Punishment OR Banning - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Fadimah

Punishment OR Banning

So I was replying a comment not long ago and saw an account with over 40+ reputation banned. And then I wondered if banning is the best thing in cryptotalk. Some people might not actually create a multiple account, maybe their device was connected to a public Wifi and cryptotalk will see that as multiple account which will make both accounts become banned. I then thought of why not give punishment for such kind of things. Maybe something like you have to make 30 posts for 3 days without getting paid or even a week and if that requirement is not satisfied after the period, the account should be banned. That's my thought. What do you think guys. I am just saying my opinion cryptotalk please don't punish me for this. 

Like this if you this this is a good idea.

Edited by Fadimah
  • Useful or interesting 3

19 minutes ago, Fadimah said:

So I was replying a comment not long ago and saw an account with over 40+ reputation banned. And then I wondered if banning is the best thing in cryptotalk. Some people might not actually create a multiple account, maybe their device was connected to a public Wifi and cryptotalk will see that as multiple account which will make both accounts become banned. I then thought of why not give punishment for such kind of things. Maybe something like you have to make 30 posts for 3 days without getting paid or even a week and if that requirement is not satisfied after the period, the account should be banned. That's my thought. What do you think guys. I am just saying my opinion cryptotalk please don't punish me for this. 

Its already consider cryptotalk member dont get banned so easily they give you warning then suspenstion then when you reach the third warning or you keep getting warning then you get banned by the moderators.

Get 10% Kickback on your Trading fees using this Link : https://www.binance.com  

If you buy or sell $100 or more of crypto, you'll receive

$10 worth of free Bitcoin! Link : Coinbase

publishOX.gif.48cd9f50f6786cac26a168b63e1b61ba.gif

Banning is the good option. Because punishment create spamming. So everyone need to follow rules and regulation in proper way. All discuss related to cryptotalk. 

I think  banning is not the permanent solution.Admins should develop some other tasks to react against the rules.

Banned for me is good in the other violations like multiple accounts in one device. But in the same IP address I guess they implement some lighter punishment because sometimes user used the device to connect in public WiFi but it doesn't mean that he have many accounts.

Well, it depends to the situation if we are putting some punishment or being banned here in this forum, if someone make an simple violations here in this forum, it can be just give an punishment but if someone make an violation like multi accounts, it should be banned here because that is a kind of abuse. Be fair to the members here guys.

I think punishment is good banned is not solution any problem if any one journey one place to another place and their is no data and only public WiFi when operate his account through WiFi  its not his mistake and moderators think he use multiple accounts and banned his account its correct decision no I don't think forum requires latest technology and banned really cheaters its good 

cryptotalk is very wise in blocking cryptotalk will only block the account when it sees that the account is actually cheating

• Useful or interesting 2

Welcome with me
Punishment or prohibition is for several reasons, the most important of them
Violation of the forum rules for posting, you receive a warning, and after receiving 5 warnings, you are subject to a 180-day ban.

• Useful or interesting 1

The term "Punishment" will end after getting a sentence, but a Banning or Banned account may no longer be a member of the forum, because banned only applies to multiple accounts.

2 hours ago, Fadimah said:

A friend complained of how he lost his account in this forum after getting aas much as over 3000 posts while trying to help out one of his colleague and referral by allowing him open his account on his phone. Said when he saw that he was banned, he claimed it was due to his rank till his colleague informed him his account was banned too. I believe such punishment is too harsh on the guy. I checked his profile and realised it's not closed yet but banned was placed on it

2 hours ago, Fadimah said:

It isn't just about multiple accounts, it's about bots or humans spamming plagiated text, and that's not done by mistake. Copypaste spammers are clearly knowing what they are doing and there shouldn't be a second change for them. There already is a strike system to minor mistakes.

Being a moderator is hard work and this kind of behavior is just adding to their work load so i totally understand all bans.

1 hour ago, Popedee said:

A friend complained of how he lost his account in this forum after getting aas much as over 3000 posts while trying to help out one of his colleague and referral by allowing him open his account on his phone. Said when he saw that he was banned, he claimed it was due to his rank till his colleague informed him his account was banned too. I believe such punishment is too harsh on the guy. I checked his profile and realised it's not closed yet but banned was placed on it

This is really bad. People with high reputation should be given a warning at least. They should atleast contact them and warn them or restrict them from certain options. I can't imagine him starting from scratch again.

• Useful or interesting 1

Well in my opinion I will suggest punishment cos there are some newbie who doesn't understand English well so they should be punish and later if they ask why they were punish then we will comment with language they understand

Just now, Snow001 said:

Punishment is a better option to banned but if a user is punish he/she should learn from the mistake to avoid future reoccurrence but if the user fail the admin can banned. The user because he refuse to utilize the chance he was given by the admin.

Yes that's just It they should be enlighten after the punishment they shouldn't be ban but in another look some are here to spam so the answer is somehow mix

I dont think they just decide to ban accounts, but the forum has its roles which has to be followed so that we can not be banned.. so we have to me more careful.

Time is the ultimate weapon!

Wow that punishment of 30 post for 3 days without payments as a punishment really has a shape of being the better idea. But the days too will be proportional of the severity of the crime done

No one is excluded from banning, and everyone is going to punished depending on his mistakes, I saw a member with more than 200 reputation points and he got banned, to be honest, sometimes I see some topics here, really their creators should be banned, because a word of useless is few on it, respecting the rules is what we want here 

6 hours ago, Fadimah said:

This is a good idea I'm agree with what you've said let them implement the punishment than banning

You should understand that if someone cheated his boss at his work and he was found out he would be fired the same day. There is no leniency concerning this matter. If cryptotalk decides to ban someone it means that they've considered everything and especially their reputation. I am certain that anyone that got banned deserved it a hundred percent. The excuses of public wi-fi do not matter as you are not supposed to share your IP for this campaign anyway. If someone uses public wi-fi then he knows that his account is in danger if another person participates in this campaign from the same IP.

8 minutes ago, BTC Future said:

You should understand that if someone cheated his boss at his work and he was found out he would be fired the same day. There is no leniency concerning this matter. If cryptotalk decides to ban someone it means that they've considered everything and especially their reputation. I am certain that anyone that got banned deserved it a hundred percent. The excuses of public wi-fi do not matter as you are not supposed to share your IP for this campaign anyway. If someone uses public wi-fi then he knows that his account is in danger if another person participates in this campaign from the same IP.

So what about people that uses mobile operators assigned IP to check this forum? What control do you have over that? I once tried to claim faucets on freebitco and I couldn't buy I got a message someone recently played from my IP address

If you have more than 1 accounts in this site in greed for more money,the site may ban for your spam account and both of your account can get banned.

Punishment is OK for newbie not knowing that what they were posting or commenting is not really something reasonable and useful

Im 50/50 agreed with this because we cant stay at the same ip address. We can connect from different networks so it is unfair to be banned because of that. If you are not actually make a multiple accounts. 

13 hours ago, Fadimah said:

Yell i totally agree with you because if someone uses cryptotalk on public wifi and someone else does it too then it is not his fault. But still we need to be very careful and try not to use public wifi for this platform and try to use ours.