epidemia

Forum ranks

I like this ranking system I also aim for VIPs, I hope they don't introduce here a merit system like on bitcointalk...

tip me for my hidden qualities, for my sympathy☺️ 

btc address: 1AhQJ7qPAFWeqJmyqDBXntmG3Y8781rp9

1 hour ago, Theymos said:

I think Full member and up only should be qualified for the pay per post system here in the forum.

I do not agree with this... some people like to discriminate, and for that there is already a forum... bitcointalk

Glad to see the forum developing!!

We need to remember that this is work in progress, so we need to be pacient and wait for them to start finnishing the features... with our help, this will become a really nice forum to be...

17 minutes ago, corrao25 said:

Dude, very good news. Recently I wrote in one topic that it would be good to have introduced a system of ranks and here it came true. So much more interesting. It would be good to introduce a referral system so that even more users come here

There is an idea there.... to complement the ongoing marketing campaign, a referral system would be the cherry on top of the cake... but it would require additional control for cheaters...

and it should be easy to implement

12000 post to become a VIP 🙂 We will have to make a serious effort. It's a hard target to achieve, but I think we can. At least we will try.

1 hour ago, Bnance10 said:

I don’t know how I got ranked as newbie.  If you have a category as “Senior” or “Contrarian”, one of it would be more appropriate.  Either that or go ahead and change newbie to noob 🙂

You are newbie because your post count is still within the range of newbie according to the range posted by the admin on ranking up, once you have enough post count to level up to jr member then you will so it goes, ranking system is good, it helps to differentiate new members and old timers🙂

5 hours ago, Steampunkz said:

Goodwork on the new system established, its seems similar to bitcointalk but still this is another way for the pioneer members  to recognized from their contribution on the forum. I am expecting more developments to come!

The names are very similar but the requirements are not. I am glad that the requirements are high here or people would make it to Legendary in few days L:OL

In Bitcointalk the activity algorithm makes the time longer even though when there were no merit.

5 hours ago, hexwin said:

I think there should be something similar to DT members like in btct forum,

Arm, if we do that then we will see the same mass we see in bitcoinTalk. Some of the people will always try to take authority from you and will bossing you.

[H] IOU 5% OFF [W] BTCStake Address | Currency Exchange PHP Script. Read more

11 hours ago, Kingjames said:

This is a good development and this will make the rest of the member to sit up and work very hard because this is how Bitcointalk forum started before the destroy it with their merit system

You're right mate,it was being destroyed by merit system.Its very hard to rank up most especially if we have less knowledge on cryptocurrency.Those early comers have able to rank up easily compared to new comers.

14 hours ago, epidemia said:

Hello everyone!

Today was introduced the first ranking system:

Brand New:  0-20  
Newbie:    21-100
Jr. Member:  101-300
Member:  300-1000  
Full Member: 1000-3000  
Sr. Member: 3000-6000
Hero Member: 6000-9000
Legendary: 9000-12000
VIP: 12000+

The ranking system is now in development.

Current limitation:

In the first 5 days after registration, each forum user has the right to publish a maximum of 50 posts per day.

The pay per post structure should be updated to reflect this. There should be different pay for different rank. And I think 50 max posts per day is high. Considering someone can move from newbie to junior member in 2 days. 

7 minutes ago, Simeon4real said:

And I think 50 max posts per day is high. Considering someone can move from newbie to junior member in 2 days. 

Well since the number of required posts is high to achieve the top rank, I think this is very fair deal. Or like I said people can make it to the VIP in two weeks and that would be kinda unusual to think about a high rank.

With this 12000+ posts if one makes regularly 100 posts per day still they will need 4 long months to become a VIP. This is in pen and paper. You can not expect one guy to make 100 posts a day. He will have gaps and ups and down.

So, the reality will be that to become a VIP one with addictive posting habit will still need around 6 months of so.

Just now, xBDT Script said:

Well since the number of required posts is high to achieve the top rank, I think this is very fair deal. Or like I said people can make it to the VIP in two weeks and that would be kinda unusual to think about a high rank.

With this 12000+ posts if one makes regularly 100 posts per day still they will need 4 long months to become a VIP. This is in pen and paper. You can not expect one guy to make 100 posts a day. He will have gaps and ups and down.

So, the reality will be that to become a VIP one with addictive posting habit will still need around 6 months of so.

You know, It's not really about quantity but the quality of the posts. With 50 posts being a "very fair deal" like you said, Don't you think the forum would be so messed up if spamming becomes the order of the day? 

3 hours ago, teminalibug said:

I'm a little confused, by 12000+ you mean number of posts right? if so what if all users on the site reaches that amount of posts, will they all marked VIP if so what's the fun in that?

Yes its the number of posts as you can see you are ranked jn member and it's not so easy to make 12000 posts so not everyone will make in no time soon.

