A malicious program replaces the wallet address - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Loly

A malicious program replaces the wallet address

Something strange has happened to me that calls for attention.
When I copied my wallet address to deposit currencies into it, I noticed, when pasting, a change in the wallet address.
This happens with some of you as it is a malicious program or virus that replaces the wallet address with another address and steals your currencies.

Please pay attention and confirm the address of the wallet before sending any currencies.
Who got like this?  How can the problem be solved?

16 minutes ago, Loly said:

When I copied my wallet address to deposit currencies into it, I noticed, when pasting, a change in the wallet address.
This happens with some of you as it is a malicious program or virus that replaces the wallet address with another address and steals your currencies.

Please pay attention and confirm the address of the wallet before sending any currencies.

We should be very careful in sending a transaction, every aspect of sending a transactios should be carefully double checked, this is an old threat in the the crypto world and working mostly on that PCs which have malware attacked. 

I am sick of LOVE and want your click on ❤️.

2 hours ago, Loly said:

Good morning mate,thank you for this information,this is a very disturbing problem for all of us and we really need to terminate this virus immediately.Try to be careful next time mate because a lot of hackers is on the web.

There is no problem that a malicious program can replace the address of the wallet. But we have to understand that if the address needs to be double replacement then there is no need to do so.

Well this could be a  problem but could also be' easily resolved. If you think when you are on an exchange , for example binance, when you make a transaction, after you need to confirm it on email, so when you go to the email you check it correctly if the address has changed , if it has with that malicious program , you just do not confirm transaction.

It is necessary, when copying the address of Bitcoin, carefully watch whether the address is correctly inserted. These nuances help when you send coins. 

23 hours ago, Uttom Deb said:

There is no problem that a malicious program can replace the address of the wallet. But we have to understand that if the address needs to be double replacement then there is no need to do so.

Good explained , yes this is the advantage of cryptocurrecy as I know security wallet is more awake and through a process that is not easily hacked.  And exchanged also has guaranteed that security.  Scammers can enter if we give them access too the key and password

Edited by Yanadia
-

I've heard this kind of virus in other forum.. your computer is infected with the virus better to scan your computer with your anti virus now and you should keep update your anti virus.

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 2/4/2020 at 3:33 AM, Loly said:

it never happened to me, the only way to solve this problem is to find the virus and remove it. after that you also have to format your pc and start from 0 again. whit this you'll be safe again

On 2/4/2020 at 10:33 AM, Loly said:

This is an old malware or trojan, Its called clipboard virus. Every time you will paste an address a mystery address will show up. This can be remove by reformatting your PC and install a fresh OS to make sure everything is ok.

spacer.png

If you could just format your device and start again because malicious programs or virus is hard to totally erase in your device so it is the best to format your device, but of course do a backup.

I have never experienced this before, if it happens then it will be a very bad problem. Where the address can change by itself, so that sending automatically sent to the scammer. This seems like a new problem that I have heard, so be careful.

In my opinion after sending crypto currency in a wallet when we put addres the addres change according to block form. But there is no solution if made payment on wrong address.

On 2/4/2020 at 8:03 AM, Loly said:

I do not think it could happen. Please tell, the whole address was changed or small part was changed. Because samething happened with me when I pasted the address and due to server or phone problem site was not working properly and while pasting, address was edited by clicking on keyboard. Now I every time re-check the address two or three times. So just clear that what happened.

I think either my browser or my computer might have this kind of malware, i lost my coins once this way, should i just factory reset the whole machine?

I've also heard things like that, maybe you can try scanning your PC with antivirus or reinstalling the OS. I think this is caused when you install a program on your PC.

YOUengine-cryptotalk.png.2ca158a48ed925f2af8f14fc1863c423.png

This is really alarming because we really don't have idea if we are getting attacked especially if our anti-virus is not doing it's job and responsibilities, we should get a legitimate copy of anti-virus and also make sure that it is updated and always turned on.

This can be happening in this market due to some viruses but I don't find this with me ever so be ready for it and try to check your deposit twice before continuing deposit funds. 

On 2/4/2020 at 10:33 AM, Loly said:

I never know that it is possible dude. Because in my experienced for every transaction that I made for it, I always double check the destination address that I'm gonna transfer it, because once I send it in a wrong address I can't recover it for sure, so thanks for this tips mate.

This hacking works where when you paste the address of the wallet to which it is sent, it is automatically replaced by another address that belongs to the thief's wallet. If you did not save your wallet address and did not verify the address after pasting, the currencies will go to the thief's wallet instead of yours.

In some platforms and portfolios, the addresses of the governor are changed from time to time for protection and privacy and I think this is what happened to you and if the wallet that you sent to it through your account in one of the sites is changed then rather your account was hacked

• Useful or interesting 1

THINK POSITIVE

5 hours ago, bentayebsalah said:

In some platforms and portfolios, the addresses of the governor are changed from time to time for protection and privacy and I think this is what happened to you and if the wallet that you sent to it through your account in one of the sites is changed then rather your account was hacked

If your wallet was changed without your knowledge, then someone entered your account and did so, which means that you have been hacked, your accounts must be reviewed and the strongest protection for your wallet and accounts on the platforms is activated.
So it is not repeated

Life is great and enjoy it