Cryptopia Hack/Liquidation - Page 5 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BullRunBit

Cryptopia Hack/Liquidation

Hacking of crypto platforms has increased in the recent period, and the most famous of which was the hacking of the Cryptopia platform where hackers were able to steal millions of dollars of cryptocurrencies for users of this platform and this is very negative and negatively affects the crypto world

11 hours ago, Volkernoll said:

wording by cryptopia:

We expect the claims registration process to be open by the end of the year.

Our next statutory report is due for release December 2020 but we will update stakeholders further in the lead up to the launch of the claims process prior to this.

E90CB80B-6CE4-4E27-BACB-A8A3D8D6CCFA.jpeg

Yes this is last update.

And it's important because this is steps how users will return their coins, and good thing is that maybe will start at the end of the year.

P.S. You could to write something more, like your opinion about this not just few words.

11 hours ago, Moaz said:

Hacking of crypto platforms has increased in the recent period, and the most famous of which was the hacking of the Cryptopia platform where hackers were able to steal millions of dollars of cryptocurrencies for users of this platform and this is very negative and negatively affects the crypto world

Not just about cryptocurrency, it's about that users can not hold their coins on exchange (if they are holders).

Big lesson.

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

Hopefully they don't hack my BTC account. Even though I don't have many hahaha !!
ADA is a very good project, also Chainlink

11 hours ago, Eklat said:

cryptopia case is very simple because they had very weak security and the hacker was able to get in easily and thats their fault because with all the money they make from listing fees and also trading fees they shouldve made a better security team, now i dont know if they will ever repay their customers at all.

I really dont understand you, and this is like many comments "will ever repay their customers at all".

Did you see reports? Do you check at all their twitter account? Did you see comment above from your?

This is really for - reputation points, I understand that you are new here but try to read comments before you write.

Or at least try to research about you talking about. Users of Cryptopia wait over 1 year for such a report (last one) and you write comment "will ever repay" come on! :classic_dry:

As for me, they can simply cheat there, so I would advise you to use service monitoring where you can definitely exchange your bitcoins for fiat and get less risk🙂

4 hours ago, minners said:

No brother , we can trust on exchange who provide insurance against your fund like yobit , binance , poloniex etc all these are are good and yobit return to many times money to their traders if any trader hacked then yobit return their amount from its reserve fund this service is really great.

What you talking about? When Yobit was hacked?

And what you thing when you say "yobit return to many times money"?

And for sure it's better to hold your coins in your wallet (if you are holder) than to hold on any exchange.

If you are trader you just send coins with which you want to trade.

4 hours ago, sektor63 said:

As for me, they can simply cheat there, so I would advise you to use service monitoring where you can definitely exchange your bitcoins for fiat and get less risk🙂

I dont understand, how this have any connection with Cryptopia?

And what means "service monitoring"?

On 9/30/2020 at 8:16 PM, Yomose said:

At least, if they can not pay all their users, while not pay half or some parts of the funds. But, I noticed they are not ready to pay anything. But the matter is not your over. 

i think it would be better to just give up on hopes of ever getting your money back from cryptopia, they are not giving any hints of even going back up soon so even just pay the people back. if you see how long it took mtgox to actually pay their customers back..you will give up on cryptopia for sure.

• +2 1

If hack crypto users definetly loose amount of money that could be paid them back and there must loose for crypto also because users may discouraged

24 minutes ago, duncun007 said:

i think it would be better to just give up on hopes of ever getting your money back from cryptopia, they are not giving any hints of even going back up soon so even just pay the people back. if you see how long it took mtgox to actually pay their customers back..you will give up on cryptopia for sure.

Did you saw comments below this one? Did you read a tweet/s/update/s which they share?

And I dont think so that is good advice, to give up.

Why will? That is his coins/tokens and he must to get back that coins/tokens.

From last update "form" for returning coins/tokens back maybe will be at the end of the year, last update:

And here you can see steps:

On 9/30/2019 at 1:55 PM, BullRunBit said:

It's pass over one month more without our coins (not important is hack coin or not).

