How to Setup Metamask on Mobile and PC - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Phash

How to Setup Metamask on Mobile and PC

Metamask is a browser extension that can be used on Chrome, Firefox or Operamini browser. 

It can be used to access MyEtherWallet, decentralized and some dapps. 

How to install Metamask 

1. You can download it from

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn - For Chrome Users

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ether-metamask/ - For Firefox Users

https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/metamask/ - For Operamini Users 

After installation, it should appear right beside the setting icon for PC users or by tapping on the three dots in the top left corner on your Firefox browser. Open and click on accept. 

2. Setting Up Your Metamask Account 

You will be ask to import an existing wallet mnemonic phrase or create a new wallet. You should create a new wallet if you don't have an existing wallet. 

After that, you will be given some twelve words which is known as the mnemonic phrase, write them down and keep them safe. 

You can also import an existing wallet private key by clicking on the three vertical lines at the top left corner of your Metamask account.

Very Easy. 

• Useful or interesting 5
  • +1 3
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

Join Jackbit today and start claiming free coins worth up to 10$ every 10 minutes.

3 hours ago, Phash said:

Metamask is a browser extension that can be used on Chrome, Firefox or Operamini browser. 

How to install Metamask 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn - For Chrome Users

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ether-metamask/ - For Firefox Users

After installation, it should appear right beside the setting icon for PC users or by tapping on the three dots in the top left corner on your Firefox browser. Open and click on accept. 

You will be ask to import an existing wallet mnemonic phrase or create a new wallet. You should create a new wallet if you don't have an existing wallet. 

After that, you will be given some twelve words which is known as the mnemonic phrase, write them down and keep them safe. 

You can also import an existing wallet private key by clicking on the three vertical lines at the top left corner of your Metamask account.

Very Easy. 

this is very helpful for beginners to make eth wallet, I just want to add for anyone who has a virtual wallet please be careful of pishing websites, never give private keys to others or and websites that ask for a private key except the official website

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +5 1

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

12 hours ago, papahmuda said:

The thing I really want to know from the first, before I've read how to use Metamask. And I understand, but somehow I'm afraid to use it. Afraid to lose my assets, but I want to go back to using Metamask for security again. And the @OP post helps me use it now. So inevitably I have to use it.

You shouldn't be afraid and you have nothing to worry about if you follow the instruction. Metamask is rated as one of the most secured place for storing your crypto assets.

• +2 1

Before creating a Topic forst search forum if anyone else created page before you.

We do NOT need so much duplicate content

There are several Metamask topics

• +2 1

2 minutes ago, hexwin said:

Before creating a Topic forst search forum if anyone else created page before you.

We do NOT need so much duplicate content

There are several Metamask topics

Oops, I'm sorry. 

I will use the search button next time I want to create a topic. 

Is it fine if I leave it or should I delete it? 

Join Jackbit today and start claiming free coins worth up to 10$ every 10 minutes.

Just now, Phash said:

Oops, I'm sorry. 

I will use the search button next time I want to create a topic. 

Is it fine if I leave it or should I delete it? 

No problem.

No need to delete now, more important is that we all use search function to avoid  duplicate content.

Thank you for fast reply and understanding 😉

Thank youmfprmthe instruction and tip, i never tried this metamask before and i think it is much safer to use this rather than copy  and pasting the keys.

On 10/8/2019 at 10:23 AM, Phash said:

How to install Metamask 

Very Easy. 

Also, always use an hardware wallet such as Ledger, Trezor, etc. to connect to metamask as it is the safest way. By doing that, nobody -including you- can see your private keys.

metamask is the best convenience wallet I really like, plus the most important thing is ERC-20 protocol support which is very good for accumulating all sorts of coins and tokens in general it’s super what I have now

Thanks for sharing this informations with us, it is really helpful, now every one can setup the metamask without any problem.wish you luck 

• +1 1

On 10/8/2019 at 10:25 PM, Fouaddoss said:

Thank you for the information , I didn't know her before I want to try it in the coming days.

I want to ask you about security .We don't know if it is too safe

The metamask extension for the Chrome browser desktop for me is safe, some time I've used it, they are safe because every few moments they always ask us to enter a password if you want to connect the wallet

On 10/8/2019 at 11:33 PM, Starpark said:

For extensions on a PC, I have tried it and found it safe. but for my cellphone I was a little hesitant for fear of losing assets. You better use something you believe in

For phone better use yandex browser and start add metamask extension. I tried it and everything is fine

21 minutes ago, Opsora said:

Yes, there is a way you can use metamask on android through firefox... But you can't use this trick on iOS right now, because iOS has blocked the extension support on mobile. Or you can use Other browsers like Cipher, etc. Chrome for android still doesn't support extensions.

Yes, there is a way you can use metamask on android through firefox... But you can't use this trick on iOS right now, because iOS has blocked the extension support on mobile. Or you can use Other browsers like Cipher, etc. Chrome for android still doesn't support extensions.

I suggest you using yandex browser also on android. Really well support extension if we use desktop version on mobile

This is a good tutorials for the new bies. metamask is a trusted wallet for storing crypto asset. any one can use it easily in browser by an extension.

I know how to add metamask wallet in pc.

But I Don't know how to add metamask in mobile.

About 1 month I am trying to create mmetamask in mobile but can't do this.

Now I understand how can I make metamask in mobile.

Thanks for share this.         

This is a very good information mostly for the beginners in crypto world, this forum is really great you can seek a lot of knowledge and also at the same time you can earn from this forum.

Its very useful guidelines for the users to install metamask in your device and according to the guidelines i have installed it and is very helpful for the security purpose of the wallet.

I just used metamask, when participating in one of the airdrops. It turned out to use metamask is very easy, and to install it is also very simple and for its safety, I'm sure it's really safe to use.

2 hours ago, 1Max_Ivanov1 said:

Thank youmfprmthe instruction and tip, i never tried this metamask before and i think it is much safer to use this rather than copy  and pasting the keys.

I also just used metamask lately. not because I want to save my assets. but I participated in one of the airdrop projects and had to use metamask as his wallet. So I think that using metamask is very safe.