Stopping loss is an advantage to who? - Page 5 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Abo3laa

Stopping loss is an advantage to who?

Stop loss either limit or market both are beneficial for all traders, if you are in market long enough you had at least one experience of a huge change in market condition in a very short period of time, for example an altcoin could be at +20% one day and just 7-8 hour later you can wake up to -10% on the same altcoin, because of this huge volatility you should use stop loss every time.

On 2/9/2020 at 3:59 PM, bliznec said:

It is difficult to answer who the loss is for when trading a particular cryptocurrency. I think that the loss goes to the cryptocurrency on which you traded.

Stop losses can save you a lot of possible future losses. If you are afraid that you may lose, then losing is the right thing to use. The most important is knowing how to use and where to use and define our numbers

14 minutes ago, phizusiki said:

Stop losses can save you a lot of possible future losses. If you are afraid that you may lose, then losing is the right thing to use. The most important is knowing how to use and where to use and define our numbers

Stop loss on cryptocurrency trading can be determined on short positions, which is characteristic of profit. There is a definition of stop loss and is profitable for trading with cryptocurrency. But I try to take a different approach.

I disagree, stop losses is a advantage to me. Many times it has protected me from huge loss. One more advantage of using this feature is there is no need to monitor your holding daily.

On 3/6/2020 at 8:44 PM, Treat1234 said:

It is very good advantage to us to have a stop loss, because it will serve as an advantage to reduce the loss of our capital

with a limit that's right for me, I think it will help you minimize your money loss. Beginners tend to be short patient and think that if they hold it for too long, they can lose more than they have lost. We must be familiar with how and where it has been used and added modifications that we should label as a stop-loss as a significant issue in the whole process.

In trading just always remember that you can't earn as always there are times that you might loss your earning because it happens normally in trading. And i believe even the best traders in the cryptoworld experienced loss of funds. So that never loose hope always continue on what goal you want to achieve even you loss there's a time you will win the success by pursuing and not by quiting so easily always work hard.

The stop loss is used to enter into another profitable trade rather than waiting for a long time for the currency to rise again

Life is great and enjoy it

On 1/31/2020 at 3:48 PM, Abo3laa said:

I think all traders who use stop loss in their trades don't have the patience to practice trading 

By using this option, we can take advantage of more opportunities. This option is also particularly effective in the event of bearish periods (which can be very long): your funds will have been converted before reaching a too low level so you will be able to buy at the lowest price while the other traders will have to wait for a possible rise in price...

Free $0.50 daily paid in Crypto -Here-
Free crypto and fresh news daily -Here-

2 days to profit -Here-

19 hours ago, phizusiki said:

with a limit that's right for me, I think it will help you minimize your money loss. Beginners tend to be short patient and think that if they hold it for too long, they can lose more than they have lost. We must be familiar with how and where it has been used and added modifications that we should label as a stop-loss as a significant issue in the whole process.

Newbies are always in panic in trading, sometimes they will be too eager to takeout their Profits and whenever they found themselves at loss, they prefer to sell it and have the little capital left, instead of holding it still the market recover

Sometimes patience does not work with the price of the currency because it continues to go down for long months, including using the stop loss early and getting your money out the best thing to do.

I agree with you but all this is for high trading coins like BTC,ETH,LTC. But cut loss is best for dump coins. We know dump coin didn't get up so early. I bought Atomix and yet i am waiting for it's price up but it's price going down and down.

in cryptocurrency trading or any other kind of trading stoploss is very important some months ago I started trading I really have no idea about it so I made loss around $137 just because of this small mistake 

• +2 1

The stop loss feature is very useful, I don't know why you're not using it
Perhaps you got caught up in something with this advantage, and you will not miss the opportunity to withdraw when you start losing

• +2 1

32 minutes ago, sidalilaroma85 said:

Of course the stop loss is in the intress of the trader to avoid him to loss big if the price do some unaccepted movement, wherever in the cryptocurncies trading or on the forex trading, so for me i advice to put a SL 

It is as you said. That problem is that the OP did not understand that SL is required for day trading and not for investing. Indeed stop loss is standard.

