Bitcoin wallets - Page 3 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Bitcoin wallets

Just now, saski said:

I don't recommend anyone to use  online wallets i have seen many people got hacked

Well do not say it to one of the user here LOL

He seems pissed when I said not to use blockchain wallet. He was like this was the best wallet and everyone use it. LOL

Anyway, besides hardware wallet, I will also to use Electrum desktop wallet. If you use a multiSig wallet then your coins are very much safe. It's not very possible to get access of multiple device to broadcast tx from your multisig wallet.

11 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

He seems pissed when I said not to use blockchain wallet. He was like this was the best wallet and everyone use it. LOL

Anyway, besides hardware wallet, I will also to use Electrum desktop wallet. If you use a multiSig wallet then your coins are very much safe. It's not very possible to get access of multiple device to broadcast tx from your multisig wallet.

I saw reports from people complaining with proofs that their Blockchain account was hijacked,
and used not just to steal Bitcoin , but it was used even after for new transactions and withdrawals!
If anyone want to take risk with that ok, but not me.

Edited by hexwin

Just now, hexwin said:

I saw reports from people complaining with proofs that their Blockchain was hijacked,
and used not just to steal Bitcoin , but it was used even after for new transactions and withdrawals!
If anyone want to take risk with that ok, but not me.

Well this is common with hot wallet. There are no point to have a wallet which has access of third party. Those who are new to this industry they think it's okay but when they get into it and start learning to own the key and the things about security then move to safer wallet and multiSig wallet, paper wallet and hardware wallets are some good example of safe wallets.

I hope a lot of people understand and take measures about the security of their coins.

2 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Yes  people must avoid online wallets  and i can't trust any online wallets and i hope he will no regret it 

Your keys, your money. Not your keys, not your money ...

3 minutes ago, iBitcoinGuy said:

I have been using Coinbase for over 2 years and I think that it has an Excellent Service for Buying and sending payments with Bitcoins.

For buying and selling (exchange) coinbase is okay but remember that's not a wallet. It's an exchange and you do not want to keep you coins in an exchange unless you can afford to lose them.

We already have experienced a lot of hacks in a lot of exchanges. Coinbase can have the safe fate with a silly mistake. So, if you are not daily trading or trading much then move then to a wallet where you have access of the private keys.

50 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

We already have experienced a lot of hacks in a lot of exchanges. Coinbase can have the safe fate with a silly mistake. So, if you are not daily trading or trading much then move then to a wallet where you have access of the private keys.

Yes, It is always a good idea to setup your account with 2-Factor Authentication.  That will stop anyone from hacking into your account.

1 minute ago, iBitcoinGuy said:

Yes, It is always a good idea to setup your account with 2-Factor Authentication.  That will stop anyone from hacking into your account.

We are not talking about the personal accounts to get hack we were talking about the entire exchange to get hacked. In the bitcoin history. Here you will find a lamp sump number:

fYPBFrj.png

Image link

Source: https://www.saturn.network/blog/list-of-documented-exchange-hacks/

When an exchange get hacked then these 2fa or any other security measures is not going to work at all. Hacker get's all the information from the server and can easily move the coins in a wallet they prefer.

• Useful or interesting 1

On 10/2/2019 at 12:05 AM, hexwin said:

I saw one member reporting that his account at blockchain.com was hacked,

so I also don't recommend anyone using online wallets like that.

how can you fix the issue and get the wallet back once hacked?

They have implemented KYC right?

On 10/9/2019 at 7:28 PM, yukihirasoma said:

try using the blockchain.com wallet I've been using the wallet since I know bitcoin
if you want to use hardwallet try Ledger nano

i will just choose the hardware wallet for this if not i will definitely go with electrum 100 percent!

I would not use Coinbase as my wallet.
It is mainly used as exchange or if you want to connect your crypto with fiat money for deposit/withdrawal.

image.png.e4850cfebf33520c6c38baea7d4e7c64.png

One good news regarding Electrum wallet is that in next release it will support Lightning network!

source:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/electrum-bitcoin-wallet-to-support-lightning-network-in-next-release

Edited by hexwin

The top-end wallet is probably bitcoin core. why come up with something else? The functionality is the same, the convenience and encryption are the same, only non-official wallets sometimes have a vulnerability.

