What is "Fork"? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
cryptotalker

What is "Fork"?

In the known sense, the word "fork" is used. When the fork is performed permanently, a new type of currency emerges and two separate tokens are formed. For example, Bitcoincash and Bitcoingold are Bitcoin forks. These are called Hard Fork.

Sometimes it is also just forked as software development. These are also called Soft Fork. For example; Ethereum, Ethereum -Constantinopolis.- Only software update and development is performed here.

spacer.png

Edited by cryptotalker
  • Useful or interesting 7
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

Hard Fork is being created by rich people just to create new tokens and will give them fortune.

Why do they need to have the FORK for bitcoin? what is the use? what is the product?

SEE? they do that just to get new token which they will have share on this. from zero value not they have millions on their pocket.

9fC30.jpg

You see that thing in the hand? That is fork 😊

In a serous note, when a main chain splits by dev to change any feature in the chain then the spited chain is called forked chain. The original one still exists. For example: BCH is a split coin of Bitcoin in other words forked coin of Bitcoin.

Forked coin are also altcoin by the way. 

By the way, thanks OP for the topic.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +5 1

In principle, hardfork is not always a branching of the coin blockchain. This may well be a change in the network without the formation of a new coin. This is done to improve security or implement any improvements by developers.

I think there is no word like hard fork. the bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold these are only token and made peoples fools by the name of hardfork, first they give free tokens and after they split the coin into two and eat all money from peoples those who trsut hardfork,

only bitcoin is a real coin the world,

rest coins just made there profit and all ares like virtual tokens

2 hours ago, droidone said:

only bitcoin is a real coin the world,

I would say real crypto coin 😊 Or people will mix it up with the physical coins we see in the fiat system LOL

Well you are true in it. Those greedy people like Ver want to suck the money from people and mislead the community to buy into their shitcoin.

It's funny how Roger wants to say that bCash is the bitcoin and he gave a new name to the Bitcoin which is Bitcoin Core. 

4 minutes ago, Adel said:

I am already one of the people who won through this bitcoin forks

Which coins you got from forks by the way.

For me I really do not care much about the forked coins. They are hassle to derived from the private key and in most of the cases the value in return you get is nothing.

However in BCH era when the price was high, it was worth selling some LOL

3 minutes ago, CryptoBry said:

I thought that we will have a feast and you must be using a fork when we are about to eat.

LOL like this: 

Thing is for the chain it's exactly the way it has worded at least to me. They just split the chain in two part actually they get a side chain from the main chain. The users then have two choice to going though. If they want to go with the original chain or the duplicate chain.

Like bitcoin is the original chain and BCH is the duplicate one. The main chain is the same always if you trace back.

Edited by xBDT Script

Fork is not only for coins and stuff.actually its a concept in git, you can fork any code on a git repository.forking a code means creating a copy of that code in another repository and then you can develop your own version in a different repository and add new things to the code or change however you need and create something new 

Think about a chain.If You make another small chain from that chain then it would be New coin and that new coin is the fork of that longer coin.

2 hours ago, King said:

I do not know what does it mean in crypto world, but thanks to you guys I have learned it. 

Are you sure about it? 

It was explained in the OP clearly. I would suggest you to reread it and also you can do some search about it. Google and YouTube can bring you a lot of resources.

3 hours ago, Itsmeeek said:

A fork happen when a crypto coin is split into two category but each using the same blockchain

Well I would not say a coin splits. It's the chain and they pull a sub chain from the main chain. The main chain is always there. Like Bitcoin is the main chain and BCH is a subchain.

9 hours ago, Itsmeeek said:

But sorry for asking. Therefore BCH still depends on Bitcoin for most of the transaction right?

It's okay. If you really do not know then there are no shame to ask 😊

The answer is not.

Imagine a rail line...

When it splits then both are two separate entity. With blockchain there is not going back. So in the BCH chain BCH is creating new blocks for BCH and in the original bitcoin chain bitcoin is creating it's new block. No one is depending to each others after the moment they splitted (I mean the chain created for BCH)

I hope it make sense.

