Multiple Accounts - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
cryptosix

Multiple Accounts

I just want the admin not to allow for multiple accounts in this forums just like Bitcointalk forums as this give bad reputation.

How many of you hate for having or allowing to create multiple accounts in any forums? Do you like to have more accounts or one for this forums.

My wish is to take strict actions on duplicate accounts including from the contest as others can get something for their loyalty.

• Useful or interesting 1

5 hours ago, cryptosix said:

I just want the admin not to allow for multiple accounts in this forums just like Bitcointalk forums as this give bad reputation.

How many of you hate for having or allowing to create multiple accounts in any forums? Do you like to have more accounts or one for this forums.

My wish is to take strict actions on duplicate accounts including from the contest as others can get something for their loyalty.

There are so many people in Bitcointalk.org which has multiple accounts.

Even those popular users has their dummies.

The main rule is not to allow multiple accounts to join one contest or bounty.

The is where the action starts and get the red mark/tag and banned permanently.

I think we can't know if there are some accounts connected with one owner,

except there are some similarities on them like wallet addresses.

l3.gif.db5b995a6e73a149ffa675fb3c0c585f.gif

6 hours ago, cryptosix said:

I do not see any problem with it. It's a forum, especially it's an anonymous forum and people can have different identity. However one need to be aware that it's not okay to abuse bounty or anything that is related with financial gain.

My vote is that, having multiple account is okay.

If there will be more than 1 account then its all good, if you will worry about the spam then the mods are the one who will get them and banned them!

Who only have one account in bitcointalk?

Well, to go more than 1 account here is good for the admin as they need more users and it will add to it.

1 hour ago, xBDT Script said:

I do not see any problem with it. It's a forum, especially it's an anonymous forum and people can have different identity. However one need to be aware that it's not okay to abuse bounty or anything that is related with financial gain.

My vote is that, having multiple account is okay.

Well of-course you can make a different ID compared to the personal one, but why you want more accounts here. Anyway we see what does this admin replies on this. In other forums no one will allow to have more than one account, but in bitcointalk allows including to sell.

3 minutes ago, cryptosix said:

Well of-course you can make a different ID compared to the personal one, but why you want more accounts here. Anyway we see what does this admin replies on this. In other forums no one will allow to have more than one account, but in bitcointalk allows including to sell.

I do not see any problem at all if someone creates multi account. Like I said it's a forum. If you can keep doing conversation then you are welcome. Just do not abuse.

This will be clear stated in forum rules.

We are still waiting for moderators/admins for that.

Having multiple account would be fine, unless if used for making fake conversation for financial benefit or bump

Edited by hexwin

Some people here where banned multiple times on Bitcointalk forum, 

and they know to change IP address easy.... it is not rocket science.

They like to copypaste other people work and change IP addresses

9 hours ago, hexwin said:

This will be clear stated in forum rules.

We are still waiting for moderators/admins for that.

Having multiple account would be fine, unless if used for making fake conversation for financial benefit or bump

If it is stated in forum rules, then it is good, no need to worry on creating multiple accounts, but does this allowed for getting paid per post? Any idea on this for having a second account.

You will not be paid if you use your alt accounts, as this is considered as cheating, and moderators have a way to detect it 

Yeah, they can detect cheaters and spammers with easy tools, for just a clearance I asked about this. although we cannot spend more time on forums and 30 posts per day is enough for a member.

according to new rules of this forum, multiple accounts are not allowed and the member who are posting from the multiple accounts will got banned forever and he will not get any knowledge.

Hard Worker 😎😎

1 hour ago, Laskoo said:

+1

I am not a fan of multiple account allowance on bitcointalk.org neither. I don't find it fair, but I think they decided this because of people using tor or vpns, I don't find any other explanation. 

Yeah, I saw that too in order to agree the rules and the admin finally made a good decision for genuine users.

1 hour ago, Laskoo said:

+1

I am not a fan of multiple account allowance on bitcointalk.org neither. I don't find it fair, but I think they decided this because of people using tor or vpns, I don't find any other explanation. 

Multiple account leads to multiple scams, thanks for your feedback hope the forum got new rules in banning and I am happy for that.

