What is Quote and how to use - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BullRunBit

What is Quote and how to use

I know it's a basic to know what is Quote on forum, but I will like to explain people how to use and why to use.

First to explain how to use:

When you open some topic and you want to post comment you use Quote option which is located on the end of that topic (or post) and when you click that option topic (on which you click Quote) is "Quote" in your comment.

You can easy to edit "Quote" when certain topic or post is quote in your  comment you can just simple delete part of quote which you want to remove, and post quote and your comment without that part which you dont want to comment.

Explain why to use:

I read a lot of comments here and when I read them I dont know with who that people talking, or they just post to all or to anyone (it's little confused, like they are bots).

Quote option you must to use when you want to give comment on certain topic or post, and when you use that option (Quote) topic or post which you comment owner of that topic or post get notification that someone comment his topic or post.

And that is the key of this option, that you can "Quote" other members topics or posts and to they get notification that someone comment directly to them, and to not comment all posts which is not instructed to us.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

47 minutes ago, aeiouc said:

Quota is good for reference. But I believe the final text becomes very large, and it even hinders the overall view.

Just a few lines and more...
It could be ideal.

You can change Quote easy, just delete part you dont want to be Quote.

People must to know that forum is not place where you write unrelated, you must to know (to Quote) exactly about what you want to write.

And we have promote in this forum to get paid for posts, and I think is necessary to pay attention on such a things.

Tomorrow we will see here bounty or signarute campaign and who will accept posts where some person write unrelated with topic or just post some thing which dont have any sesne. I dont like to write about all this, but sometimes I can not be quiet. 😀

1 hour ago, Mad Robot said:

Why did you post this topic here?

This is not a tutorial. You don't even provide any picture.

Add pictures please.

Why tutorial need picture/s?

Only thing you need to know I write above, and if you dont understand what is "Quote" after you read than I think it's problem in your reading. 😀

And one more thing, when you use Quote you can delete some content too (which you dont want to comment).

Just simple mark content which you want to delete and press delete buttom. 😉

Nice to explain this to the new user or who don't familial with forum rules,it can helps theme to fast communicate and replay and don't lost in long list of comments 

I like this. Explaining how to use forum features is helpful especially to new members. I do see some quotes that haven't been downsized to just include a specific part of a quote. By limiting what someone uses in a quote prevents rereading an entire post a second time. Some posts can be lengthy. Quoting a post does help who one is responding too also.😊

I use the quote commonly to respond to comments that interest me and that attracts my intention and also to be certain that the member will answer me and this way we can approach the subject as if we were on a messenger but public!

21 minutes ago, hakimgentlemen said:

I use the quote commonly to respond to comments that interest me and that attracts my intention and also to be certain that the member will answer me and this way we can approach the subject as if we were on a messenger but public!

That's the way the quote works. With that discussion discussed will understand each other. I am also happy if there are users here reciprocating quotes with the aim of helping if one person does not understand.

• Useful or interesting 1

1 minute ago, speedxp said:

C'est comme ça que la citation fonctionne. Avec cette discussion discuté va se comprendre. Je suis également heureux s'il y a des utilisateurs qui citent ici des citations réciproques dans le but d'aider si une personne ne comprend pas.

Yes it's a good way to stick together and help each other because we were all new members and we had a lot of trouble understanding how the forum works and the main things when should apply

Thanks for the article,now I know) Quite useful for beginners , since not everyone uses this feature correctly

Quote is write something on someone's post. For the beginners like me, quote used for learn about the topics. Quote is very useful because we can conclude what they are talking about and when we want to write we'll never out of the topics.

Very interesting article, thanks for your information. Continue to make articles on similar topics in the future, using various evidence and facts.

а

вавпв

впавпекр

Лучшая группа по заработку: JOKER DROP 

Тут Вы найдёте кучу актуальных смех, которые помогут заработать!
Подписывайся и начнём зарабатывать вместе!!!

A quote is spoken words of a sentence by someone. A quote must be added with reference to the source. Nice to see the forum rules on the topic.

I replied to someone, posted it, then responded with a quote to another on the same thread and it combine both quotes. How do I remove the second one?

nice buddy. 👍
You make a tutorial like this, because in reality the average forum user here is only for a few sathosi, so it's only natural. If I understand the method, the Bitcointalk forum is not much different.

