Bitcoin wallets - Page 2 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Bitcoin wallets

12 hours ago, magical956 said:

Electrum is my preferred bitcoin wallet, I don't want to download the whole chain as I don't have space anymore because it's consuming a huge size to my disk.

Yeah I realized lately that the entire chain are hosted in their server. It ease the task for client site.

36 minutes ago, Iv4n said:

I have Ledger Nano for years, and that`s my only bitcoin wallet and I don`t plan to change it.

Trust me you will be changing it once you will get used to with multisig wallet. I also have a nano wallet and been using it since they launched but I do not use it anymore for storing bitcoin. I use it to store other coins by the way.

14 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

I think you are correct. There must have some connection with the full node and the servers are the only logical option.

I really do not have much idea about those alts. 😊

Well what do you think about a multiSig wallet?

I heard this in Epic cash, but never seen where it is for Bitcoin wallet. Did you ever used Multisig wallet and if so how is the security?

14 hours ago, clarityfund said:

I am mostly using Nexo.io wallet for my regular transactions as they don’t charge any withdrawal fees and are planing to pay interest on your crypto balance. Also there will be a debit card in the near future 🙂

Is this something like online wallet, where you do not hold your private keys?
Maybe I am wrong, but I dont have much information about Nexo wallet

I would not recommend using that for holding Bitcoin.

27 minutes ago, cryptosix said:

I heard this in Epic cash, but never seen where it is for Bitcoin wallet. Did you ever used Multisig wallet and if so how is the security?

Well like I said ever since I started to use MultiSig wallet I am not using my Ledger Nano S anymore. I am sure you will too if you know how to do it.

I basically use a 2 / 2 multi sig wallet and both keys are in two separate computer.

Check this tutorial: https://bitcoinelectrum.com/creating-a-multisig-wallet/

15 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Well like I said ever since I started to use MultiSig wallet I am not using my Ledger Nano S anymore. I am sure you will too if you know how to do it.

I basically use a 2 / 2 multi sig wallet and both keys are in two separate computer.

Check this tutorial: https://bitcoinelectrum.com/creating-a-multisig-wallet/

I am not sure using multisig is the best way to keep your Bitcoin if you are a single owner.
It is mainly used when more people are sharing one Bitcoin wallet like in companies,
or some thing similar like this, where one person can't steal coins

2 minutes ago, hexwin said:

I am not sure using multisig is the best way to keep your Bitcoin if you are a single owner.

Well think it this way,

You have a 2/2 multiSig wallet.

One key stored in one PC 

Another key stored in another PC

If anyone wants to take the funds from you then they need to have access of both the pcs. Even you can not broadcast a tx using a single PC.

Does it sounds very easy?

5 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Well think it this way,

You have a 2/2 multiSig wallet.

One key stored in one PC 

Another key stored in another PC

If anyone wants to take the funds from you then they need to have access of both the pcs. Even you can not broadcast a tx using a single PC.

Does it sounds very easy?

I understand the concept and how multisig works,

but you could do the same thing if you keep Seed words in separate places or vaults.

There is also no risk in some of your computers and hard disk getting broken,

and you are again the one who is holding all private keys for both PCs in case of multisig.

It is invented for multiple people on different places in earth.

Edited by hexwin

1 minute ago, hexwin said:

but you could do the same thing if you keep Seed words in separate places or vaults.

Possible Issue one a standard wallet:

# By any chance if I get attacked by phishing client then I have risk to lose my funds. With a multiSig I am safe.

# Copy paste malware can be easily planted and get tricked with a standard wallet. With a multiSig I have good amount of time to check. I will see it easily when I will go for signing from the 2nd key.

There are more but I think these two makes me convinced to use multiSig wallet.

6 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Possible Issue one a standard wallet:

# By any chance if I get attacked by phishing client then I have risk to lose my funds. With a multiSig I am safe.

# Copy paste malware can be easily planted and get tricked with a standard wallet. With a multiSig I have good amount of time to check. I will see it easily when I will go for signing from the 2nd key.

There are more but I think these two makes me convinced to use multiSig wallet.

I know there are advantages, but there are also some disadvantages,
and you can not claim easily claim some future forks and free coins you would get with normal wallet.

17 minutes ago, hexwin said:

and you can not claim easily claim some future forks and free coins you would get with normal wallet.

Yeah I get it. The thing is I am not after those forked shit coins LOL. I am happy with my holding and the security I feel with multiSig.

There are always another way, if I see a fork is coming then I can simply move my funds to a standard wallet, if I really need to claim them of course. 

Just now, xBDT Script said:

Yeah I get it. The thing is I am not after those forked shit coins LOL. I am happy with my holding and the security I feel with multiSig.

There are always another way, if I see a fork is coming then I can simply move my funds to a standard wallet, if I really need to claim them of course. 

Yes you can move them to standard wallet. For example, I think you can simply generate new address in Electrum and move your coins there until snapshot, and then create new multisig.
HEX coin will not support multisig, but you also don't need to to anything else but to sign-a-message from your electrum, prove you own the keys and claim free HEX (in your eth address).  1 btc will give 12,000 coins that will be autostacked and locked for 1 year.  Cool thing you should not miss 😉

5 minutes ago, hexwin said:

Yes you can move them to standard wallet. For example, I think you can simply generate new address in Electrum and move your coins there until snapshot, and then create new multisig.

Easy job to do 😊

5 minutes ago, hexwin said:

HEX coin will not support multisig, but you also don't need to to anything else but to sign-a-message from your electrum, prove you own the keys and claim free HEX (in your eth address).  1 btc will give 12,000 coins that will be autostacked and locked for 1 year.  Cool thing you should not miss 😉

Ah! Hex coin LOL

You know I am not into Altcoins much 😃

Whatever I invested long ago are in 95%+ in lose. I invested 80% of my BTC. DAMN it!