• Useful or interesting 1

50 minutes ago, Lov3u said:

im aslo curios about fork back then i just pass thru seeing fork ..like airdrop for fork

now i get to know the meaning of it.. this actually the meaning of it

not just mining or node but theres more of benefit having a btc or coins

I doubt you still had very good idea about it. I think you need to read the responses we have hear to get some good idea about it if you are really after learning.

7 minutes ago, hafmy said:

We need more about these article helpful for beginner the meaning of things like fork and others around bitcoin and altcoin.

Well visit the tutorial section and you will see we already have a lot of them. People are sharing their knowledge however they can. Sometimes it's not really easy to find time and write.

I thought that the plug was an attempt to improve the existing model. But since almost all of them led to failure, then maybe this is just a way to become richer through the issue of coins

13 hours ago, bitnoval said:

This is the best description of blockchain fork I have seen of the internet, this explanation will help a lot of newbies understand what a fork is and what happen to the main chain when a fork take place. Thanks for the explanation.

Yes.But i have learnt it from someone else.You should take books and videos and educate yourself too.We need to learn everything about Blockchain 😊

A fork is a division of a coin into two, the blockchain are spilt into two and those are done by the rich people of the cryptocurrencies community

• +5 1

On 9/30/2019 at 8:47 PM, cryptokram said:

Hard Fork is being created by rich people just to create new tokens and will give them fortune.

Why do they need to have the FORK for bitcoin? what is the use? what is the product?

SEE? they do that just to get new token which they will have share on this. from zero value not they have millions on their pocket.

I didn't totally understand about this fork thingy. Was this thing has a big part of bitcoin and should people know about this? Hope someone will give another idea about this

A, I thought all forks of bitcoins are called altcoins, but then I know that litecoins, Ether are altcoin, can you tell me the relevance here?

On 11/26/2019 at 3:20 PM, Sumayya said:

A fork is a division of a coin into two, the blockchain are spilt into two and those are done by the rich people of the cryptocurrencies community

Yea ita a branch kf the original chain but the most important thing to say to newbies is to always avoid bitcoin forks because they are always just scam coins like Bitxoin diamond and bitcoin gold and also bitcoin cash they are all useless and have no serious use cases. 

On 30.09.2019 at 16:47, cryptokram said:

I don't really understand the technical side of the fork. But with the leading forks, the price of bitcoin grows and new coins are credited to a certain equivalent from the bitcoin balance. For me for example it is profitable

On 30.09.2019 at 6:47 PM, cryptokram said:

That is, let's say when buying cryptocurrency in a large number of coins at a low price less, and we gain fame by storing the purchased coins at a low price. For example, I purchase at a low price the tokens of the Yobit exchange are Yone, Pluto, URANIX, macro, EGold. I don’t know, but somehow and maybe someday Yobit will swim a big whale on these coins of the exchange and buy at a low price. 

On 12/6/2019 at 7:55 AM, Naga said:

Yea ita a branch kf the original chain but the most important thing to say to newbies is to always avoid bitcoin forks because they are always just scam coins like Bitxoin diamond and bitcoin gold and also bitcoin cash they are all useless and have no serious use cases. 

They are useless, no use in the environment but since they are free money we should collect them and sell them for free since we didn't work for them

23 hours ago, Sumayya said:

They are useless, no use in the environment but since they are free money we should collect them and sell them for free since we didn't work for them

Thats exactly what most people do but then we see those guys who bought bitcoin gold when the price was over 100$ and bought bitcoin diamond as well and thought its a gold investment.  Now bitcoin gold isess than 7$.

Thank you for this useful information, in fact I know the hardfork and most of the people here know it but the first time I hear about this term Soft Fork which is just about software development as you say. So I think you deserve like.

Actually I don't understand what hard fork and soft fork are but after reading this I started to understand it little by little. thanks for the information.