Coinmarketcap historical chart - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Popedee

Coinmarketcap historical chart

I was checking prices of crypto today to see top gainers and losers on coinmarketcap. Then I decided to check historical chart of market five years ago.

1. I noticed the CMC on Feb 7, 2015 was $3,823,330,040

2. Of 513 listed coins, Bitcoin dominance was over 65%.

3. Over 300 of the listed coins on this date are dead coins today.

The question then is, how many of the alt coins tradeable today will last the next 5 years? 

We need to be more cautious while trading alt coins

• Useful or interesting 5
  • +1 3
  • +2 6
  • +3 9
  • +4 2

Many of those coins will be dead in the future, because of their projects, they have weak projects, this is why we don't see them with high prices, I think after years from now, the market will contain only the expensive coins with powerful projects like bitcoin, etherium.. Etc 

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 2
  • +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

Coinmarketcap has been around for a long time, it has been providing an amazing service to the crypto world, you can use coinmarketcap to see the price history charts of many top cryptocurrency and learn a lot from it.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

9 minutes ago, Migo said:

Many of those coins will be dead in the future, because of their projects, they have weak projects, this is why we don't see them with high prices, I think after years from now, the market will contain only the expensive coins with powerful projects like bitcoin, etherium.. Etc 

Was amazed to see alt coins posting good trade results all dead now. Guess the developers abandoned the projects.

3 minutes ago, phpMailz said:

Coinmarketcap has been around for a long time, it has been providing an amazing service to the crypto world, you can use coinmarketcap to see the price history charts of many top cryptocurrency and learn a lot from it.

So amazed as a newbie to see that I can go as far back as 2013 on CMC to check marketcap as at then

6 minutes ago, Sakhid said:

From the beginning until now bitcoim has dominated the circulation of crypto coins, this is evident from the graph you informed us. For the next 1 to 5 years, there will definitely be new coins popping up, but I'm still sure bitcoin will still dominate.

Reason I believe McAfee was just blabbing when he said Bitcoin is shit and dead

There are many of the coin in the crypto talk which is a very good earning money website and now a days they will be dead soon enough who are at the bottom. 

Maximum altcoins is dead right now which was starting 5 year's ago. Coinmarketcap showing every coin price charts and we found many altcoins price down or dead. Just top coins are performing very well.

• +1 1

they were probably the scams who got enough of it and closed the projects or the project was too weak enough to penetrated by miners , creating altcoin is not big deal but protecting it is also a thing 

• +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Coinmarketcap is very helpful in trading there are many crypto currencie is the listed but many of the shitcoin will be closed in future always try to do a trading in  stable coins like Bitcoin ethereum litecoin tron coin etc trading volume is always good in stablecoins there is a less chance of loss as compared to the new cryptocurrencies we can  read the market conditions and charts in coinmarketcap and tradingview website and earn good profit in trading

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +5 1

Until now the bitcoin is dominating all the currency in the market, but still i think in the future bitcoin will be replaced by another currency, but when that happen bitcoin is already a legacy.

• +1 1

14 hours ago, Popedee said:

I was checking prices of crypto today to see top gainers and losers on coinmarketcap. Then I decided to check historical chart of market five years ago.

The question then is, how many of the alt coins tradeable today will last the next 5 years? 

Yes i agree with you. In market we see many dead coins in future those coins may be they remove from markets because of dead position.

On 2/8/2020 at 12:40 AM, Popedee said:

I think every coin list on the coinmarketcap after listing on exchangers. And the history of the coinmarketcap show after it's listing. We cann't watch when it list on which exchanger.

BetFury                                                    

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day[/url]                                                   

16 hours ago, Princeazam said:

Yes you saw the right thing. Five years ago there are many coins but now they are all dead. Because their projects was not so good. It will same in the next future.        

I do not expect the death of large and important digital currencies within the market, digital currencies. Thank you

• -2 1

You cant say about the future, but seeing the crypto market every coin is going up in few years, long ago in 2009 bitcoin market value is a few dollars but now it's going up and up. it's unpredictable but not fully unpredictable. I think maybe altcoin too grow up in 5 years. We need to study the market to learn more and predict the future of this coin.

On 2/7/2020 at 8:40 PM, Popedee said:

I think that you already know the answer. Five years ago it was all full of random alts with the word coin in the end. Nothing was usuful and today it is exactly the same. Besides Bitcoin, Ethereum and Monero the rest will disappear once their devs won't be able to scam more people out of their money. They think they've created a fountain that will eternally bring them money on the expense of foolish investors. 

more than 50% of the daily volume in coin market cap is fake 
every exchange trade has bots to trade automatically to raise the volume and make trader think this coin is tradble very well so he puts his money but sooner he will find no one to buy from him 
so use this site but use your mind before 

On 2/10/2020 at 2:01 PM, BTC Future said:

I think that you already know the answer. Five years ago it was all full of random alts with the word coin in the end. Nothing was usuful and today it is exactly the same. Besides Bitcoin, Ethereum and Monero the rest will disappear once their devs won't be able to scam more people out of their money. They think they've created a fountain that will eternally bring them money on the expense of foolish investors. 

From the chart I shared, you will notice ethereum is relatively new and not even among the top traded. Bitcoin, Ripple, Litecoin and even digibyte are coins standing longer as alt coins beside bitcoin and are still here even when we don't have ethereum

• +3 1

It's very important. I'm always looking at the old time and seeing the chart about a month ago.And that's in case I want to trade on a daily basis.And you can see it for years to trade monthly.

Well, we can't expect and predict in which altcoins will be still tradable and available in the market for the next 5 years because many things could happen and changes are fast as the time goes by.

On 2/8/2020 at 3:21 AM, Migo said:

You have done good effort for learning. If we want to hold any coin I suggest you top 5 because those are less dangerous and less risky than other coins . but only if you have the fear of that your coin become dead... In short terms of holding you can do buying and selling frequently you will not fear of having huge loss in my opinion.

26 minutes ago, Crypto Bull said:

This is very informative .All alt coins does not become popular many of coins are dead .This figure shows how much people have suffered but the news about this does not comes to surface .Always invest after investigation so the coin you invest is the right one .

Reason I checked previous years coinmarketcap history is to see trends over the years and coins likely to survive into the future to guide me long term hold coin choice

With all you have said and the replies based on this topic and benefit allot from it. I know for sure to say not all coins are popular and well known in the market.

Hi, thank you very much for the information, I didn't know about coinmarket, I'm starting in this world of cryptocurrencies

Perreo hasta el suelo, Y el autoestima hasta el cielo!

Barack Obama 2010.

13 hours ago, Crypto Bull said:

Mostly the top coins have long life in market they are gonna become more big .They are many new promising coins which can become  future protegees  like TRX,EOS,charto Token,Energy coin.

I believe ten years from now, Tron will overtake ethereum with the rate the project developers are working. I'm sure Tron will be among the top three coins by market cap in five years from here

• +2 1

On 2/15/2020 at 7:35 PM, Crypto Bull said:

This is very informative .All alt coins does not become popular many of coins are dead .This figure shows how much people have suffered but the news about this does not comes to surface .Always invest after investigation so the coin you invest is the right one .

Recently, I found out Zcash was zero coin in the archive. Some other coins in this list have transitioned over the years but changing coin names due to new partnership entered between developers and investors

• +2 1

3 hours ago, Crypto Bull said:

This is new information i do not know about this .They changed the name of coin and have new partners.This change pump the coin in market .

What makes you believe it's too pump the coin? Did you know litecoin started as Bitcoinlite before the change of name? The change of name isn't necessarily a pump action but an attempt to reposition the coin development trajectory