I am okay with ETH and NEO at the moment with my BTC. No HEX 😆

Thank you 😊

Easy job to do 😊

Ah! Hex coin LOL

You know I am not into Altcoins much 😃

Whatever I invested long ago are in 95%+ in lose. I invested 80% of my BTC. DAMN it!

I am okay with ETH and NEO at the moment with my BTC. No HEX 😆

Thank you 😊

Bro I have 90% Bitcoin, rest is Ethereum.

I almost dont have any shitcoins, and I don't care about them.

I do play with some of them when I see potential for profit, that only helped me to grown my BTC.

HEX will be FREE to claim, so I am not missing that offer 😉

Edited by hexwin

12 minutes ago, hexwin said:

HEX will be FREE to claim, so I am not missing that offer 😉

Is this a kind of fork or what?

Free coin is always good LOL

Thing is, I never looked at it even thought I have been seeing in your signature from the beginning. 

Is this a kind of fork or what?

Free coin is always good LOL

Thing is, I never looked at it even thought I have been seeing in your signature from the beginning. 

Cool idea of first Blockchain Certificate of Deposit.

Richard Heart team is making it and we the Bitcoin holders are getting FREE coins in November. (including with all unclaimed coins later)

I like most that we dont need to expose our private keys or anything else, just sing-a-message.

Ledger and Electrum wallets are supported.

I wrote more about it in ANN topic

Edited by hexwin

3 minutes ago, hexwin said:

Cool idea of first Blockchain Certificate of Deposit.

Richard Heart team is making it and we the Bitcoin holders are getting FREE coins in November.

I like most that we dont need to expose our private keys or anything else, just sing-a-message.

Ledger and Electrum wallets are supported.

I wrote more about it in ANN topic

I see. It make sense. May be I will have a look in it later. Thanks. 

By the way, anyone can buy too if they want. if I am not wrong to understand from the quick scan I had.

1 minute ago, rajib7970 said:

The best erc20 wallet is My ether Wallet.

We are talking about bitcoin wallet here 😊

Edited by xBDT Script

2 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

Yeah I realized lately that the entire chain are hosted in their server. It ease the task for client site.

That is why there are lite wallets that we can use such as electrum. And ask some bitcoin wallet experts and they will suggest it for those who cant buy a ledger.

2 minutes ago, magical956 said:

That is why there are lite wallets that we can use such as electrum. And ask some bitcoin wallet experts and they will suggest it for those who cant buy a ledger.

Oh I know that. In face I am very comfortable with Electrum. I have Ledger nano S but I do not store my coins there instead I put them in a MiltiSig wallet in Electrum.

It's better this way and safe.

13 minutes ago, magical956 said:

How does multi sig works? do you have a tutorial on how to do it?

I already have given a link for this. Anyway here it is again: https://bitcoinelectrum.com/creating-a-multisig-wallet/

By the way, are you regular Electrum user or new to it. If you are new then make sure you have installed it from their official website: https://electrum.org/#download

And before installing make sure you have verified the signature as well. Tutorial: https://bitcoinelectrum.com/how-to-verify-your-electrum-download/

5 minutes ago, james said:

the most secure fast less fee is blockchain official wallet i most like that because their very lower fee. other wallets like coinbase, zebpay or any other will charge you huge and less secure.

My man! you are very new to this space. Am I right?

Never use a hot wallet to store your coins and also never keep your coins in an exchange. Remember, not your key not you coin.

Good luck.

New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait 109 seconds before submitting.

Seriously ?! LOL

On 10/1/2019 at 7:35 AM, hexwin said:

image.thumb.png.e1f3a4bc6ed3334a7317273345189373.png

I just found out now, it turns out that there are so many bitcoin wallets that we can use. I usually only 2 are used, Blockchain and Electrum. So far I mostly use Blockchain, because in my opinion it is very safe.

Blockchain online wallet is not safe as you may think.

I would not trust any website to hold my bitcoin and private key.

Number one wallet people can use is Electrum.

Please avoid posting short text messages, and write  something reasonable.

Note for newbies: Always download Electrum and other wallets from official website only.

Double check url bar for possible phishing attempts 

8 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

I already have given a link for this. Anyway here it is again: https://bitcoinelectrum.com/creating-a-multisig-wallet/

By the way, are you regular Electrum user or new to it. If you are new then make sure you have installed it from their official website: https://electrum.org/#download

And before installing make sure you have verified the signature as well. Tutorial: https://bitcoinelectrum.com/how-to-verify-your-electrum-download/

I'm aware of the fake electrum but I don't understand more about multi-sig. Thank you for providing the links.

On 10/10/2019 at 4:01 PM, speedxp said:

I just found out now, it turns out that there are so many bitcoin wallets that we can use. I usually only 2 are used, Blockchain and Electrum. So far I mostly use Blockchain, because in my opinion it is very safe.

Well there are indeed a lot of wallet but Electrum and Bitcoin core is widely used wallets. Those who are old in this space and know the industry well they never use blockchian type hot wallet and of course exchanges.

On 10/10/2019 at 4:03 PM, hexwin said:

I would not trust any website to hold my bitcoin and private key.

Exactly. Not your key not your coins.

On 10/10/2019 at 4:51 PM, james said:

i know but most people dont want to use hardware wallet it takes very huge time to sync. and also consume huge ram and processor power.

Well I do not know what you are talking about. What time you are talking for hardware wallet to get sync. It does not take any time at all. You gave some wrong information.

I don't recommend anyone to use  online wallets i have seen many people got hacked better to use hardware wallets like ledger nano S or trezor etc.......

Hardware wallets are so damn cool ...