Dai Coin always worth US$1.00 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Art

Dai Coin always worth US$1.00

I recently found out that Dai is a decentralized stablecoin running on the Ethereum blockchain. It aims to always be worth one US dollar.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 3
  • +3 1

That's just a matter of opinion. Bitcoin is the mother of crypto currencies. The Dai coin will hold the value even when the other currencies are going down. Then, you can rebuy the coins at a lower value. That's common sense to me.

• +2 1

4 hours ago, nitsubosu said:

Of course, not and as far as I know there was a cryptocurrency that was released before bitcoin and it was not successful. I don't remember that coin but you can research it has the problems that bitcoin was able to solve like the double spending. Bitcoin is only goes first if we a talk about a breakthrough on cryptography. I believe that its the community who supports it makes the most of its value.

Hi, I never heard this thing about a Cryptocurrency that exists before Bitcoin. I tried in Google, but didn't get the name of coin and read 2 of the articles too.

https://hackernoon.com/the-amazing-story-of-cryptocurrencies-before-bitcoin-fe1b0e55155b

Can you get the name of coins which were before Bitcoin launch.

For the Op

What could be the profit in buying such coin when it is always of $1. If the price increases or decreases, then people could get profits or loss.

5 hours ago, Art said:

I recently found out that Dai is a decentralized stablecoin running on the Ethereum blockchain. It aims to always be worth one US dollar.

The buying procedure is complicated and in addition it has a slow-moving. The mechanism is complex with a stable currency covered by a very volatile currency.

Hahaha!! Fathers don't give birth. Period!!! That the jobs of mothers. So henceforth, BTC gave birth to a whole new world of investing and creating of new financial information. All other Crypto currencies are totally dependent on the value of BTC.

That's my understanding as well about Dai. Sometimes I wonder what is the best use of Dai? Anyone knows when is the best time to invest in Dai token?

• +1 1

yes dai and an excellent stablecoin, now there is an excellent opportunity you can do stake on the eidoo wallet (through compound) and get interest of about 8% ...

• +2 1

El Dai o cualquier otra moneda estable es ideal para refugiarse en los mercados bajistas y así mantener las ganancias obtenidas en grandes aumentos.
Obtuve alrededor de $ 6 gratis en coinbase que cambió a btc.

Edited by BatR70

1 0 US $ EOS https://coinbase.com/earn/eos/invite/08q3vn46     

10 US $ XLM https://coinbase.com/earn/xlm/invite/74mpr81f    

That sound like something interesting. We can buy Dai when Btc is low and sell Dai when Btc is high. I never thought of that strategy. I'm wondering if Dai is the only crypto currency with a stable $1.00.

image.png.dcc74f03ca0b3afc40f21b46173f1af1.png

What exactly are you doing here .... except for COPY/PASTING looks like you are talking to yourself .

Random generic comments for peanuts

2 hours ago, phabulu said:

It's to avoid loses I think, you only lose if first inflation goes crazy, dai aways worth 1$, so it's good to trade, btc up, you buy dai, btc fall you sell dai and buy btc

Who will do that thing, why people want to sell DAI when they are in loss? Any idea. Your suggestion is good, but we all are here to make profit without loss.

Buy Dai when BTC is low

Do you like to sell during that time?

sell Dai when BTC is high

Do you like to buy When BTC is high?

stable coins will always be like that,
if more than 1 usd, maybe a little difference, not until it falls or rises very sharply,
stable coins are used to secure assets from a severe market dumb.
but unfortunately now a lot of stablecoin that appears, and the severity does not have a clear back up.

8 hours ago, hexwin said:

image.png.dcc74f03ca0b3afc40f21b46173f1af1.png

What exactly are you doing here .... except for COPY/PASTING looks like you are talking to yourself .

Random generic comments for peanuts

I was responding to a member's comment on the Dai coin. I've just learned how to reply to a specific comment like yours. It's all good now.

1 hour ago, Dot1988 said:

here is some action starting on a new exchange i have listed below. come on over and join in. �the dev should update the op soon.

what are you talking about? I don't see anything that you are referring to. What is the name of this new exchange? Which country is it set up in?

There are many stablecoin like DAI, and that is what is called stablecoin
Stablecoin will continue to be 1 $ and become one of the favorite trading pairs that I use

27 minutes ago, yukihirasoma said:

There are many stablecoin like DAI, and that is what is called stablecoin
Stablecoin will continue to be 1 $ and become one of the favorite trading pairs that I use

I thought that Dai was the only stablecoin. Can you give the name of another stable coin? I will be surely interested in knowing more stablecoins. Do they all worth $1?

On 10/8/2019 at 11:11 AM, Art said:

I dont think so all stablecoin has not stay in $1.00 it may up a little or may down a little,thats because it was traded thats the essence out of it most of all stablecoins, backed or pegged in US$ is not stay in exactly $1.00 US$ USDT,USDC,TUSD, etc. and DAI is not excempted of this truth.

31 minutes ago, zaka said:

My brother can not be any work to settle in one price all the time no matter what because it has to increase demand for them, which leads to rise and vice versa when increasing supply

As stated on Coinbase: "Dai is a stablecoin that aims to be worth exactly one US dollar." It has a stable price because it "is made possible by one of the world’s largest decentralized applications, an open source project called Maker."

1 hour ago, ProWas said:

Interesting that DAI is stablecoin... i like it all the more now. If they think its worth a dollar I am getting them on the cheap now. 

Very interesting. Do you want to share how it is that you are getting the Dai token cheap.

10 hours ago, Art said:

I thought that Dai was the only stablecoin. Can you give the name of another stable coin? I will be surely interested in knowing more stablecoins. Do they all worth $1?

There are many stable coins besides DAI, namely USDT, TUSD, USDC
Only that much stablecoin I know for now and of course they are always worth 1$

10 hours ago, icycool said:

I just checked it on google and its price is 1.02$. It's not exactly 1$ it seems. Sometimes 0.98$ sometime 1.02$. I wonder how long it can remain stable. Steem SBD is 0.71$ now. 😒

I believe it will maintain its $1 status. The developers say it will not lose its value because of the way the program is design. 

5 hours ago, tokensandtokens said:

What's stopping its code from vulnerabilities like last time? DAI could lose its stability again.

The way to answer your concern is to watch the attached video. 

31 minutes ago, rajib7970 said:

If you invest in these coins you will never face losses in USD.

No one thinks that they are investing in these coins. Stable coins are only useful in short time trade to leverage the market. 

6 minutes ago, davids said:

Technically, it is backed by fiat. stablecoins seek to decrease the volatility so often seen in traditional cryptocurrencies. 

Well stable coin can have a little volatility and risk too. Remember years ago the rumor going around tether and bitfinex? People were really worried to use tether that time and it really dropped 2% to 3% at that time.

there are many well known stable coins out there, like tether and pax and true usd and much more

what this one has to do among them ?

On 10/8/2019 at 6:11 AM, Art said:

So Dai coin is a stable coin. It has some serious competition since there are many stable coins out there and the market is getting flooded. They will have to do a lot to stand out from the rest

On 10/8/2019 at 4:11 AM, Art said:

I believe that's the aim of stable coins. You can always use them to retain the value of your crypto assets instead of letting the Worth drop as price goes down, you can use buy into stable coins and buy back to BTC or ether and to any other coin/token that's not paired directly to them. 

Earn free Ethereum every 1 Hour

https://free-ethereum.io/?referer=243721