To remind:

- Cryptopia was hacked on 13.01.2019, hacked coins ETH and ERC20 tokens

- Cryptopia open Deposit and Withdraw for BTC,LTC and DOGE on 15.04.2019 (3 months after hack, and withdraw only for selected coins)

- Cryptopia putt site into maintenance on 26.04.2019 (10 days after Deposit and Withdraw open they putt site info maintenance with message "No panic")

- Cryptopia "Limited appoints Grant Thornton as Liquidators" on 14.05.2019 (after around 20 days into maintenance they share this with this message "No panic" 😀)

Now is around 4.5 months after they share info about liquidation, and over one month without any report.

Last report was https://www.grantthornton.co.nz/update-for-cryptopia-account-holders-20-august-2019/ 

I will share all info here, I really hope that we will get our coins back soon.

Saving our cryptocurrencies in any exchange always carries risks, that is why they should only be used to buy and sell the cryptocurrencies that interest us, but we must never store them there, we must always do it in a wallet in which we have total control of our private keys

5 hours ago, satoshifactory said:

Saving our cryptocurrencies in any exchange always carries risks, that is why they should only be used to buy and sell the cryptocurrencies that interest us, but we must never store them there, we must always do it in a wallet in which we have total control of our private keys

I agree with you that people can not use exchange like a wallet.

But again, if you are trader you will always have some coins on exchange/s which means that you will always risk.

However, it would be better to not send all your coins on exchange than just coins with which you want to trade.

Maybe it's not bad idea to use wallet exchange, for example some wallets have exchange on their wallet but I did not use I can not say how reliable it is.

users were scared because of hack and maybe it was not profitable to work again, unfortunately it suffered this hacker attack and the exchange ended up going into liquidation process

• +1 1

On 11/3/2020 at 6:44 AM, HanSerb said:

It will be a shock for cryptopia users, I believe there should be something users can try to do like suing the exchange to court, there even if it is part of it the exchange will pay back will be good, rather than paying nothing. 

Please try to follow topic, because like person which you quote "ended up going into liquidation process" and that was before few months (maybe year). And from last update form for withdraw/get back coins users will get in December this year probably. Which means to bring the process to an end.

On 11/6/2020 at 2:55 AM, Victoria' said:

this is really bad exchange i also see public review that they have lost their fund in that exchange because they wasn't get time to withdraw their funds . this one the only reason that i will never trust on this kind of exchange.

From my experiences I agree with you, exchanges are not wallets and it's not ok to hold your coins on exchanges. Only if you want to trade with that coins, but if you want to hold (long term) it's better to hold in wallet (with back up).

Cryptopia exchange suffered a major breach and it's affected 2.3 million account holder from all around the world. Cryptopia went into liquidation on May 15 after a major hack that drained as estimate $16 million worth of crypto Last year . Most recently the stolen funds are currently moving out of hackers wallet and onto various exchange

I sincerely hope that everyone's money is refunded; this is a terrible situation. In the crypto sector, 2019 was a bad year for traders. We have seen a number of tragic incidents, including the collapse of all markets, as well as reports of exchanges and portfolios closing, and this is the most recent.

10 hours ago, teebasas said:

I sincerely hope that everyone's money is refunded; this is a terrible situation. In the crypto sector, 2019 was a bad year for traders. We have seen a number of tragic incidents, including the collapse of all markets, as well as reports of exchanges and portfolios closing, and this is the most recent.

First half (2019) BTC price was around 4k$ and (Jun.) second half price pump till around 10k$ and how that is "collapse"? "portfolios closing" what this means at all?

About Cryptopia, I saw your comment on other topic about Cryptopia and point is that you check part when they say "80 BTC" and that next report will be in summer and that next step will be in next couple of months. :classic_dry:

16 hours ago, Dawaawin said:

when crypto exchange hacked on these days they share the list of some coin and my all funds are safe these are not in the hacked coin list .They start liquidation and now there is no new news what hapening.i think in this year they will come back.

First, a lot of members have not hacked coins there and if I remember correct just few coins are hacked.

And second, "no new news"? Do you check their social network?

Also you have whole topic just about updates here: