What's Going to Happen With Bitcoin? - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
isaa

What's Going to Happen With Bitcoin?

Sabrina T. Howell

Assistant Professor, Finance, NYU Stern School of Business & NBER

Bitcoin represents a watershed in the development of digital assets: It was the first decentralized currency that managed to prevent cheating (often called the “double spend” problem), encode rules for creating new currency, and incentivize participants (“miners”) to maintain and secure the historical record of transactions. This is a breakthrough in record keeping that is not about any one currency—and there are now thousands of cryptocurrencies. It’s about the underlying decentralized, tamper-resistant record keeping technology of blockchain.

My answer to “What’s going to happen with Bitcoin?” is that I have no idea. Bitcoin faces many challenges to widespread use, including the fact that it can handle just 7 transactions per second, while Visa can handle 10,000. However, if the main miners adopt a protocol update enabling higher volumes, it’s not impossible that Bitcoin will become much more widely used. Today, it is mostly a speculative asset, a tool for money laundering, and a currency of last resort for people in countries with grossly mismanaged currencies, like Venezuela.

The bigger picture is that blockchain will affect all sectors that rely on secure data transacted among many participants, which is basically all sectors. This fall Walmart’s leafy green suppliers will be required to use the IBM blockchain built for supply chain logistics. This is not an accident, because leafy greens are often the site of food borne illnesses and the cause of expensive recalls. When each package is on the blockchain, managers will be able to source the problem to the farm in seconds rather than weeks, and discard only the packages from the problem farm. I believe that healthcare, financial services, and real estate will also see their data shift to blockchains.

https://gizmodo.com/whats-going-to-happen-with-bitcoin-1837940506

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 3
  • +5 1

Absolutely nothing other than it will drop then rise then drop then rise then drop then rise then drop then rise then drop then lolollolollolloooolllool

• Useful or interesting 2
  • -5 1

Not really killing it, but it affects much.It will decrease the trust of the investors to cryptocurrency's world, because sometimes new investors are not doing research to a project that much so they will be snared by scam project

When blockchain technology will be applied in most industries, then Bitcoin will be a very expensive cryptocurrency. This is the future and it is already coming.

great article but i think everything  god knows what going to happen the key word is "the next world economic crises" when that will happen the BTC will moon or will fall forever 

There is still a chance for bitcoin to fall its price again as many forms of corruption happens in most secure blockchain system, though secure, can be still vulnerable. As of now, we must ne happy, btc has reach 10k usd again and hope not to drop its prove again. 

I watch and read short-term forecasts for cryptocurrencies and bitcoin 3-7 days after their publication. Try it, this is something! You will not only objectively understand what the forecasts are, but also have fun.

Получай 20% с комиссии торговли при Регистрирации на бирже Binance

꧁×-×-$-$-$-$-×-×꧂

| Beyond | -  заставляет тебя расти как криптана👀

No one knows exactly because Bitcoin has suffered a lot of steep declines during his lifetime, and then he has risen again. We can say that he has overcome all the difficulties he has suffered and proved his existence. In the future, these characteristics may develop more and more when Bitcoin is accepted in the world and governments cooperate. On making the Bitcoin network better and faster.

At this moment the crypto market situation is not good the price of bitcoin is still down so we need to keep patine and don't panic to sell our bitcoin market will pump sooner it just takes his time to recover.

There is only thing that can happen. The price of BTC at market would be stable at it's price or can be lower, or we should expect that for the upcoming years many good thing will happen at market and it will rises ^^

On 10/8/2019 at 2:51 AM, isaa said:

Sabrina T. Howell

Bitcoin represents a watershed in the development of digital assets: It was the first decentralized currency that managed to prevent cheating (often called the “double spend” problem), encode rules for creating new currency, and incentivize participants (“miners”) to maintain and secure the historical record of transactions. This is a breakthrough in record keeping that is not about any one currency—and there are now thousands of cryptocurrencies. It’s about the underlying decentralized, tamper-resistant record keeping technology of blockchain.

