Is online wallets safe? - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Peter pan

Is online wallets safe?

It depend on which type of security of your wallet, example blockchain in log in you enter user ID which is generated randomly and not user name.

Hi, everything depends if you control your keys or not, if you do not control your clee then it is very risky and every day exchanges are stolen crypomonnaie.

• Useful or interesting 1

8 minutes ago, bitcoin said:

Always bookmark it and not input private key and seed To strange website

Yahh sure you must bookmark it offline and not online such as email or Google keep note, if you bookmark online it is safe but there will be some percent to be hacked but if you bookmark offline there is 0% to be hacked but it is possible to be hacked anyway.

Edited by Peter pan

I do not know how safe they are, but so far there have been no problems. It all depends on how you stay safe. The main thing is not to get caught on the fishing site, to make the password reliable and long with many, to have uppercase and lowercase letters, symbols and numbers in the password well and to keep the computer clean of viruses. From wallets internals I only use blockchain for BTC and ETH storage and Myetherwallet for ETH and ETC storage

I think they are totally safe, but avoid exchange site do not store your money especially large amounts on bitcoin exchange sites, eg. coinbase, local-bitcoin etc. once you exchange your money withdrawal it/send to your wallet

Any type of web wallet is risky, no matter how much security are they using. Blockchain is a bit safe but still it can be compromised. I would discourage anyone to use web wallet. You have everything at your hand, why would you use web wallet?

10 hours ago, Peter pan said:

It depend on which type of security of your wallet, example blockchain in log in you enter user ID which is generated randomly and not user name.

I preffered to respond in this article base on the judgement of my IT engineer friend he said that no system in the world that guaranteed 100% safe all has subjected to any flaws and vulnerabilities thats why it should be updated regularly to fix those Errors in the program thats why choose that least vulnerable wallet providers its not my liberty to say what wallet is these because im not an expert about program and internet security. 

It safe until and unless the provider closes down it's operation as then you won't be able to access until then you are safe as you hold your private key.

It is safe if you secure an 2Factor Authentication on your wallet and uses strong password that hackers cannot access easily on it.

22 hours ago, Peter pan said:

I can recommend only wallets with back up, and for Blockchain if you forgot your wallet ID you must to know email address from your account or if you forgot your password you need to know your 12 word recovery phrase that you can log in into your wallet and if you forgot 2FA to restart it.

My opinion is if you have large amount of cypto it's lot better to have some cold wallet to keep your crypto safe.

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

On 10/8/2019 at 3:26 PM, samuel1420 said:

not sure but you can see wallet online that enable 2 factor auth or codes that sent for the mail to protect your wallet 

On 10/8/2019 at 3:42 PM, Rosepetals said:

It is safe if you secure an 2Factor Authentication on your wallet and uses strong password that hackers cannot access easily on it.

2FA can also be compromised, that's what we have seen all the time. You can check various hack news and will found that most people was using highest security but still they are being hacked.

The problem is with web wallet, if any kind of flaws can be found, hacker will be able to break the system and hack users fund.

Just now, Mehtabahmed said:

honestly speaking , i've never used any type of wallets, but any one tell me which wallet is best for me? to puting my all money on it . i want to save my money...

It depends on the type of wallet you need. Do you need multicurrency wallet or BTC or ETH only? And another important tip is not to keep all your money on one wallet or on one exchange. It's risky. Keep in parts in different places

The only good thing with online wallets is convenience.

The first problem everybody signals is that in most cases you don't own your private keys; yes, in most cases you have an account. If the website goes down, gets hacked, gets bankrupt, you lose that account and that money.

But it actually doesn't even matter you own your private keys or not, because online service users are targeted by phishing, which can come in e-mails or even in google ads! And if you gave your private keys to another website, well.. you know what's next.

No. No web wallets. If one wants convenience, why not simply use a hardware wallet linked to his smartphone? That's one million times safer.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
|           If you have a good offer for my signature space or you need Romanian translation PM me.           |
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
|     Let's share the referral commission equallyhttps://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=LN1VWYR6     |
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

7 minutes ago, Mehtabahmed said:

i need wallet for btc only, yeah some of my friend told me that it is risky to be in one exchange , use two or more exchanges so your money will be safe,  Btw thanks for you help , kindly tell me which wallet is best for btc. 

Friend,i will tell you what wallets i use and which i have had no problems with. I use Electrum wallet for BTCon the computer. I use Blockchain online wallet. The exchanges where I store BTC are Binance and Bittrex.Of course your BTC security is still up to you

Online wallets are good, but some of the wallets may have risk. Recovering your funds will not happen in blockchain if you lost password and seed or key.

I have used Coinbase, Blockain . com wallets without a problem till to date.

You are the one taking risk even when you store in exchanges there is more risk than online wallet.

No...No....No.....No unless you own the priv keys that you prob never will you are not in control of your coins same with exchanges "hacks" lets see how many small exchanges last after xmas lol 

Never keep coins on exchange's dont trust them and online wallets are the same just google the proof its there

I think the most important thing about using a wallet on an exchange is to make sure that the wallet from the exchange is in working order. If they are fixing or working on the wallet then your deposit or withdrawal could be held up and cost you money.

13 hours ago, cryptosix said:

Online wallets are good, but some of the wallets may have risk. Recovering your funds will not happen in blockchain if you lost password and seed or key.

I have used Coinbase, Blockain . com wallets without a problem till to date.

You are the one taking risk even when you store in exchanges there is more risk than online wallet.

Agree, as long as we keep the seed word or private key safe, I think our wallet will be safe. The thing to watch out for is that we don't click on suspicious links because there are currently a lot of malware that can take our coins

1 hour ago, jcarlo said:

Agree, as long as we keep the seed word or private key safe, I think our wallet will be safe. The thing to watch out for is that we don't click on suspicious links because there are currently a lot of malware that can take our coins

Never click on any links and type the wallet url directly in browser since browsing Blockchain sites you will get Malware. I would recommend test with a malware software from time to time. Avoid totally clicking on links and type the url.

On 10/8/2019 at 5:26 AM, Peter pan said:

yes very safe..just not forget the seed and password sothat you can recover your coins..many trusted online walle outthere in mobile app and for windows just research and review that app

Best Overall: Coinbase

Best for Security: Trezor

Best for Desktop: Electrum

Best Online: Blockchain

Best for Free Buying and Selling: Robinhood

Best for Intuitive Desktop Use: Exodus

Best for Mobile: Mycelium

Edited by taongam
Remove Link

6 hours ago, cryptosix said:

Never click on any links and type the wallet url directly in browser since browsing Blockchain sites you will get Malware. I would recommend test with a malware software from time to time. Avoid totally clicking on links and type the url.

Agree, besides that we must always see the web certificate in our browser because it could be that the website we visit is a fake website. Indeed, at this time we must be careful because cryptocurrency is increasingly popular and many people are trying to steal it