I was thinking about that's you are talking about forex trading cause I saw you said quote. So I was wondering you talk about quote currency and base currency as to forex.

You can read someone replied on quote for beginners it can easily understand it because it will help you. You can find other answers and replied on quote it's very useful because you can easily see the other people replied on you.  it will help you and other people thats why the quote exist

I thought that people don't need a tutorial on how to use basic functions on the forum, but still there are a great deal of people, who need them. Quote is very important website feature, which I reccomend to use.

CSGOPOLYGON.COM - 1$ CODE "FREEKOKS"

CSGOPOLYGON.COM - КОД НА 1$ "FREEKOKS"

Before I bang my head on the wall after reading all the previous comments (for reasons too inflammatory to discuss) (this section has finally been swept clean of shitposters, hooray!), I went out of my way and made this.

... ... ... ...

How To Use Quotes (on this Forum) In A Few Different Ways, Pictures Included

(I use MS Windows 7 and Firefox browser)

Full Quote (forum only):

Click on the [ Quote ] button that can be found at the bottom of someone's post:1094621303_quote01.jpg.9a9ce1d8c4e387a24c1337897d727c4c.jpg

and that quote will automatically be placed in your comment box that can be found at the bottom of your webpage. Like this:

895652318_quote02.jpg.d37da3fe3d64e24e5db08df007f0ad76.jpg

This works if you are going to comment on the same thread as the one you've quoted.

Full/Part Quote (forum only)

Highlight the items you want to quote with using either your mouse or keyboard. It should look like this:

1462669541_quote03.jpg.b76d38fee1fc6a542c7167d4802bec5b.jpg

Note that things might get messy if you try to quote with anything other than text (pictures, etc.) so you might have to clean your quote later.

A [ Quote Selection ] popup button should appear. If you click the popup, your quote will automatically appear in your comment box:

397420100_quote04.jpg.f248a60d25eeaf2a9b54b24bdaef7126.jpg

This works if you only want a piece of the full text of the one you'll quote, and also if you'll quote from someone who posted on a different thread.

Quoting from Other Sources

Highlight the items you want to quote with using either your mouse or keyboard, then copy the items ([copy] option on mouse right click, [ctrl + c] on keyboard). It should look like this:

376810937_quote05.jpg.3982bed1e8e9fc97900057d86b9e83f1.jpg

then you can paste it to your comment box:

1773427747_quote06.jpg.8fc0c6e5fb957766e3aaf833cb01db5b.jpg

Now what? Highlight the text you want to quote and press the [ Quote ] button on the toolbar of your comment box. Don't forget your source link/s, to make things legal.

1131974871_quote07.jpg.ef736090ae485b7f1b74afc6365a7894.jpg

... ... ... ...

Finally, as an example of quoting someone, I'll quote someone on page 1 of this thread:

On 10/10/2019 at 8:43 PM, Mad Robot said:

Why did you post this topic here?

This is not a tutorial. You don't even provide any picture.

Add pictures please.

I know, right?

*Sigh* too bad this picture guide is just wasted on this thread.

Edited by kyoukage01
major cleanup and editing
  • Useful or interesting 2

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

On 10/25/2019 at 7:45 PM, GhoulSlayer said:

I replied to someone, posted it, then responded with a quote to another on the same thread and it combine both quotes. How do I remove the second one?

If your posts happened to be last post on the thread and it's just few minutes interval between the post it's going to get merged. However, you can simply edit your post and delete whichever quote you wanted to remove.

9 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

Before I bang my head on the wall after reading all the previous comments (for reasons too inflammatory to discuss), I went out of my way and made this.

... ... ... ...

How To Use Quotes In A Few Different Ways, Pictures Included (I use MS Windows 7 and Firefox browser)

Full Quote (forum only):

Click on the button that can be found at the bottom of someone's post:1094621303_quote01.jpg.9a9ce1d8c4e387a24c1337897d727c4c.jpg

and that quote will automatically be placed in your comment box that can be found at the bottom of your webpage. Like this:

895652318_quote02.jpg.d37da3fe3d64e24e5db08df007f0ad76.jpg

This works if you are going to comment on the same thread as the one you've quoted.