My answer to “What’s going to happen with Bitcoin?” is that I have no idea. Bitcoin faces many challenges to widespread use, including the fact that it can handle just 7 transactions per second, while Visa can handle 10,000. However, if the main miners adopt a protocol update enabling higher volumes, it’s not impossible that Bitcoin will become much more widely used. Today, it is mostly a speculative asset, a tool for money laundering, and a currency of last resort for people in countries with grossly mismanaged currencies, like Venezuela.

The bigger picture is that blockchain will affect all sectors that rely on secure data transacted among many participants, which is basically all sectors. This fall Walmart’s leafy green suppliers will be required to use the IBM blockchain built for supply chain logistics. This is not an accident, because leafy greens are often the site of food borne illnesses and the cause of expensive recalls. When each package is on the blockchain, managers will be able to source the problem to the farm in seconds rather than weeks, and discard only the packages from the problem farm. I believe that healthcare, financial services, and real estate will also see their data shift to blockchains.

Bitcoin will coming down regularly but i am sure that now soon Bitcoin will go up and it will make a great high history but now this time it will move slowly and will come down but i hope soon market will go up because still BTC will come down his way we are going to loss and the big investors will withdraw their money from it

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 11/2/2019 at 1:05 PM, Great Commander said:

There is still a chance for bitcoin to fall its price again as many forms of corruption happens in most secure blockchain system, though secure, can be still vulnerable. As of now, we must ne happy, btc has reach 10k usd again and hope not to drop its prove again. 

I agree with this mate but as of now the price of bitcoin will droo to $7k which is not good, it can be reached the $10k bt not for now, i think it will rise next year because the halving starts in mid year of 2020 so wait for it.

nothing serious happened in bitcoin. the price issue, we should have passed this stage that bitcoin is indeed volatile. transaction problems, so far I have been safe just safe nothing is wrong, and sometimes it happens pending is that, and it used to be that way, that is normal.

Now the market is going to pump where already goes to 7500$ but suddenly it again down. So it’s quite to difficult to predict the price but surely the market will pump Again.

The opportumity right now is grtting low so we must grsb it as early as possible because we need it in near future for investing large amount and selling.

10 hours ago, khan22 said:

Bitcoin will coming down regularly but i am sure that now soon Bitcoin will go up and it will make a great high history but now this time it will move slowly and will come down but i hope soon market will go up because still BTC will come down his way we are going to loss and the big investors will withdraw their money from it

Well don't be so sure about that because we are too early to tell now if crypto will absolutely make it in 2020 because I have read there might be a financial crash soon and I want to see if crypto can survive 2020.

It ius true that bitcoin faces many challenges but the challenges have not much been able to prevent bitcoin form developing and reaching it's goals.

Maybe bitcoin in the future will grow, but it depends on them if they will improve something, upgrade something, update something that was needed to be. And if they would make some changes that can make a lot of people impressed, so that the numbers of using bitcoin will increase and bitcoin will grow. 

Just now, Alia said:

Bitcoin come down or go back to top i cant undastand still now.

You are a newbie member and i hope you will understand about the bitcoin nature very soon and now the crypto price is down but this thing is happen in every time and after a dump price will go to high jump. 

SIGNATURE SPACE AVAILABLE FOR RENT 

On 10/8/2019 at 4:51 AM, isaa said:

Sabrina T. Howell

Don't believe too much with negative news aimed at dropping / lowering the price of Bitcoin. if this really happens they (whale) will buy up Bitcoin available on the market, and soon the price will go up and they get a big profit.

Many are worried about the price of bitcoin falling, many have put bitcoin on sale in the future, the past few weeks have started to rise again.It may be a little worrying that the price has dropped in the past and then when the price has increased, the quality has increased.

We know bitcoins max supply is only 21 million coins. it is going to reach in maximum and we are going to see the halving..so,.bitcoins future is great.

Bengali?

View this Topic

It's natural because bitcoin is volatile, Nothing happen in Bitcoin even they goes down. I do believe that it will increase again in a near future, Right now i suggest to buy and hold your coins right now wait until the price goes up it will happen.

• Useful or interesting 1