1 hour ago, fundeal said:

I somehow have a contrary opinion about this, having multiple account should even be encouraged because all the world big forums encourages it and it gives the forum a good seo and alexa ranking.

It encourages account selling (Not encouraged) and boost the forum daily impression.

I do not have more than one account here at the moment but i do not see anything bad if some people does BUT i say no to spamming and nonconstructive posting. 

No big boards allow duplicate accounts, I saw bitcointalk is the only one that allows multiple accounts to scam multiple times. Can you check reputable members have multiple accounts to use in signature campaigns while normal people won't get anything in BTC forums.

No need to worry about Alexa and Seo as it will be done automatically. Alexa rank get boosted only with unique traffic not with same traffic.

Thanks for your opinion too as the admin has right choice and some told earlier it is allowed here, but today morning I saw i t is banned.

Agree with you. Multiple account create a spam any website or forum. Such like that, admin need aware to restrict multiple account creation. 

1 hour ago, CryptoBry said:

Generally speaking, no forum will have an official policy of allowing multiple accounts by just one person though it can be possible that two or more members from one family under one household can be allowed. We should be helping this forum grow but we are not desperate enough to let anybody create more than 1 account as that can never be doing good for the forum in any way. While some may try to do that due to the rewards, eventually they can be caught and be punished to the hell. 

I totally agree with you,  yes most of the forums allowed an extra account for a family member by requesting them. Although people try for rewards using VPN and other type such as using multiple pc with different internet connection, etc.

Once the reward system finishes they will remain silent, but it is not good for every member.

multiple accounts is a illegal activity the person who makes multiple accounts will not get paid by the forum and account will be ban of that user the system detects that user who make double accounts on forum

Couldn't agree with this more to be honest. But with the financial gains then who can blame some people. Some luve in 1 dollar a day. You can make 3 days loving just from one account a small few will do this. I don't think it's malicious particularly but I'd rather not read their copy paste irrelevant comments. Must be a happy medium. 

On 9/30/2019 at 4:17 AM, cryptosix said:

They need to have a restriction about that. With that, this forum will be a fair place and our works will worth it. 

Disallowing multiple account can’t be a concrete rule in my opinion. It is common in most online forum, in Bitcointalk it is allowed but when you were caught cheating or abusing all accounts connected will be tagged and recieved a negative feedback. For me its just a headache to maintain 2 or more accounts per 1 person.

Edited by CryptoChief

if having multiple accounts is permitted then not much different will provide opportunities for future abuse,
if one account is enough why should more?
note: I am not on any side, but I am here as someone who wants to opinion, that multiple accounts also give other people the opportunity to abuse the account.

a few facts that I will tell you here, I often find many members who have multiple accounts, everyone has 5 to 15 accounts that are interrelated, even though there are clearly rules that aren't allowed to have multiple accounts, (you might suspect, it might be because of public wifi. No, and that's a classic reason )
and what will happen if a member is allowed to have multiple accounts ???
I'm sure you will have the answer.

5 minutes ago, alpayno said:

Multiple account will only create a lot of spam posts, non sense post that likely we don't learn from it. Multiple accounts is so hard to know if its the same user but if you suspect someone who uses many accounts report them and make their account banned in thins forum. But multiple accounts is good if the the user is creating good talk in this forum.

I agree, Users having more than two accounts can be consider account farmer or probably will be using it for evil purpose. But its up to the moderators on how they will address this kind of issue.

Somebody making multiple accounts of cryptotalk will be needing to also make multiple accounts of Yobit.  I can see that can be a problem for Yobit somebody having multiple accounts and so can ban them if and when it finds.

I have several computers here at home, because my children also have access to this world of crypto, but I did not allow them to account here in Cryptotalk just to avoid being punished, because I was afraid that by my ip detect more accounts created and eventually find I'm cheating, I prefer not to risk it, even if my eldest son is a great writer, I don't let him create an account, he helps me on my own posts, so with an account we both have access to the forum information without taking the risk of punishment. But I think if using more than one account being in moderation would be fine. But as we have a contest running, it would always be good to keep an account for Ip, I think, to maintain equality between participants. Hugs