What is Quote and how to use - Page 3 - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BullRunBit

What is Quote and how to use

Quote is important feature in this forum, you can reply into someone's opinion by quoting them, its great because if you have a question and wanna know more you can qoute  them to ask for more.

The quote is very needed in this forum because if you have to reply in a particular post then you should use it otherwise one may never don't that the post is replied by someone and then they compare their view with others. Otherwise it will be very difficult to do so. 

The quote is a feature of cryptotalk which through you can replay someone's comment. When someone comments in a post by using quote anyone can reply to his or her comments.

Quote is like one kind of comment reply.You can mention any comments in quotes.If you reply any comments this is a one kind of quotes

Thank you very much for your information. quote is the process for replying any user posts. if any one want to reply any particular post then he need to quote the creator post.

On 10/8/2019 at 4:27 PM, BullRunBit said:

I know it's a basic to know what is Quote on forum, but I will like to explain people how to use and why to use.

First to explain how to use:

When you open some topic and you want to post comment you use Quote option which is located on the end of that topic (or post) and when you click that option topic (on which you click Quote) is "Quote" in your comment.

You can easy to edit "Quote" when certain topic or post is quote in your  comment you can just simple delete part of quote which you want to remove, and post quote and your comment without that part which you dont want to comment.

Explain why to use:

I read a lot of comments here and when I read them I dont know with who that people talking, or they just post to all or to anyone (it's little confused, like they are bots).

Quote option you must to use when you want to give comment on certain topic or post, and when you use that option (Quote) topic or post which you comment owner of that topic or post get notification that someone comment his topic or post.

And that is the key of this option, that you can "Quote" other members topics or posts and to they get notification that someone comment directly to them, and to not comment all posts which is not instructed to us.

Thank you man. I didn't know yet. now I read it and understand.

Improve online skills and get more information about online earning https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

I figured out a feature about quoting a post, you can add multiple quotes by using the plus button this os new to me.

Quote is commonly used if you want to agree or disagree about the statement it is a method that you can reply about their thoughts and opinions.

46 minutes ago, Pinky55 said:

Usually people after posting don't turn on notification button so when you post new post then he don't get any notification so Quote is the feature using which you can reply to purticular person and that person also get notified 

I'm not sure but I dont think so that if member dont turn on Notify me of replies option they will get notification if someone quote him, but again I'm not sure because I did not try. I personally always turn on that option to get notification when someone quote me, but I dont get notification (and if I turn on that option) when someone just write reply on my topic without quote me.

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

14 hours ago, azizulhakim said:

Quote is a specific part of a comment that is marked by an user when he tries to reply. Its really important to use quotes in order to clear any confusion and giving reply to comments made by different members.

Yes, the Quote tool is very important to neutralize the person you want to respond to, but unfortunately there are some people who quote the entire topic, no matter how long and this causes some inconvenience and slow pages as a result of long quotes. I hope the members gather to read this topic so that they will learn how to quote a part of the topic and not the entire topic.

On 08.10.2019 at 18:27, BullRunBit said:

I know it's a basic to know what is Quote on forum, but I will like to explain people how to use and why to use.

First to explain how to use:

When you open some topic and you want to post comment you use Quote option which is located on the end of that topic (or post) and when you click that option topic (on which you click Quote) is "Quote" in your comment.

You can easy to edit "Quote" when certain topic or post is quote in your  comment you can just simple delete part of quote which you want to remove, and post quote and your comment without that part which you dont want to comment.

Explain why to use:

I read a lot of comments here and when I read them I dont know with who that people talking, or they just post to all or to anyone (it's little confused, like they are bots).

Quote option you must to use when you want to give comment on certain topic or post, and when you use that option (Quote) topic or post which you comment owner of that topic or post get notification that someone comment his topic or post.

And that is the key of this option, that you can "Quote" other members topics or posts and to they get notification that someone comment directly to them, and to not comment all posts which is not instructed to us.

I agree, but when I see a message written without an addressee to whom it is sent, then I consider this answer or an addition to the topic.

23 hours ago, Awaisu said:

This is required actually as I obtain seen loads of posters on the forum not paying mind to the subject to a certain extent they run early with compost post. With this labors from the Mods must be as a advance cryptocurrency forum that will twitch the crypto enthusiasts.

I hope I understand what you want to tell.

Yes I can agree that some members just write and disregarding on what is the point of topic.

And that leads to that we have discussion that leads nowhere, because of that I create this topic to explain members that this function "quote" is here for a reason.

P.S. this is not moderators problem this problem/mistake of members which obvious dont know how to write on forum.

On 1/11/2020 at 6:22 PM, Pinky55 said:

Usually people after posting don't turn on notification button so when you post new post then he don't get any notification so Quote is the feature using which you can reply to purticular person and that person also get notified 

Yes it's a very good feature, I use it all the time to discuss with other members and talk if something good or bad to explain or to add on any comments or post

20 hours ago, JustieJuce777 said:

I would love to quote in this forum. It makes the exchange on a topic more coherent and continuous. However, if the citation is deleted, my answer will also be deleted.

This is a big problems of quote is as you said if the comments was deleted your comment quite will be deleted too abd that it's not really fair as we want to be because there some good information in any comments we can't delete all like that

5 hours ago, scorpiali said:

This is a big problems of quote is as you said if the comments was deleted your comment quite will be deleted too abd that it's not really fair as we want to be because there some good information in any comments we can't delete all like that

Anyhow will be deleted, with quote or without. I think bigger problem is members which dont use quote at all, they just write their opinion and as if they were not addressing anyone.

2 minutes ago, Maraj77 said:

If you quote anyone post then you can reply others post. And I think this is very good option to get solution. I am also use quote and reply others comments.          

I dont understand what you mean? Do you know difference between topic and post?

You write that if you quote someone you can reply to others posts, what you mean exactly?

P.S. Why you did not use quote for this post? If you use quote.

57 minutes ago, BullRunBit said:

Anyhow will be deleted, with quote or without. I think bigger problem is members which dont use quote at all, they just write their opinion and as if they were not addressing anyone

Yes this is also another problems just write the comments and put some questions too without any quote, I don't know who can answer her questions without quote any one LOL