Cardano (ADA) Discussion thread - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Flangler

Cardano (ADA) Discussion thread

1*bzYxka5FGrwtip2Gl2lq5w.jpeg

Official Website: https://www.cardano.org/en/home/

Telegram: https://t.me/CardanoAnnouncements

Twitter: https://twitter.com/cardano

Cardano is a groundbreaking proof-of-stake blockchain network, being developed into a decentralized application (DApp) development platform with a multi-asset ledger and verifiable smart contracts. Built with the rigor of high-assurance formal development methods, Cardano aims to achieve the scalability, interoperability, and sustainability needed for real-world applications. Cardano is designed to be the platform of choice for the large-scale, mission-critical DApps that will underpin the economy of the future.

Based on peer-reviewed academic research, Cardano has an ethos of openness and transparency. All of the research and technical specifications that underpin Cardano are publicly published, and all Cardano development activity is made available to the public. Cardano is designed by a global team of experts who are leaders in disciplines ranging from distributed systems to programming languages and game theory and is jointly developed by IOHK and partners. IOHK develops the technology, the Cardano Foundation is responsible for supervising development and promoting Cardano, while Emurgo drives commercial adoption. While we are building Cardano, we are merely custodians. When the network is fully decentralized it will belong to the community, and it will be the community who decide its future through advanced governance features.

ADA SUPPLY CAP

Ada is capped at an arbitrary 45,000,000,000, or forty-five billion Ada.

ADA TO BE ISSUED DURING THE OPERATION OF THE CARDANO PROTOCOL

The remaining Ada, 13,887,515,354, will be issued after the launch through minting.

Note: There will never be more than 45,000,000,000 Ada in circulation.

cardano-team.jpg

There are three organisations that are contributing to the development of Cardano. The first is the Cardano Foundation, an independent standards body based in Switzerland with core responsibilities to support the community of Cardano users and to work with authorities on regulatory and commercial matters. The second entity working on Cardano is IOHK, a leading cryptocurrency research and development company, which holds the contract to develop the platform until 2020. The final business partner is Emurgo, which invests in start-ups and assists commercial ventures to build on the Cardano blockchain.

The Cardano Foundation

The Cardano Foundation’s core mission is to standardise, protect and promote the Cardano Protocol technology.

Emurgo

The role of Emurgo is to develop, support, and incubate commercial ventures and help integrate these businesses into Cardano’s decentralized blockchain ecosystem.

IOHK

Founded in 2015 by Charles Hoskinson and Jeremy Wood, IOHK is a world-class engineering and technology company committed to using peer-to-peer innovations to provide financial services to three billion people that don’t have them. The group is contracted to design, build, and maintain the Cardano platform through to 2020.

NOTE: I'm not official representative of Cardano (ADA) and this is not financial recommendation.

Edited by Flangler
  • Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +3 1
  • +4 3
  • +5 1

So Shalley testnetowrk is finally on and we just saw how priced reacted to it. What are your thoughts guys about this project? The Devs think that their PoS grants 50 - 100 more decentralization than others. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

Oh man! I have this boy to as holding. Bought few k coins when he price was 51ish and now they are bottoming like the other coins. LOL

I do not hope left for any of these coins which I bough when the price was high. I wish I could go back and fix things 😊

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

What is the possibility of gaining with ADA this last quarter of the year?

Is it worth to buy now and hold? what is the prediction price  for ADA before the year ends?

for the pump price, is there any new partnership for the team to announce or any development?

What I like about Cardano is that their team deliver what they deliver what they promise. Can't grasp why the price is so low, but that is the market... The technology of the blockchain is pretty advanced so that is advantage in comparison with other projects.

• +4 1

At the end of 2017 when the bulls reached the top there was a lot of news that Cardano would be a rival for ETH, and now I don't hear anymore
maybe at that time it was only an issue to pump cardano to over 1 USD.
but if the news is true, then Cardano can prove it this year until the peak of bullish later.

• +1 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

If we see how slow Ethereum developement is and they have largest dev team in crypto space,

why are we surprised about slow progress for Cardano.

It will take a lot of time for them to  create something that works

• +3 1
  • +5 1

I was ADA Cardano holder, and I sell ADA before this drop but I think it's good time to jump in again.

If you all remember ATH of ADA was 0.9$ (that is around 3000%) and who buy ADA at at the beginning he for sure get big profit.

And current situation of ADA no need to scares you, because ADA like other alts follow BTC price and I think BTC will recover soon and of course ADA too. 😉

Plus ADA is POS, you can stake ADA in different wallets. 😉

• +2 2
  • +3 1

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

On 10/1/2019 at 9:58 AM, ayatoslaw said:

At the end of 2017 when the bulls reached the top there was a lot of news that Cardano would be a rival for ETH, and now I don't hear anymore

At that time, almost most of the projects got huge attention, shilling here and there and some people get in trapped in a lot of shitcoin as well, mostly the newbies who were trying to get some passive income from cryptocurrency, lol. I don't think Cardano will be much threat for ETH.

• +3 1

I also have some ADA in my portfolio and I think it will be a good idea if I can still add more. Their technology is really great but they are still waiting for the conditions to reach their full potential

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Good and strong currency It is currently 11th on the market cap
I think its price will increase in the future and that's why I'm storing it

• +5 1

Life is great and enjoy it

On 12/1/2019 at 9:09 PM, Rashidpk said:

For now the price of Cardano is now looking so great and i believed in few months from now it will fully recover from it's losses to make their investors happy and profitable.

ADA coin is a good coin but now the price is low and i hope when the market will make a bull it will also pump and its price is also increased now all the crypto market is stable and regularly going down so much but i hope soon a great bull will come and it give us good profit this time.