Full/Part Quote (forum only)

Highlight the items you want to quote with using either your mouse or keyboard. It should look like this:

1462669541_quote03.jpg.b76d38fee1fc6a542c7167d4802bec5b.jpg

Note that things might get messy if you try to quote with anything other than text (pictures, etc.) so you might have to clean your quote later.

If you click the popup, your quote will automatically appear in your comment box:

397420100_quote04.jpg.f248a60d25eeaf2a9b54b24bdaef7126.jpg

This works if you only want a piece of the full text of the one you'll quote, and also if you'll quote from someone who posted on a different thread.

Quoting from Other Sources

Highlight the items you want to quote with using either your mouse or keyboard, then copy the items ([copy] option on mouse right click, [ctrl + c] on keyboard). It should look like this:

376810937_quote05.jpg.3982bed1e8e9fc97900057d86b9e83f1.jpg

then you can paste it to your comment box:

1773427747_quote06.jpg.8fc0c6e5fb957766e3aaf833cb01db5b.jpg

Now what? Highlight the text you want to quote and press the button on the toolbar of your comment box.

1131974871_quote07.jpg.ef736090ae485b7f1b74afc6365a7894.jpg

You may include the link of the source of your quote in your post.

... ... ... ...

Finally, as an example of quoting someone, I'll quote someone on page 1 of this thread:

I know, right?

Just want to add that this works the same way when using mobile. 
There’s a little glitch with the quote feature. When you click the quote button, the phone screen moves in a way that the user has to scroll back down to find the end of the quote. 
I guess this is only peculiar to mobile users as monitors have a larger screen. 

On 10/8/2019 at 11:27 AM, BullRunBit said:

I know it's a basic to know what is Quote on forum, but I will like to explain people how to use and why to use.

When you open some topic and you want to post comment you use Quote option which is located on the end of that topic (or post) and when you click that option topic (on which you click Quote) is "Quote" in your comment.

You can easy to edit "Quote" when certain topic or post is quote in your  comment you can just simple delete part of quote which you want to remove, and post quote and your comment without that part which you dont want to comment.

Explain why to use:

I read a lot of comments here and when I read them I dont know with who that people talking, or they just post to all or to anyone (it's little confused, like they are bots).

Quote option you must to use when you want to give comment on certain topic or post, and when you use that option (Quote) topic or post which you comment owner of that topic or post get notification that someone comment his topic or post.

And that is the key of this option, that you can "Quote" other members topics or posts and to they get notification that someone comment directly to them, and to not comment all posts which is not instructed to us.

Thank you a lot brother, believe it or not, but i didn't know about all this, i use it only to reply the person i want to talk about his post, but you clear everything for me, it's a very good topic for newbie and also old users, maybe i will share your topic so all my friends in social media and working in crypto talk will know about it.

Edited by bobjoemega
i need to change color it's the admin order

3 hours ago, planunker said:

This is not а аcаdemiс workоut. You dо not certаinly supply аny imagе.

I provided some for this thread, even created a whole guide for it (albeit simple). See page 2 of this thread.

My golly, how I wish thread starters on the tutorial section one-up their work a bit more. No wonder I, as a newbie, seldom visit this section!

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

On 10/8/2019 at 6:27 PM, BullRunBit said:

Explain why to use:

Indeed,there are some peoples who not concern on how they feedback on the post seriously.Instead they want to give their opinion on what they want to say on their mind. In my strategic plan, i was read all the post and make a unique feedback or reply from the post patiently. If you want my strategic way ,then i am willing to give my ideas to all of you 🙂

27 minutes ago, Cardo said:

Quote is used for everyone of us in this forum to communicate well, using quote just like commenting in the other members to answer their post or to react with their post because of confusing part. 

Some people are good or not good in constructing their sentence like me, but they want to share their ideas. So,for those person who understand their thought, they should need to correct their thoughts and make it clear so that all of the person in this forum will get the point of their ideas.

The Quote is a useful feature that we can use to notify a person that they have a response on her comments,i use it more and more if i want to have a answers for some issue

Thank you for sharing about the Quote that will be useful for me and other members. But in this forum I often see quotes with long sentences, as far as I know, they only contain a few sentences.

• +1 1