3 minutes ago, Simeon4real said:

You know, It's not really about quantity but the quality of the posts. With 50 posts being a "very fair deal" like you said, Don't you think the forum would be so messed up if spamming becomes the order of the day? 

If moderator stay strict about spam post, meaningless posts, copy/pasting and those sorts of things and keep deleting them then we will build a culture that everyone will know that without making good posts they are not going anywhere.

This will have to have a balance between number of moderators and the number of posts that are coming every single day.

1 minute ago, Kumar said:

Yes its the number of posts as you can see you are ranked jn member and it's not so easy to make 12000 posts so not everyone will make in no time soon.

Off course it is hard to reach 12K post in short time. There is a limitation about posting a day in here already. As I know, eveyone can post 50 times in a day. So naturally, it takes 240 days to reach 12K post.

1 minute ago, funchy said:

Off course it is hard to reach 12K post in short time. There is a limitation about posting a day in here already. As I know, eveyone can post 50 times in a day. So naturally, it takes 240 days to reach 12K post.

I don't think you have read the first post carefully as the limitation is only until 5 days after the registration and after that you are free from it. 

4 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

If moderator stay strict about spam post, meaningless posts, copy/pasting and those sorts of things and keep deleting them then we will build a culture that everyone will know that without making good posts they are not going anywhere.

This will have to have a balance between number of moderators and the number of posts that are coming every single day.

But You're also in support of 50 posts per day? What will not be very fair is when a user makes 50 shitty posts and the mods decide to delete all 50. These things don't end pretty. 

Just now, Simeon4real said:

But You're also in support of 50 posts per day? What will not be very fair is when a user makes 50 shitty posts and the mods decide to delete all 50. These things don't end pretty. 

Of course I am not opposing.

These 50 posts limit a day is for only maximum first 5 days if one can not make it to the next level of Newbie in the first two days. It was implemented obviously to give spammers a slow start so that forum can punish them.

I do not see what is wrong. Are you opposing because you think it is not enough or it needed to be more?

Just now, xBDT Script said:

Of course I am not opposing.

These 50 posts limit a day is for only maximum first 5 days if one can not make it to the next level of Newbie in the first two days. It was implemented obviously to give spammers a slow start so that forum can punish them.

I do not see what is wrong. Are you opposing because you think it is not enough or it needed to be more?

Lol. From my first reply here, the point I've been trying to drive home is that the limit is high and will encourage spamming to a whole new levels. I'm more about the post quality and readability over quantity. 

Just now, Simeon4real said:

Lol. From my first reply here, the point I've been trying to drive home is that the limit is high and will encourage spamming to a whole new levels. I'm more about the post quality and readability over quantity. 

And I am also trying to explain that if we have a good balance in number of mods and number of posts per day those are coming then it should not be an issue. 

Any spam - delete

Any low value posts - delete

Any zero value posts - delete

Copy/paste - delete

Report from users - review and if correct the delete

Mod needs to stay busy of course.

If someone makes 50 posts to get his quota and if 44 of them are falling in any of the above category then after delete the 44 posts he left only 6.  Meaning he will have only 6 active post. Where is the spam now?

Hope it make sense 😊

3 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

And I am also trying to explain that if we have a good balance in number of mods and number of posts per day those are coming then it should not be an issue. 

Any spam - delete

Any low value posts - delete

Any zero value posts - delete

Copy/paste - delete

Report from users - review and if correct the delete

Mod needs to stay busy of course.

If someone makes 50 posts to get his quota and if 44 of them are falling in any of the above category then after delete the 44 posts he left only 6.  Meaning he will have only 6 active post. Where is the spam now?

Hope it make sense 😊

Cool. That means you got my point. Pun Intended - - If only 6 posts out of 50 is left, Isn't it unfair? 😭😂😂😂

18 minutes ago, Kumar said:

I don't think you have read the first post carefully as the limitation is only until 5 days after the registration and after that you are free from it. 

I think I miss it. But I think 50 posts/day is already huge amount posting a day. Who can post 50 times a day without creating SPAM! I think no one!

10 minutes ago, funchy said:

I think I miss it. But I think 50 posts/day is already huge amount posting a day. Who can post 50 times a day without creating SPAM! I think no one!

It's better if you don't chase posts too much so that your account stays safe. I hope that in this forum there is no merit system like the bitcointalk forum.

17 minutes ago, Starpark said:

It's better if you don't chase posts too much so that your account stays safe. I hope that in this forum there is no merit system like the bitcointalk forum.

Even in the start their was no merit system it all started when they saw a huge income. so to control it they started this merit system and gave some users DT level which now they are misusing it and theymos is not taking care about it. Till merit system was introduced everything was good.

This ranking system is fantastic for everyone involved here. This is getting better and better isn’t it  gentlemen? May the fun begins. Thanks cryptotalk for this opportunity .