• +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

CARDANO (ADA) is an interesting project that has plenty of details in the making, the team is focused looking to the future implementing features that will give benefits and security to the people!

• +1 1
  • +4 1

Earn bitcoin Satoshis every hour, by doing click on the roll button. Make sure to enter your own bitcoin address! Register here:

http://bit.ly/2nYanIq

On 9/30/2019 at 8:36 AM, Flangler said:

1*bzYxka5FGrwtip2Gl2lq5w.jpeg

Official Website: https://www.cardano.org/en/home/

Telegram: https://t.me/CardanoAnnouncements

Twitter: https://twitter.com/cardano

Cardano is a groundbreaking proof-of-stake blockchain network, being developed into a decentralized application (DApp) development platform with a multi-asset ledger and verifiable smart contracts. Built with the rigor of high-assurance formal development methods, Cardano aims to achieve the scalability, interoperability, and sustainability needed for real-world applications. Cardano is designed to be the platform of choice for the large-scale, mission-critical DApps that will underpin the economy of the future.

Based on peer-reviewed academic research, Cardano has an ethos of openness and transparency. All of the research and technical specifications that underpin Cardano are publicly published, and all Cardano development activity is made available to the public. Cardano is designed by a global team of experts who are leaders in disciplines ranging from distributed systems to programming languages and game theory and is jointly developed by IOHK and partners. IOHK develops the technology, the Cardano Foundation is responsible for supervising development and promoting Cardano, while Emurgo drives commercial adoption. While we are building Cardano, we are merely custodians. When the network is fully decentralized it will belong to the community, and it will be the community who decide its future through advanced governance features.

ADA SUPPLY CAP

Ada is capped at an arbitrary 45,000,000,000, or forty-five billion Ada.

ADA TO BE ISSUED DURING THE OPERATION OF THE CARDANO PROTOCOL

The remaining Ada, 13,887,515,354, will be issued after the launch through minting.

Note: There will never be more than 45,000,000,000 Ada in circulation.

cardano-team.jpg

There are three organisations that are contributing to the development of Cardano. The first is the Cardano Foundation, an independent standards body based in Switzerland with core responsibilities to support the community of Cardano users and to work with authorities on regulatory and commercial matters. The second entity working on Cardano is IOHK, a leading cryptocurrency research and development company, which holds the contract to develop the platform until 2020. The final business partner is Emurgo, which invests in start-ups and assists commercial ventures to build on the Cardano blockchain.

The Cardano Foundation

The Cardano Foundation’s core mission is to standardise, protect and promote the Cardano Protocol technology.

Emurgo

The role of Emurgo is to develop, support, and incubate commercial ventures and help integrate these businesses into Cardano’s decentralized blockchain ecosystem.

IOHK

Founded in 2015 by Charles Hoskinson and Jeremy Wood, IOHK is a world-class engineering and technology company committed to using peer-to-peer innovations to provide financial services to three billion people that don’t have them. The group is contracted to design, build, and maintain the Cardano platform through to 2020.

NOTE: I'm not official representative of Cardano (ADA) and this is not financial recommendation.

ADA Cardano is a great coin, and staking ADA is very good.

I know some people which buy ADA at the beginning and make great profit.

And now they make profit from staking too.

If you look on chart you can see that ADA price was 0.028$ Sep.2017 and ATH (all time high) was 1.33$ which is very good and currently price is 0.038$.

Cardano is a solid project and genuine currency in cryptocurrency industry. This is long term project and best future currency. I think future currency.

It's my signature

IMG_20191208_161106161_3.jpg

Yes. Cardno is one of the best project. This project future is very good .this project is very potential . Because this project is one of the best bet investment project.cardano project transparancy you can watch all roadmap with detailed chart and status wich reflect the team strongness.

Remember the words two weeks ago spoken by: Charles Hoskinson expressed his dissatisfaction with the current status of Cardano. In his opinion, this cryptocurrency should not be left behind or be perceived only as an experimental project.

I'm curious for 2020 for cardano.
Cardano has nowhere else to fall below.

Cardano’s incentivized testnet went live with promising results. Holders already staked 5.4 billion Ada, representing 17% of the coin supply. IOHK also announced that over 120 staking pools went online during the first day of operation, well on its way to its 1,000 pool target.

I also hold Ada cardano . I hope in a future cardano price goes high and I sell all Ada and gain profit. When the market will make a bull it will also pump and it's price is also increased.

• Useful or interesting 2

It was January 4 when Ada coin hit all time  high about $1.33 USD.

After day by day price continue dumping and now price are $0.033898

But we know ada coin are most potential coin and already   number 13 in coinmarketcap according to marketcap.   

I just read some news about Cardano (ADA) and how I see they affect on price:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/cardanos-commercial-arm-to-help-uzbekistan-form-blockchain-task-force

And another news about "expect" Cardano (ADA) hard fork in February:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/cardano-co-founder-and-ceo-we-anticipate-a-hard-fork-in-mid-february

Currently Cardano (ADA) price:

USD 0.046492 (24h +9%)

BTC 0.00000536 (24h +8.90%).

On 10/2/2019 at 2:49 PM, Consignee said:

At that time, almost most of the projects got huge attention, shilling here and there and some people get in trapped in a lot of shitcoin as well, mostly the newbies who were trying to get some passive income from cryptocurrency, lol. I don't think Cardano will be much threat for ETH.

it's just the past, now it's not a problem anymore, because cardano is a threat to ETH is just an issue or HYPE, like NEO, and well, we can see for yourself, ethereum is still at the top.

Does anyone  stake ADA on incentivized testnet? If yes,  what is your criteria to choose pool for staking and how big your daily reward?

Edited by cryptex

I am holding some ada and i must say that i've been very happy about the price movement lately. Fundamentals are better then in most top coins.