On 1/31/2020 at 9:48 PM, Abo3laa said:

I think all traders who use stop loss in their trades don't have the patience to practice trading 
Since you're a trader you're you'll get profit and losses as we know that the movement of the market volatile, sometimes the price is high and sometimes the opposite, but as you move down the price of course will rise maybe the same day or after several days. 
Then why do you use the benefit of stopping the loss, which, if the currency reaches the specified price, will inevitably lose? 
Why don't you just hang in there and make some money? 
For me, I don't use that quality. I've always been patient. 
How about you, buddy?

The point is in every trade we have to look at the market frequently, because the price fluctuates very quickly and if you don't want to miss the moment of price increase you have to be in the market often, it doesn't matter if you don't want to use stop loss or want to use it, most importantly is staying in the market all the time.

In my experience, is very important to use stop loss because it will reduce loss in case you have made a wrong prediction. Make research and you will believe, even expert traders are using SL and they recommend it more than anything.

• +1 1

@Abo3laai'm like you freind, in trading when i buy and the price down i buy another quantity and the buying price will be the average for those two buying orders, then i'm make my sell order with 3% of earning, this is my method in trading.

Friend stopping loss means that you exit trade after price goes against your trade. If you trade with levrage you need it but I like trade with spot and no levrage that makes most of traders loose money and not earn. Spot does not go to zero and liqudate you.

It is not about patience it is always a wise decission to stop the loss instead of keeping the trade active and lose all the money or capital that is ben invested in the trade.

Stop loss tool is for those traders who do not want to see the excessive loss while performing some sorts of cryptocurrency tradings. You know it may take a long time to give a price raise for some important assets so smart and active traders already cut the losses to minimize the further risks of loosing. For example if you are currently attempting to sell BTC at $12000 but not sure its further losses and prepared to set stop loss at $11500. After a few hours you noticed price of BTC dropped to $9000 and stays around it for 6 months, does not it seem good? 

Edited by Whited35
Minor error in texts.
  • +5 1

Using a stop loss must be able to set the correct limits and workings as needed. I think stop loss in trading is necessary so I have no reason not to use this feature, the market is very volatile, so stop loss trading is necessary so that if there is a significant price drop we don't lose all available money.

hah I absolutely disagree with the opinion given here. really why use stop loss if you can lose all your money, catch liquidation deposits? with this approach, no matter how careful you are and no matter how carefully you analyze the graphs, soon you will be bankrupt, my friend

I think that determining or stopping the stop loss will depend on the long or short term strategy you use. However, you can determine what your maximum loss could be, although you will always have and thus be able to protect yourself and not lose more than expected

Stoploss are very important for scalpers and for certain day trading or swing trading techniques in stocks, indices, forex and commodities.
For cryptocurrencies there is debate because there is so much volatility that it is sometimes difficult to put a stop.
The best on crypto (excluding derivatives) is above all to choose several cryptos and adopt a smoothing and rotation strategy.
For example every month or week always put the same amount of money on the top 5 of the crypto ranking and that these are up or down.
This makes it possible to average if it falls or to increase the position if it goes up with sometimes not always the same 5 cryptos.
This is the technique used by some investment funds.

On 1/31/2020 at 7:48 AM, Abo3laa said:

Since you're a trader you're you'll get profit and losses as we know that the movement of the market volatile, sometimes the price is high and sometimes the opposite, but as you move down the price of course will rise maybe the same day or after several days. 
Then why do you use the benefit of stopping the loss, which, if the currency reaches the specified price, will inevitably lose? 
Why don't you just hang in there and make some money? 
For me, I don't use that quality. I've always been patient. 
How about you, buddy?

It is like a margin of loss that you assume in case the currency drops a lot in price then there the stop lost enters, preferably lost