Why is Bitcoin so volatile? - Page 4 - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Art

Why is Bitcoin so volatile?

I think if the all peoples in the world will accept bitcoin as a payment like a virtual currency then i am sure the price of bitcoin will be stable in the future, and very soon we will see this dream in our real life.

7 hours ago, reuben787 said:

The value is volatile because people panic buy and sell all the time with bitcoin. This is what causes those crazy swings in the graph, but as per your confusion there shouldnt be any try and buy the dip and avoid ATHs.

Those crazy swings in the graph is made by those whales. Due to its limited supply and most of the big holders are the reason why bitcoin is so volatile they can easily control the market movement with their massive holdings.

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR SALE PM ME!

On 10/8/2019 at 9:43 AM, Art said:

I'm still trying to understand why Btc is so volatile. There is so much noise in the crypto-world, telling me that it's time for Btc to rise. But each time it kept going down. 

This is basic for crypto users, you should know. Because crypto is decentral, no one holds the power to determine value. Decentralized nature makes the user can determine the value with different percentage of demand. It results in the value that often changes or volatility in cryptocurrency.

Bitcoins value will always be volatile but it doesn't mean bitcoin will gone because as you can see bitcoin's value as of now always increase so its good to hear especially to those people who earn bitcoin like in this site or forum your earning bitcoin so its good to hear that bitcoin is increasing rapidly.

Why is bitcoin so volatile? I think this is because of people or investors who keeps on buying and holding bitcoins and those sellers who have been holding their bitcoin for quite some times then suddenly wanted to sell their coins just because they've already reached their market or they got carried away by what they call panic. I think these are some reasons why bitcoin is just so volatile.

13 minutes ago, Digicoin said:

Bitcoin is violated because it is regulated and controlled to some extent by the whales. Also by positive or negative news. 

I think bitcoin is volatile because there is no one who's are available in the world of bitcoin to full of control bitcoin price is increasing and decreasing in the price through the demand and supply formula.

SIGNATURE SPACE AVAILABLE FOR RENT 

Bitcoin is so volatile because:
The price of crypto depends on market prices, namely demand and supply. The influence of news in the mass media that can affect prices. The value of cryptocurrency depends in part on hype. There are no cryptocurrency regulations. Many investors who do not understand tax is one for volatility.

• +1 1

Well, the ongoing increased demand for the bitcoin among the people leads to the fluctuations in its price. Thus, its popularity makes it highly volatile as result of it, its demand increases thereby making its prices sky-rocketed... Thus, volatility is one of the key factors which offers great chances and makes possible to earn some magnificent amount of profit through it...

It is about the law of supply and demand. If people are using bitcoin a lot. It just only mean that if people will mine bitcoin a lot, there would be larger possibility that the value will increase while if people are going to be lazy with mining then the value will decrease and it is not a good thing for us.

On 10/8/2019 at 6:24 AM, 1millionClub said:

Bitcoin is volatile because the supply distribution still continues. There are many people who enter the space just to get rich quick and they leave bitcoin just as fast. When this era ends bitcoin will be like gold. It will be very hard to move it.

This is one of the most sensible things I've heard. I've not thought of it in those terms before. It's almost similar to an ICO that is in the first few mins. Up and down like crazy. Then the dust settles once its all distributed. 

As a whole digital market is an unstable one because too many factors affect it. Bitcoin has the most unstable value due to its fame and scarce supply. This is why even a little increase in support changes the value a lot and a slight reduction devalues it more than our estimations. Compare to this, altcoins do not show great fluctuations as they are available in large amount and not supported by millions of people.

This should continue to decrease as time goes on, imo.It is traded without any limits on the free market, without any regulations. There are no unions or whatever to keep the prices artificially high or artificially low. Government has no influence on bitcoin's price. These are main reasons why bitcoin prices are volatile as it is.However, we are seeing a gradual decrease in volatility.

It is due to the volatility of bitcoin by which traders gain profits with the difference in price.Bitcoin is not controlled by any central body since it is a decentralized currency.Its price changes in proportion to increase or decrease in demand for bitcoins.But fiat currencies are controlled by governments and hence its price remains stable.

The community can make this volatility happens because its matter their demands since bitcoin is know nowadays.bitcoin is decentralized and there is a lot of take control to it. That's the thing make bitcoin volatile, a possible fluctuation of prices every time. A simple theory may implies, when the demand is high the price is high and if the demand is low the price is low also.

In a decentralized world who has more coins control the market, from my experience on Crypto-Currency world that is what I see. The little investors are just the little fishes on the sea, nothing they do cause a big impact.I'm not saying with 100% sure, but seems it's the speculation what makes the volatility so high. Big holders, the whales, choose when provoke flutuations, making profit from trading this way

Bitcoin is volatile because there is no central authority controlling it, so people will only think if they should invest much on it, it may crash some day.

On 10/8/2019 at 8:13 AM, Art said:

I'm still trying to understand why Btc is so volatile. There is so much noise in the crypto-world, telling me that it's time for Btc to rise. But each time it kept going down. What's the art in deciding when it's the best time to invest in Btc.

No one knows when is the best time to buy Bitcoin, but a lot of members are ready to buy at $8k here in our local regions. I would suggest for Holding right now and sell later if possible.

Bitcoin price is always volatile because people buy and sell as their wishes.

I think Btc is very volatile not only because of demand and supply but it is also because it has not gain general and global acceptance yet. That is why btc  holders rush to sell because of FUD and that will directly affect the rate of volatility.

3 hours ago, miran523 said:

I think Btc is very volatile not only because of demand and supply but it is also because it has not gain general and global acceptance yet. That is why btc  holders rush to sell because of FUD and that will directly affect the rate of volatility.

According to me due to the volatility most of the peoples are like bitcoin for the purpose of  increasing their assets very easily.

SIGNATURE SPACE AVAILABLE FOR RENT 

Volatility is a good thing, if you know how to go flow with it.Even though it is regulated by the government, bitcoin will still not become stable because bitcoin is being manipulated by the whales since they got a lot of money and the natural behavior of bitcoin is being volatile so it will not be changed and the one that is going to adjust is the trader and investor.

Yes, demand and supply can determine prices and apparently, because of fear, the demand is diminished, and it cannot recover easily. It is clear from the last movements that the passing time was helpful. But, as obscurity continues, it needs more evidence to find the right direction.

But now we have seen a positive trend, as evidenced by the rising price of Bitcoin in the past few hours. Well that Bitcoin price increase has also made a positive change to all existing Altcoin. Now we must maintain this condition and at the same time try to increase confidence in digital currency.The demand factor is a determinant of whether bitcoin will have a positive movement or negative movement. Currently the market is experiencing a condition that is not too good so that there are various panic from users of crypto and especially Bitcoin.

Bitcoin has no indentation in general because cryptocurrency is still in a new phase but also investigates the Bitcoin that is able to have the highest price in the market in exchange.What I do know is one of the reasons why the value of watching Bitcoin fluctuations is determined by the number of transactions and no sales restrictions.

Same to you,  i don't know too why the bitcoin was extremely volatile. It could rise and go down up to the lowest price of it and go back to the original price and sometimes it will exceed to it. But why the price of bitcoin was extremely volatile?  Enlighten me. Thanks. 

Furthermore, a population has various risk appetites. Naturally, the ones that are willing to take the risk step in first. But them stepping in, lowers the risk for the next group. And this process repeats until full adoption occurs.If volatility was that bad, theoretically we shouldn't see bitcoin constantly rising. But it is. I think that suggests that people using that argument should go back to the drawing board.