What do you know about digital dust? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Loly

What do you know about digital dust?

Something strange happened to me some time ago, when I noticed that small quantities of a cryptocurrency had arrived in my wallet, which did not exceed a few cents.  I was amazed at this, and upon researching and exploring, I discovered what is called digital dust.  A Dusting attack is defined as a new type of malicious activity in which hackers attempt to violate the privacy of Bitcoin users and cryptocurrencies by sending small amounts of currency to their personal wallets and many Bitcoin owners believe that their identity is well protected from attempts to infiltrate and view their transactions  Unfortunately, this is not true.

Did it happen with you like this?  That is, to have currencies link you to your digital wallets without knowing their source? 

Is this dangerous as I read it? 

How do we avoid the risks of this phenomenon?

I sometimes notice that a small amount of currency gets to my wallet but I don't care about it. I don't give this matter any importance.  But according to your words we must think about the reasons for this and how to protect from the risks of this.

• Useful or interesting 1

that's is very strange.

the same happened to me yesterday and i was wondering where it did came from.

actually I didn't have any idea about it

what do you think i should do to protect my wallet from this kind of attack? 

Actually it happened to me once, but I got hacked because of someone deposited an amount of etherium in my myetherwallet after that he withdraw some amount of coins to his wallet, and I understood that this deposit was made by him to cover the fees of withdrawal 

Yes this is also happened with me in myetherwallet. Someone sent me UBC coin and I try to withdraw that coin but this coin was not going anywhere. Digital dust is very way to steal others money.

Yes sometimes this is like a miracle for us, getting a small amount of coins in our wallet suddenly. Sometimes we do have to anticipate from all this, whether this is dangerous or not, obviously we have to find out where the source is coming from.

Nice subject. thank you, my friend, for the warning. 
I've got with me, but I didn't know who to send little money to my wallet if this is an attempt to hack my wallet 
Can you tell us how to protect my money from this trick?

Well you can create more wallets, and store your majority of the coins there, and the wallet you have, dust as you say, come in, let it come in and accept it gratefully, and enjoy the money. Try cold wallets, they are the best I guess.

Personally, I did not experience this problem. But after hearing the illustration that was conveyed. It seems like it has happened before and indeed these people send us tokens to our wallets.

Digital dust -  tiny electronic devices in the form of dust particles ,which contain sensors and can be used for wireless communication.

In other terms -Digital means data ,virtual and immaterial ,its black and white ,crisp demarcated ,perfectly defined .Dust is grey and deeply ,existentially fuzzy.

Edited by Akasshh

10 hours ago, Loly said:

Something strange happened to me some time ago, when I noticed that small quantities of a cryptocurrency had arrived in my wallet, which did not exceed a few cents.  I was amazed at this, and upon researching and exploring, I discovered what is called digital dust.  A Dusting attack is defined as a new type of malicious activity in which hackers attempt to violate the privacy of Bitcoin users and cryptocurrencies by sending small amounts of currency to their personal wallets and many Bitcoin owners believe that their identity is well protected from attempts to infiltrate and view their transactions  Unfortunately, this is not true.

Did it happen with you like this?  That is, to have currencies link you to your digital wallets without knowing their source? 

Yes i have experienced with such type of dust coins appears in my wallets. In bitcoin wallet and also in ehtereum wallet too. Fortunately these were extra wallets of mine which have very less amount of funds like only some cents. Then i leave that wallets to use. 

I never noticed that there is such a phenomenon, digital dust. This may be due to the fact that this effect is being converted. 

This also happens to me, but im not woried since the wallet im using can only be accessed using my finger print, its a mobile wallet and i have my own private key. Also the device i use for my wallet is often offline. This dusting scam reminds me somewhat of simcard swap scam in the way the hackers collect info by doing exploratory phone calls to check if a phone number is valid.

Epic Wuz HiR🤤🤤🥵

12 hours ago, Loly said:

I didn’t understand where is danger here  no hacker in the world can steel your crypto form you by sending few of them to you , could you clearfy more how this could happen and where is risk here. 

❤️🖤👍

BetFury Twitter |📩Telegram | 🎲You play - We pay 🎲 |YouTube 🍿| Reddit 🕹 Free BTC 1800 Satoshi every day

I have no idea about digital dust, but I have already heard some reports about this digital dust But without details of big information, but with your topic you have did a good job to explain us about this digital dust, so thank you about!

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

I sometimes notice that a small amount of currency gets to my wallet but I don't care about it. I don't give this matter any importance.  But according to your words we must think about the reasons for this and how to protect from the risks of this.

Just make sure you don't do anything weird with your wallet and don't use it on unsafe websites and try to not keep all your money in one place

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                            bf_320x100.png

18 hours ago, Loly said:

I have seen many give aways on twitter they want people BTC ,ETH address for give away.Then they sell these addresses to hackers.So the hackers send small amount of BTC to the account and then they made contact with you on your social media account.I have heard these cases.So always secure your BTC Address.

12 hours ago, Khanbaba said:

Yeah Actually i have not knowledge about digital dust but i think this is scammers. There were many scammers are staying with internet and its called digital dust.

In the world of digital currencies, the word "dust" means any small amount of currencies or symbols. The amount is usually so small that it is often forgotten or ignored. Any amount smaller than a few hundred satoshi can be referred to as dust.

On 1/29/2020 at 11:14 PM, Loly said:

A dust attack might not look dangerous at first glance, but the motives behind this are certainly worth considering, and I would certainly be alarmed if it happens with my account. It certainly means that someone is targetting your account and you should worry about this and take measures to secure your privacy and funds.

On 1/29/2020 at 10:14 PM, Loly said:

And then what happens ? Do they make an attempt to steal from your wallet ? What would be the use I'm thinking. Is this really hacking or are these staking awards ?

Get $10,- for signing up with Coinbase. Already have a Coinbase account? Get up to $186,- for free by learning about crypto.

I don't have any idea about this digital dust thing, it's a really interesting and good news or information. Most of us here in crypto world think that we are safe, but we are wrong because hackers can always find way on how they will breach or infiltrate a system.

I have no idea that these things exists, although I have not been in the cryptocurrency world for a long period of time. I have not encountered this and do not know much about it but it is pretty interesting. 

On 1/29/2020 at 10:14 PM, Loly said:

you can avoid the track from the people who send you the dust, using wallets that have the"do not spend" function.

doing this you will not spend those dust coins making new transactions, doing this they are not able to define your wallets