3 hours ago, WayOut said:

The top-end wallet is probably bitcoin core. why come up with something else? The functionality is the same, the convenience and encryption are the same, only non-official wallets sometimes have a vulnerability.

Because you need to download complete Bitcoin blockchain... and I don't think 99% users need to have
that huge thing on their computers... that is why.

Edited by hexwin

5 hours ago, Nicearce said:

Oh really that blockchain.com was hacked? Thanks for the info.because I always use blockchain.com.but for now you said this I will try others wallet.usually I always use online wallet but now I try the others.thanks

Yes...you should avoid using Blockchain.com and all other online wallets
for holding crypto long term. If you use it make sure you secure it with 2fa and watch out for phishing fake website that steals login data.

We recommend hardware or desktop wallets like Electrum for normal users and for holding

Edited by hexwin

That is true. Best thing you can do is to use wallets where only you control your private keys, and that wallet should not be online wallet.... don't listen anyone who tells you online wallets are safe, or safu 

Of all the options, I think the best option for Bitcoin is the Electrum wallet. It's fast and stable. It has both mobile and desktop variants, which is a great advantage.

3 hours ago, bestprofi said:

Of all the options, I think the best option for Bitcoin is the Electrum wallet. It's fast and stable. It has both mobile and desktop variants, which is a great advantage.

I have also used it before, the cost is cheap compared to blockchain. But I use blockchain more often than Electrum. I want to ask a little, the difference between electrum and blockhain?

3 hours ago, speedxp said:

I want to ask a little, the difference between electrum and blockhain?

Ahm! Let me try.

Blockchain is a hot wallet, online right?

Electrum is a desktop wallet.

With blockchain wallet you really do not have much options

With Electrum wallet you have all the feedoms like choosing fees manually, choosing address to spend, enable or disable change address - it really a lot of things.

1 hour ago, ferdoinla said:

am mostly using Nexo.io wallet for my regular transactions as they don’t charge any withdrawal fees and are planing to pay interest on your crypto balance. Also there will be a debit card in the near future 🙂

I hear people starting to use this wallet recently. I don't like that you need KYC to use it.
Is this online wallet or not, and do you hold your own private keys?

The wallets I have used so far:

Electrum

Blockchain.com

coinbase

trustwallet and a few more wallets but now I use the wallet almost at the trading floor so that when needed, I can buy and sell altcoi or sell usd for convenience.

DYNAMIC INTEREST RETURN

https://hodium.com/?ref=cnguchi

11 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

Ahm! Let me try.

Blockchain is a hot wallet, online right?

Electrum is a desktop wallet.

With blockchain wallet you really do not have much options

With Electrum wallet you have all the feedoms like choosing fees manually, choosing address to spend, enable or disable change address - it really a lot of things.

Well, thanks for the explanation, friend. So you think it's better to use Electrum or Blockchain, because both of these wallets can store bitcoin equally. Your recommendation?

1 hour ago, speedxp said:

So you think it's better to use Electrum or Blockchain, because both of these wallets can store bitcoin equally. Your recommendation?

Okay you need to know about the security aspects. A hot wallet obviously is not secure. The websites can say that they do not store your information but what if they lie. Also you do not want to expose your location to them too.

For any hot wallet you have great risks and which a desktop wallet like Electrum the risk is very less. And it's nearly to zero if you use a multiSig wallet.

Choice is your though.

• Useful or interesting 1

2 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

Okay you need to know about the security aspects. A hot wallet obviously is not secure. The websites can say that they do not store your information but what if they lie. Also you do not want to expose your location to them too.

For any hot wallet you have great risks and which a desktop wallet like Electrum the risk is very less. And it's nearly to zero if you use a multiSig wallet.

Choice is your though.

Good advice and understanding from you. Thank you for everything "Love for you" I will choose the best for me to use and certainly choose the safest and low risk.

Just now, speedxp said:

Thank you for everything "Love for you" I will choose the best for me to use and certainly choose the safest and low risk.

You are welcome and there are no need to thank for it. Pleasure is mine. Just make sure that you do not change the avatar image you have. I really like it specially that face from Mia 😃

It reminds me some memory and give me a pleasure inside hehe.

By the way, feel free to quote or mention me in any kind of assistance.

4 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

By the way, feel free to quote or mention me in any kind of assistance.

xBDT is Electrum multisig expert 😂 ready to help you at any time . Just don't ask him to many questions as maybe he can+t answer all of them 😉