A malicious program replaces the wallet address - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Loly

A malicious program replaces the wallet address

On 2/4/2020 at 4:33 AM, Loly said:

Something strange has happened to me that calls for attention.
When I copied my wallet address to deposit currencies into it, I noticed, when pasting, a change in the wallet address.
This happens with some of you as it is a malicious program or virus that replaces the wallet address with another address and steals your currencies.

Please pay attention and confirm the address of the wallet before sending any currencies.
Who got like this?  How can the problem be solved?

You probably download some malicious software or installed a browser extension that is doing that to sent your crypto to their address instead. Do not download unsafe wallets, especially ones from new projects that are untested. I've found an airdrop a few weeks ago that wanted to download a wallet to sent the coins. Of course I didn't but I took a look at their telegram and there were already 10.000 airdrop hunters there. I bet at least half of them downloaded that wallet. And this happened with this :

https://www.zdnet.com/article/chrome-extension-caught-stealing-crypto-wallet-private-keys/

So better don't download any software unless you are certain that it is not malicious. 

Edited by BTC Future

On 2/4/2020 at 8:09 AM, Ipal said:

That is very dangerous because the bitcoin that we will send can be sent incorrectly, yes I always check before clicking send, at least a few digits behind on my bitcoin address, I think we should be more careful in sending cryptocurrency.

Yes you are absolutely right i agree with you my friend it is very dangerous  and i also always check before clicked send i also think we should be more careful in sending Crypto currency

Yes, a malicious program can destroy your wallet, you can remove those malicious programs if you want, but before you want to remove your wallet you have to make it hard and hard, otherwise many malicious programs can enter your wallet.

It hasn't happened to me and i'm glad you detected it in time, but now i'm very worried because i don't know if this hacking is done when i copy or when i paste my bitcoin address, and in any case, how can i protect my accounts?

They be capable of be replaced by a new malicious course called Masad Stealer despite the fact that inscription your wallet address. This is right and proper to the malicious symbols that was injected into the browser. It as well steals information.

On 2/4/2020 at 7:33 AM, Loly said:

When I copied my wallet address to deposit currencies into it, I noticed, when pasting, a change in the wallet address.
This happens with some of you as it is a malicious program or virus that replaces the wallet address with another address and steals your currencies.

Please pay attention and confirm the address of the wallet before sending any currencies.

This is noticeable thing because we generally don't pay attention after coping the address wallet.This need to double check .This virus is very dangerous.

20 hours ago, Tatsuo said:

thank you for sharing my friend and we found out about these problems transferring money to our digital wallets. thanks for your reminder, now before I press the ok button i will double check my wallet address.

I have been no idea that what are you trying to tell us. But nice.

When you copy bitcoin address must cross check because if you send your crypto currency another address then never recover it

Did you know the reasons why malware attacks you? Did you download unknown applications? Did the malware inhibit in your device only? Thank you and you noticed that scheme because if not your income will be gone. So awareness is one of the key to avoid this.

Be careful before confirming the transfer  of money hacker and scamming parties always waiting for you mistakes to loot you.

On 2/4/2020 at 4:33 AM, Loly said:

Hmmm  i always copy and pawt the addresses i didn't notic anything wrong but maybe we need to use offline phone juat for send and receive..

That's why be careful on the things you do in internet because in just wrong click virus and malicious could enter your network and device and also the thing you installed in your device, avoid installing third party application because it has viruses or some application has it.

Yes you are right about this, it does not happened to me yet but I read a lot topics from many members who had this, and I think this is a new way to hack, because just a few users will note this change, unless if you was a smart like you did, a lot of people will paste their address without verification which will make them a easy victims, I don't know the solution for this but I will keep searching for it because even me I can be a victim too, which will be good to know the solution 

In the event that I had not affirmed the location before sending and understood that it was extraordinary, my monetary forms would have gone to the programmer or criminal's wallet. This is weird how they hack into the Windows clipboard.

Yes this can happen but not often and we must be careful with the applications we download to our computers or smart phones because some application are run by scamers and has the ability to detect a wallet address in the clipboard and change it with another wallet from its provider hence scamming you its for this reason we must be strict and double checking the wallet addresses when pasting and coping to avoid this scam malware or virus.

Well, try to clean your hardware and software from your computer by reformatted it, this is the only thing to remove some malicious program to your pc and i hope that this maybe help you. Happy posting mate.

As the day has gone hackers are creating many new ways to make us a victim. So, might be this a new way to hack. So, we just need to updated our self time to time and whatever we do you need to look that carefully.

On 2/4/2020 at 10:33 AM, Loly said:

How can the problem be solved?

If it's online, it might be the website or exchange is a scam, or is just a fake replica of a legitimate website.

Or, your device is compromised. Run an antivirus scan of your whole system, or better yet, install a fresh copy of OS, and never install suspicious/pirated softwares.

Well i haven't faced such issues till now but if you are facing that you should scan yoyr computer or mobile with good antivirus like Kaspersky and enable firewall if you still fave the problem then you should double check the address always.

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

You must be down, it is very likely that there is a virus in your computer that automatically changes the address of the wallet. If you send, you will not receive money. You must clean your device

Yes, many people are suffering from this malicious program and they lost a lot of tokens because of it, I advise you to double-check the address before sending any tokens.

This problem is common with computers that have malware. As such, use trusted anti-virus software. Likewise, verify your address to prevent your coins from landing into the wrong hands.

Truly you are directly about this, it doesn't transpired at this point yet I read a great deal subjects from numerous individuals who had this, and I think this is another approach to hack, in light of the fact that only a couple of clients will take note of this change, except if in the event that you was a savvy as you did, many individuals will glue their location without confirmation which will make them a simple exploited people, I don't have a clue about the answer for this however I will continue looking for it in light of the fact that even me I can be an unfortunate casualty as well, which will be acceptable to know the arrangement

Hello my dear friend, I'm new here. So far i haven't experienced this kind of issue with my BTC wallet of the withdrawals. But thank you for sharing this information and making all of us aware about it. 

Well this is really unfortunate that people actually do this so that they can get bitcoin with other people. This is kind of stealing in your credit card number and transferring money in their wallet but even though there we should always check our address and where we are sending so that we don't send with the wrong person. Also, always check your computer if it is protected from hackers and virus so that it will never happen to you, also check what websites you go especially in gambling sites because there are too many advertisements and you might accidentally click it and leads to a virus website. Hopefull, this will never ever happened to anyone and remove that virus somehow