How to Setup Metamask on Mobile and PC - Page 2 - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Phash

How to Setup Metamask on Mobile and PC

Thank you so much for information, many people can benefit from this information I will try to install it on my pc

• +1 1

Yes, there is a way you can use metamask on android through firefox. But you can't use this trick on iOS right now, because iOS has blocked the extension support on mobile. Or you can use Other browsers like Cipher, etc. Chrome for android still doesn't support extensions.

Thank you for good tutorial about metamask. Now I know perfectly how to add metamask with browser extension. First we have to download the extension and add this extension with browser. After finishing this, just create account with private key.

Thanks for sharing an interesting post. Many new customers will help your post use Metamask. Your post helped me too                                                                                                                                                                                                             

There are the very easy steps to create and use the metamask wallet by using an extension on the browser. Just install extensions from the official app stores after that make sure you are using the extension for the long time because one browser supports only one main account.

I do not recommend using metamask on a mobile phone. You can lose your phone and soon lose access to your wallet. This is very unsafe. I mainly use the browser. 

Metamask is one of the greatest wallets for ethereum and i use it to send or receive ethereum through the faucetpay wallet. I have any experience in using it through mobile because i just use it in my computer.

Time is the ultimate weapon!

On 10/8/2019 at 7:53 PM, Phash said:

Metamask is a browser extension that can be used on Chrome, Firefox or Operamini browser. 

It can be used to access MyEtherWallet, decentralized and some dapps. 

How to install Metamask 

1. You can download it from

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn - For Chrome Users

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ether-metamask/ - For Firefox Users

https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/metamask/ - For Operamini Users 

After installation, it should appear right beside the setting icon for PC users or by tapping on the three dots in the top left corner on your Firefox browser. Open and click on accept. 

2. Setting Up Your Metamask Account 

You will be ask to import an existing wallet mnemonic phrase or create a new wallet. You should create a new wallet if you don't have an existing wallet. 

After that, you will be given some twelve words which is known as the mnemonic phrase, write them down and keep them safe. 

You can also import an existing wallet private key by clicking on the three vertical lines at the top left corner of your Metamask account.

Very Easy. 

Yes i did use it and honestly registration was very simple. I did watch the steps on a youtube video so it was really fast didn't even take 2 mintue for registration. Its really a good wallet. 

Is very important to share things like this, because is helpful for many members to know how to use a such this like Metamask on mobile or PC, because some times not all things are listed on Google search.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

Very important this tutorial about Metamask because it's very useful application on your browser and now they add the phone version it's the best one ,You add extension for Brave browser too because it exist too 

Yes it is really very easy and does not require experience, just a few simple steps and everything ends I have been using for a long time with Google Chrome browser and it is much better than my ether wallet. I quit using myetherwallet completely after I was using Metamsk.

Nice links on your tutorial but if you can make a tuto by your self it will be great with a screenshot to help user to proceed this tutorial about this great wallet 

On 3/12/2020 at 12:27 PM, bliznec said:

I do not recommend using metamask on a mobile phone. You can lose your phone and soon lose access to your wallet. This is very unsafe. I mainly use the browser. 

I've read many people were having problems with it on mobiles, and basically I wouldn't recommend it for mobile either. It isn't that user friendly even for desktop browsers. I can't imagine how lame it would be on a mobile one. Still it is funny that with metamask I tested an ethereum transfer once with just 0,5 gwei as fees and it worked! Although I don't recommend doing that at all. Next time I tried the transaction was left hunging for a day and I had to replace it with higher fees.

On 5/23/2020 at 10:15 PM, BTC Future said:

I've read many people were having problems with it on mobiles, and basically I wouldn't recommend it for mobile either. It isn't that user friendly even for desktop browsers. I can't imagine how lame it would be on a mobile one. Still it is funny that with metamask I tested an ethereum transfer once with just 0,5 gwei as fees and it worked! Although I don't recommend doing that at all. Next time I tried the transaction was left hunging for a day and I had to replace it with higher fees.

You are right, I will mot recommend it either, I like such browser on laptops and other computers. I only make use of coinomi wallet on mobile for easily use of ERC-20 tokens. 

On 5/27/2020 at 9:40 PM, Yomose said:

You are right, I will mot recommend it either, I like such browser on laptops and other computers. I only make use of coinomi wallet on mobile for easily use of ERC-20 tokens. 

You can use Coinomi's dApp browser. It works just like Metamask, but you can keep all your funds safely backed up via your recovery phrase. If you lose your phone, you can always restore access to all assets with the phrase.

This is really good tutorial to know metamask extension, I use this extension in my kewi browser because I do search in crome and click unknown  links, so I use this extension in other browser,  this type information really helpful.

Thank you very much for the excellent information about Metamask, it is a help for new users who have never used this wallet as my person. My friends have recommended it to me before, I never dared to try it, but i see that it is one of the popular ones as a PC extension.

I will also try your version of mobil to see how it looks, cheers

Edited by Cen97
  • Useful or interesting 1

On 10/8/2019 at 9:23 AM, Phash said:

Metamask is a browser extension that can be used on Chrome, Firefox or Operamini browser. 

How to install Metamask 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn - For Chrome Users

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ether-metamask/ - For Firefox Users

After installation, it should appear right beside the setting icon for PC users or by tapping on the three dots in the top left corner on your Firefox browser. Open and click on accept. 

You will be ask to import an existing wallet mnemonic phrase or create a new wallet. You should create a new wallet if you don't have an existing wallet. 

After that, you will be given some twelve words which is known as the mnemonic phrase, write them down and keep them safe. 

You can also import an existing wallet private key by clicking on the three vertical lines at the top left corner of your Metamask account.

Very Easy. 

The installation of MetaMask has no major difficulties. Since being an extension for popular and proven browsers, this DApps is available in the extensions store or repository. And you just have to enter your browser's store and download and install it to be able to use it in your preferred web browser. In case you have a Chrome derived browser like Opera, Brave or Vivaldi, such an extension will work perfectly. This DApps can also access the extension from the official MetaMask website. It will automatically detect your browser and direct you to the correct link to install the extension.

I didn't use metamask wallet before i will try it as soon as possible it seems to be a good wallet thank you for the good explaining.

Thanks I had downloaded the extension but I did not have a clear idea of how to configure metamask, I will take into account everything you say, especially about saving the security key, I think it is the main thing in case you want to recover it if something happens.

On 10/8/2019 at 10:23 AM, Phash said:

How to install Metamask 

Very Easy. 

I think that metamask is the best decentralized wallet to work with ethereum and all the erc-20 network, I can connect with the intelligent ocntratos and since I started to use it I don't keep my ethereum anywhere else, it is the best for tokens storage, I made a video tutorial in my youtube channel so that people know what it is and how to use it, I will leave them here.

Metamask Video Tutorial: https://report as spam/3cL4hSi

The easiest way is to register a wallet on the official website via a computer,then download it to your phone via play market and then just log in using a qr code via PC and you will get metamask on your pc and phone.

On 10/8/2019 at 8:23 PM, Phash said:

How to install Metamask 

Very Easy. 

Thanks for the guide, it was very helpful. The extension will really be useful for the users of this wallet. I advise you to read

This is a decent instructional exercises for the new bies. metamask is a confided in wallet for putting away crypto resource. any one can utilize it effectively in program by an expansion. 

This is an excellent data generally for the novices in crypto world, this gathering is truly incredible you can look for a ton of information and furthermore simultaneously you can acquire from this discussion.