What is the Profitable for CPU mining - Page 3 - Mining - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
alther

What is the Profitable for CPU mining

Wich coin you mine now  

18 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Monero

2. 2. CpuChain

3. 3. Koto

Monero made changes to their mining algorithm to make it ASIC resistant again - it's CryptoNight v7 afaik. So the decrease in hashrate everybody experienced is because of that, and I don't know if they are planning to tweak it to get more hashpower again.

You dumb ass. miners and investers win.Miners are not dumping this coin. Less than 10% of mined ROI coins are put on exchanges because the miners are holding them. You could not buy 500,000 roi today if you wanted to. Its one of the few CPU coins that you cant go and buy millions of.

I agree that coins with the mix of Proof of Work and Proof of Stake can only be profitable to mine if the block rewards are split in favor of PoW, like 80% for miners 20% for staking. Otherwise what is the incentive to waste the energy and resources if you just can keep coins in the wallet on some small pc?

Anyone tried to mine waltonchain with cpu? There is a cpu miner inside the wallet. I couldn't tried yet properly because after mobo bios upgrade everything turned out false with my small rig.

So what is the general consensus on the currently best CPU mineable coin? I know this is subject to change in the near future. Some are saying Monero. I'm still kicking myself for dumping close to 10k of them @ 50 cents each.

I've got some i5-4xxxM laying around (laptops) and I would love to put them so some use. However as most of them require disassembling and changing the drive, I would like to first see some hashrates. You know, before wasting my time Smiley I've searched the web but am not satisfied with the results. Do you have any reliable sources as for the i5 series hasrates?

Yeah, I also like to mine with XMR-Stak in the past. However, I don't see the future of privacy coins, to make me continue with CPU mining. Is there any bitcoin-like or non-anon coins that can be mined using XMR-Stak (CryptoNight)?

I like how its gpu resistance but I heard it is going to be gpu mineable soon?  I mean I am not against gpu at all, I have a decent rig, but to mine with cpu I just think we should pick a cpu only coin.  I tried mining with my own pc but that is slowing it too much I can't use it.  I am currently doing with vps /vm.   I am with nimbus pool

Those percentages looks very attractive but im quite hesitant to deal with it.Just to make sure that its worth it then better seek out deeper information. In regards with masternodes i had experienced with Minex but its not mineable. Among the 3 given i would go for Gobyte.

Oh that is good to hear. Monero is the most popular coin to mine using botnets, and I have read recently there is even malware on android smartphones mining XMR. After that algo update Monero Network Hashrate went down from over 1GH/s to less than 500MH/s.

Per CPU is being very difficult to make any profit, easier by cell phone as incredible as it sounds, because mining is done without energy cost, because it is done in the clouds, in the case of ETN. CPU if it is not an i7 up, very difficult some friendly return.

How? This would give GPU users an edge .. and CPU users would "loose" since equilibrium on market would be one closer to GPU users ... do you have a link for miner code to use GPU for CPU minable coins?

But I don't suggest that much in CPU mining cause it will cost your computing power that's so yo can not do any thing while you mining.

55 minutes ago, juneg555 said:

Electroneum

Electroneum does not use CPU. This coin mined with cloud mining.

16 minutes ago, nathen252 said:

for the i5 series hasrates?

Each algorithm has a different hash rate. You have to try, and you will discover it out.

Mining, also mining - the activity of creating new structures to ensure the functioning of cryptocurrency platforms. For the creation of the next structural unit, a reward is usually provided for at the expense of new cryptocurrency units and / or commission fees.

All cryptocurrencies appear and exist due to the practical implementation of the blockchain, the sequence of transactions carried out by a whole network of users. As a reward, a network member receives new cryptocurrency coins.

It's hard to make a good profit mining by the CPU, this I can say from experience. But monero can still win something even a little. I always advise starting for a GPU, it is even more efficient despite the power consumption.

3 hours ago, Baddo said:

I know a venture where you can procure the a large portion of your CPU's capacity. You can gather up your CPU's capacity and still mine despite the fact that it's been killed. Yet, the hash you gather will diminish step by step. On the off chance that you turn on the CPU, the power will be helped once more. In the event that you are keen on mining, you can make an impression on me, and I will give the greeting join. I can ensure this is an authentic task, the same number of other blockchain groups are included

I don't know why would anyone fo through all these hoops to mine coins on CPU? I think that stopped being profitable back in 2014 and doing it now is just a waste of time so better go buy antminer or something. 

1 minute ago, Makemoneybtc said:

GPU is definitely better than a CPU but it is still not going to bring you a lot of profit since it takes a lot of power to mine coins faster. If you really want to make profit then you have to buy some mining rigs 

Yes, when I say using GPU, I didn't mean solo mining, I use GPU and CPU on my desktop, because my energy cost is cheap so it's worth it, but I mine in a pool because it's more cost effective, and when I say Profitable is not an absurd thing but I can put together some good long term satoshis trying to make some money. But only solo mining with great hash power, or very powerful machines like asics.

4 minutes ago, Makemoneybtc said:

I know what you wanted to say. It is very good to participate in this mining pools evens though you don't earn that much money. On the long term if you keep collecting them in your wallet you should have quite a nice balance 

Yes, I always try to save the little I can mine, sometimes I use a little to maximize my gain by doing small trades, and for now it has paid off.

2 minutes ago, Makemoneybtc said:

Could you tell me approximately how much money (or coins) you can earn if you are mining using your GPU from your personal computer? I've always wanted to try this for myself but I thought it was not profitable enough to waste m u time with this. 

I can currently extract on the nicehash platform by mining with my RX470 4gb and an I5 3330, the average equivalent of 0.00003500 to 0.00003800 daily satoshis, not much but after a week I get a total of over 0.00021 satoshis and as nicehash has an exchange within the platform I trade in small quantity for XRP, LTC which returns me some 0.00010 weekly satoshis, this to maximize my earnings, as I said is not much but in the long run I can be making money who knows.

I've been mining ETH with my GPU since 2017, it was indeed profitable at the time. for now, the price of ETH is getting down and the difficulty level of each block is increasing. little benefit if you start mining using the GPU at this time.

59 minutes ago, helen572 said:

cryptonight is not a very good algorithm anymore

That is why Monero is moving to RandomX in a month (30 November 2019). I didn't check it yet, and recent xmrig doesn't start well on my CPU+GPU rigs.

Well I have stopped mining using CPU since it is not profitable. Sometimes it is best to collect faucets rather than mining which really uses power and grinds your motherboard. Your motherboard will suffer in the long run.

JOIN US AND WIN BIG PRIZES FROM DIFFERENT GAMES!!!

https://www.bitsler.com/?ref=Mandoy

I don't think cpu mining will give you more profit 🙂 

If you are so strong to stick to it try with verticoin i feel it is good to mine via cpu 🙂