can hold a coin until its price increases. When the price of the coin is high then it can be sold for big money.

7 hours ago, loina13 said:

According to me, there is only less chance to get coin accidentally. Because in this platform all are caring themselves while doing transaction.And if i get coin accidentally i will try to return it , if it get failed i will keep it with me.

Yes, indeed, the chance of error in such matters is weak and very little, because as you say everybody pay attention to addresses well when sending their transactions, but it can happen anyway. And it is good for you that you will return the money to its owner. This is good and wonderful from you.

Well its a simple answer, if you are good, you can return it to the sender's wallet, and if you are not so good, then you can keep it. No one can say anything because bitcoin transactions are irreversible and there is nothing much the sender can do about it, if it goes to the wrong address. 

On 2/12/2020 at 8:32 AM, Mazen1996 said:

Hello my friend Really important topic, I sent the wrong address $ 33 and unfortunately I didn't realize it until it was too late, Of course, if you encounter such a situation, I will return it to the sender's address because mistakes are inevitable and God will reward me for that.

You are really a good persons for doing that and do you know people still make that same mistake up till now because many people are still new to the Crypto markets .

For me I think that this will make me happy of course and I do not know if its easy to return because I can't see the wallet of the exact person that send me and even though I wanted to returned still not possible.

5$ E-book That Will help or change you to be a Successful! 

https://gum.co/MIfTd

Well this happens only when the wallet ID's are similar, but my suggestion is to handover the coins or money that belongs to the investor. How do you feel if you are the same person who tried to buy those coins?

If you don't know the buyer, then keep that coins with you and sell them when the price comes.

20 hours ago, CryptoBitCrypto said:

What will I do. Nothing. I will wait and if nobody contact me for tracing my wallet then I will spend it. To trace someone is very difficult and almost impossible. 

My friend, is this hair or what? Thank you for your participation and providing information. My friend, and I did nothing

If some coin accidently come into the wallets then first i will see what coins it is ,how much price it has in the market and will wait for some times to see if the original owner of the coins is contacting or not, if there is no trying to contact then will sell the coins .

1 hour ago, salamono said:

Technically, there is nothing we can do about it because cryptocurrency is the world of anonymity and even public blockchains only let you see wallet balances and transactions. You can't even see exactly which address sent you the money. There is no way you can find the personal information (such as name or address) of the one who sent crypto accidentally to your wallet. If it was a fiat account, you could trace it and find the sender but as far as I know, this thing is impo.

On the correct side, it is not possible to know the sender’s name, but you can know the address from which you received the deposit, in which case you can resend the amount to the same address without knowing the sender’s name.

From a scientific point of view, unfortunately, I have little experience. As for morally, I will certainly return that coins to its owner. This example has happened with us in practical life by mistakenly transferring money by phone to another person and the money was returned. This was called trust !!!

On 2/12/2020 at 9:32 AM, Crypto123 said:

Did it happen to you before a deposit arrived in your wallet by chance and did not know who sent this coin?
Sometimes it happens that people put a wrong address and do not pay attention to it, then discover their mistake too late.
What if someone accidentally deposited a coin on your wallet? Would you be happy and ignore it as if nothing had happened?
Or will you return the coin to the address it came from?

From a legal point of view, you are not guilty and do not blame you, but let us discuss the matter from a technical and moral point of view.
First, technically, could such a mistake occur?

Second: From the moral point of view, what do you do in this case?
I want to know your opinions

Very interestng. The moral value asks us to return back the amount to its original owner, besides the moral values people have not the courage to return back after having such case. It is not difficult to find the owner because we have the sender address in this case and we can return back to him. 

If it's a large amount I will return it to the owner. maybe you will get a reward from the owner. So good thoughts will produce good profits. So crypto trading is about how our psychology stays healthy to be able to trade healthy and profitable.

7 hours ago, larica said:

Or will you return the coin to the address it came from?I will make money through buying and selling all of them, as well as you need persistence for your, If you don't possess the persistence you'll waste materials these types of cash.

Well my dear this is your opinion and you are free but what if the opposite happened? I mean, what if you sent the money to one of them and did not accept to return it to you? How would you feel? Will you be happy then?

The coin that got into my cryptocurrency wallet, no, it wasn’t. The coin never got into my cryptocurrency wallet. 

There is something that is called "dust attack" were small amounts of satoshi/eth or other crypto are sent to an address, marking it this way for observation reasons. I would actually worry if someone sents me coins that I hadn't asked for and it is highly unlikely, close to impossible, that someone accidentally sent it.

Well, I can't do anything, since it is a currency that if they make a mistake in the codes I can drop, and I would just leave it there, I would see what to do with it, it is not the same as to your bank send an amount of money that will soon be It will be debited to you.

3 hours ago, Last chance said:

If a coin goes into my wallet by mistake, I will try to return it and if I try to return it, if it fails then I will try to pass it on to the poor.

It is also very good idea to distribute that coins to the poor people because sometime  it is impossible to return that coins to their users to it a very good idea .

The humanitarian that I don't gobble up on without anyone working.  If a celebrity accidentally runs this digit in my address, I confirm the sender's email is fine and then return the amount sent to my wallet.

If somebody send to me btc wrongly then if he contacted with me then I will return their btc if he not contact to me then I will spend it like it is my own funds because owners cannot contact to me.