[LEARN] How to avoid Phishing email scam - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

[LEARN] How to avoid Phishing email scam

I am using one great alternative for Gmail and it is called Tutanova email.

Today I received one email in my Tutanova account, with this content, asking me to 'update'

s.138.jpg

First thing you should do when you receive email from anyone is DOUBLE CHECK his email address and not just his name.

Here we can see that name is fake Tutanova Team, and real email address is rhody.ezekiel....

That is first Red Flag.

You should never click any links i your email (example is Resolve Issue Now) and never download any attachments

When I hover over that blue field, it can show me short link scammer is using /they often use this tactics to steal your data and crypto)

You should NEVER visit this links.

s.139.jpg

This is where links is directing next

s.140c.jpg

s.140.jpg

FAKE Tutanova website, asking you to enter your details, email and passoword.

Always double check Address bar, and you can see some random web address.

NEVER enter any details.

They are using same tactics for Gmail, and all crypto Phishing websites, like fake Ethereum and other coins Airdrops.

If you learned this now, you can apply to any similar situation in future.

Stay Safe,

HEX

Edited by hexwin
  • Useful or interesting 12
  • +2 1
  • +3 2
  • +4 1
  • +5 3

4 hours ago, hexwin said:

Stay Safe,

HEX

Thanks for sharing man, just for addition signing up to multiple accounts online with same credentials will lead you to loose your money, some websites admins will your your provided info and try to login to other website you might be using, be very carefully, use different password for every account also don't verify link on an email you did not request for. Firefox and Chrome have a feature to save your login info so even if you have a hard password you don't need to worry.

4 hours ago, teminalibug said:

Thanks for sharing man, just for addition signing up to multiple accounts online with same credentials will lead you to loose your money, some websites admins will your your provided info and try to login to other website you might be using, be very carefully, use different password for every account also don't verify link on an email you did not request for. Firefox and Chrome have a feature to save your login info so even if you have a hard password you don't need to worry.

Yes, that are all good suggestions.
You should never use same password more than once and don't share your email in public to easily

• Useful or interesting 1

thank you very helpful, lots of pishing emails nowadays, sometimes they ask for private key and other account data, they are very experienced, many beginners are fooled by it.

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

11 minutes ago, Bitxalt said:

thank you very helpful, lots of pishing emails nowadays, sometimes they ask for private key and other account data, they are very experienced, many beginners are fooled by it.

I agree with you. I even saw people who are experienced falling for things like this,
if they are in a hurry or rush, and they don't pay attention.

Same thing is used for stealing Private keys.

Edited by hexwin

1 minute ago, hexwin said:

I agree with you. I even saw people who are experienced falling for things like this,
if they are in a hurry or rush, and they don't pay attention.

Same thing is used for stealing Private keys.

sometimes they are tempted, some offer a kind of giveaway or airdrop with a good value, so they forget and get caught in a trap. I have also been caught in that trap, fortunately only lost under 10$ USD

• +2 1

#ProphetInvestor

2 minutes ago, Bitxalt said:

sometimes they are tempted, some offer a kind of giveaway or airdrop with a good value, so they forget and get caught in a trap. I have also been caught in that trap, fortunately only lost under 10$ USD

Never give them your mail real email. That is rule number one.
Always use some temporary or secondary mail or avoid wasting time in those fake airdrops.

If they got your email once they will use it in future for every other scam they create

a lot of emails come in spam box on my gmail, they send various emails about airdrop and giveaway, of course I already know, but it is very annoying, even though I have blocked them but they easily use other emails.

#ProphetInvestor

1 hour ago, Bitxalt said:

a lot of emails come in spam box on my gmail, they send various emails about airdrop and giveaway, of course I already know, but it is very annoying, even though I have blocked them but they easily use other emails.

Probably you used this gmail address in to many fake airdrops and now they just keep sending you emails non-stop.

Better switch to some other email, and keep this Gmail address as a backup

Edited by hexwin

37 minutes ago, hexwin said:

Probably you used this gmail address in to many fake airdrops and now they just keep sending you emails non-stop.

Better switch to some other email, and keep this Gmail address as a backup

Phishers usually have a lot of clone emails, some of them use scripts and it's very annoying, I've been using new emails for now to avoid spam.

#ProphetInvestor

2 minutes ago, Bitxalt said:

Phishers usually have a lot of clone emails, some of them use scripts and it's very annoying, I've been using new emails for now to avoid spam.

You can try Tutanova email, it has integrated FREE encryptes calendar also,
and desktop and mobile app

Other option is Mailfence - and they accept crypto

6 minutes ago, hexwin said:

You can try Tutanova email, it has integrated FREE encryptes calendar also,
and desktop and mobile app

Other option is Mailfence - and they accept crypto

I just tried it and registered, but I haven't had time to check it again because at my place night right now, I am very sleepy, tomorrow I will see it again, good night sir

• Useful or interesting 1

#ProphetInvestor

Thanks for informative sharing. we must be protected from email attacks and be careful. we should not use the same email address for our important work. I think the most effective way of protection, not to use the same email address everywhere.

Don't forget to add this senders email to SPAM filter and report them
so you will prevent them sending you more emails in future, or you wont see them anymore.

I would suggest you to change Yahoo mail and use some other email provider.
Yahoo has been hacked several times and should be avoided.

Some new email rpoviders are FREE and they also accept crypto

Edited by hexwin

I've always heard about email scams and lately blackmail and its sad to see this side of humanity, yesterday someone on here told us he lost bitcoin because a hacker sent him email and stole his passwords and account. it really scares me how our digital life is this fragile. and finally i suggest you guys use 2FA even on emails.

5 hours ago, cryptokram said:

It's easy to tell if the website we're on is phishing,

Read carefully, Like this.
https://www.myetherawllet.com/

Another way to find out is to simply click the one shown in this picture.

Sorry Cryptockram but SSL from Let's encrypt is FREE and anyone can add this to websites, so it is nothing to do with security, and I can show you many examples of that with using puny codes and websites

Just few examples
image.png.f2983dad98e7c4241380d3083f10837f.png

image.png.4ceb04bc7546d623b74fe544a85d76b0.png

Edited by hexwin

At one point I had an extension to the chrome browser that warned if the sites in the crypto area were secure or not. When reinstalling the windows I forgot about it and I can't remember what it was called.

• +5 1

8 minutes ago, bestprofi said:

At one point I had an extension to the chrome browser that warned if the sites in the crypto area were secure or not. When reinstalling the windows I forgot about it and I can't remember what it was called.

No extension will help you against Phoshing attacks because they are non-stop changing and creating new websites, and there is no time to report all of them

If we click the button and follow what they want, our data will be copied?

Scam is everywhere. Nowadays scam also attacks our email. Thanks for hexwin who gives valuable information to us. We will be more careful at all.

54 minutes ago, fajarriadi said:

If we click the button and follow what they want, our data will be copied?

Scam is everywhere. Nowadays scam also attacks our email. Thanks for hexwin who gives valuable information to us. We will be more careful at all.

If you enter your login details or if you download some file they send you in email than yes, your information will be stolen from you and copied.

I also got some emails with attachments on them, i never clicked on them but i wonder its thats how they install a keylogger on ur PC, record ur keystrokes etc ? anyway i change my emails pretty often and dont get as many now

30 minutes ago, Caporetto said:

I also got some emails with attachments on them, i never clicked on them but i wonder its thats how they install a keylogger on ur PC, record ur keystrokes etc ? anyway i change my emails pretty often and dont get as many now

I don't know exactly, as it can be different things they are using.
Phishing is most common and it will direct you to some fake website asking you to enter your login details.

• +5 2