Is online wallets safe? - Page 3 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Peter pan

Is online wallets safe?

I can say the online wallet is safe. Even very safe, it's been proven. Many people use online wallets, including myself. That's also not all, you have to choose a wallet that is safe.

It all depends on your behavior and management. Be careful in every transaction. Check if the website address is correct.

When my friends ask me how do I have money online in online wallets that if that is safe I answer the wallets fulfill the function of protecting your money 50% the other 50% you are responsible as you must have levels Remember, it is your money, your capital that is at risk, who does not take care of what he has to ask, stays.

i think it's safe. i used online wallet for many years. as long as the online wallets have a good security. i think it has no problem. just keep your password, private key, mnemonic phrase and something important safe, then your online wallet will be safe too.

Edited by I-KUN

On 10/21/2019 at 9:10 PM, madoras said:

my opinion is all wallet depend on you safe your private key securely. event most top secure wallet if u not secure your private key or email and another still not safe for your wallet

Agree, everything depends on us. Basically online wallet is safe if we are careful in storing private keys or not goaded to click phishing link.

On 10/8/2019 at 4:26 AM, Peter pan said:

It depend on which type of security of your wallet, example blockchain in log in you enter user ID which is generated randomly and not user name.

dont think that online wallet cant be hacked, for me there is no online wallet that 100% safe from hacker

i only trust hardware wallet like ledge nano x !

online wallet not safe , but hardware wallet have change to lose!

if your pc break down or hade other problem, but in online you can recover your wallet but if you forgot password or your acount hack , you lose all

i think hardware wallet good , but online not bad1

why do you think they are not safe enough for keeping there your crypto? haven't heard about cases of crypto leak online, that proofs that they are safe i think

For me it's really safe because you secure all your coin here and most of all your transaction can easily handle if yo have online wallets. Much better if you have online wallets because it really useful on you and for me it's the most safiest way to do if you have a online wallet because it holds all your things

before you login in to your wallet must to chek the site guys this is very risk so its important to chek it and then add your 2fa yea its safe when you add 2fa . but if you lost your 2fa you is confused for that .

On 10/8/2019 at 4:26 AM, Peter pan said:

It depend on which type of security of your wallet, example blockchain in log in you enter user ID which is generated randomly and not user name.

i think it will always depend on the stability of the website against website attack/fraud altogether with our way of securing our own details,

so whether online wallets safe or not, it is our own to answer it

Im using dogechain for keep my doge but eberythink look good because i didnt keep much balance just little to saving on my dogechain

Online wallets are just like your wallets in your bag. If you dont make sure to keep it safe somebody will stole them. Online wallets are safe except if you are not careful enough. To make it safer make sure not to lose your password and private key. Do not share your private key to anyone to avoid your coins token to be stolen.

JOIN US AND WIN BIG PRIZES FROM DIFFERENT GAMES!!!

https://www.bitsler.com/?ref=Mandoy

I think using online wallet is not completely safe because there are hackers who want to take our crypto assets
better use hard wallet to keep your assets safe.

2 minutes ago, Starpark said:

Do you mean that you have been using a hard wallet all this time? Maybe for me as a bounty hunter, I don't need a hard wallet, because the tokens that I get will be sold and sent to the bank.

I mean like a ledger nano , even though you are only a bounty hunter your assets must be safe from hackers who want to steal your assets

Just now, Starpark said:

Do you mean that you have been using a hard wallet all this time? Maybe for me as a bounty hunter, I don't need a hard wallet, because the tokens that I get will be sold and sent to the bank.

There is no need of a hardware wallet if you are not holding your coins long time. Hardware wallets are made for long term holding. But when it comes to short term, online wallets are also okay. Just remember to use the trusted one, not a fishy one.

For a short time like 1/2 days holding, I prefer my electrum wallet since it's easy to use all the time, everywhere.

46 minutes ago, mahouka said:

I think using online wallet is not completely safe because there are hackers who want to take our crypto assets
better use hard wallet to keep your assets safe.

as long as we are taking care of our private keys properly then everything is safe.

Just dont use those online wallet that is not trusted. if you are into ERC-20 i will suggest to use only Myetherwallet and metamask.

Online wallet doesn't safe that's much that's why you recommended to use offline wallets apps or try to use hardware wallet example ledger nano S, or you can try to use paper wallet.

Trade on forex without KYC verification, also deposit and withdraw easy with bitcoin.... Just click on this LINK

The best forex broker with leverege up to 300× minimum deposit $10 only.

Iqoption.com/signup

I know that online wallets do not have increased secrecy and reliability, but I use metamask to use it for storing small amounts of cryptocurrencies in my wallet, I really like it convenient and simple, plus you can add various tokens

As a rule of thumb, I would recommend to use such an online wallet that gives their user the recovery phase, and therefore does not store your private key on a foreign server anywhere on the Internet.

Even if you are taking security seriously, still, online wallets should be used only for small amounts of crypto, which you are actually using. I wouldn't hold crypto for long term there. 

CryptoGamblersPub - Exchange between/inside crypto gambling sites 

It depends, online wallet are not safer so much but you can activate features with them you can keep your coins more safe like 2fa confirmation and touch ID and thing else can help you to secure your account 

i think it is safe for me. i hold my coin in online wallet. i have use coinbase, blockchain there's no problem still now you can use it