Reputation - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
cryptosix

I saw this forum has reputation and how do you feel compared to Bitcointalk merit system. I myself feel bad in Bitcointalk as they merit the people to known persons or friends. How about you all feel about the merit system.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

This reputation is not the same as merit in BitcoinTalk. Consider it as the like/love feature in Facebook. There are no ranking system yet so we can not tell exactly if it will be connected with ranking system too.

But for now - enjoy if anyone likes your post. 

There is 3 reputation here, the thanks like and haha.

while there is also negative or neutral like sad and confuse.

This is more healthy than in the bitcointalk forum. well the merit system there is not well manage.

There are so many good post who deserves one but never spare.

I still don't know how much reactions we have available for 24 hours?  (like, thanks.....)

If it is limited, I would like moderators to explain and post more details. about it.

It is connected with our reputation.

Edited by hexwin
  • Useful or interesting 1

1 minute ago, robelneo said:

We can implement any merit or trust system in the future but not now it's to early for that

I am against a system like merit but reputation is okay. Merit system is helpful to create good contents but eventually the forum will lose traffic which is very much needed.

Instead have enough mod to monitor the post quality.

Just now, hexwin said:

I still don't know how much reactions we have available for 24 hours?  (like, thanks.....)

What I learnt, is 5 I guess.

Edited by xBDT Script

Thank you xBDT Script.

Five is a very limited number of reactions for one day....

I will add one more of my many suggestions for this forum

9 minutes ago, hexwin said:

Five is a very limited number of reactions for one day....

I also think so. I was out day before yesterday without knowing it then I was posting a topic regarding this where I knew about this 5 reaction a day things.

I have not yet started to send reaction today but thinking when I will do, I will count them.

We should let the public follow this thread for them to know the use of reputation.

Some of users here still quoting people just to say thanks or great post.

They can use the trophy is saying thanks and heart instead of saying great post.

itTorrent was top 50 ranking coin but i think recently something dropped. BTT is a Binance launchpad project and it's a big successful comparatively Binance other endorsement projects. Almost 1 trillion total supply but circulating 200 bilion really it�s a massive supply but price is enough strong. If total coin will be circulating supply than BTT marketcap will touched 500 million dollar ha ha ha. But i don't think this coin will big pump because total supply is ridiculous.� � � � � �

If a coin has no volume on exchange and its only listed on a single exchange then there is no demand for the coin, this means the project is a useless one with no real use cases, working products will always have high demands on exchanges, its only a matter of time before the exchange delist such coins

12 minutes ago, lovesybitz said:

For me it has a similarity, but only their differences was in bitcointalk forum merit is limited unlike here not

It has limitation too 😊

I think he max you can do (I heard) is 5 a day or something. I had used my quota yesterday and other day it was the same. I was not able to react. So, not unlimited.

I really do not like to see merit system here.

2 minutes ago, lovesybitz said:

Me too, I don't want that system to be implement it here because its not useful in my opinion. But of course we still don't know what could be the plan of cryptotalk since it was running for less than 2 weeks so far. 

This will require time even if they want to implement it. However chances are low. Theymos hard coded the algorithm of merit, it was not there by default. And I am sure in this forum software too there are no default such system. So if they want to introduce such things then they will need to manually do that with the help of a developer.

Considering the current situation, I do not think this has any necessity at all. The mods can keep the forum clean very well. 

4 minutes ago, lovesybitz said:

Agreed, in fact the development here was actually fast, maybe because for what they saw with issues happened on bitcointalk forum before, that's why they developed it so early here. 

There are no developer here LOL

The Invision Community software is already exists like SMF and MyBB and other forum software. You just need to download it and install it in your server. Then later you can customize the installed copy.

This is what theymos has done with SMF in bitcointalk.

On 9/30/2019 at 5:09 PM, xBDT Script said:

This reputation is not the same as merit in BitcoinTalk. Consider it as the like/love feature in Facebook. There are no ranking system yet so we can not tell exactly if it will be connected with ranking system too.

But for now - enjoy if anyone likes your post. 

Sorry, totally I forgot this thread  and thanks for your feedback as it won't meet with Bitcointalk forums. This is newly built forum, but I was tired with their shit rules. Theymos may hard coded, but newbies can't able to raise their membership level at any point.

This Cryptotalk admin is doing some good things that are observed in Bitcointalk. Hope in future people start to move from Bitcointlak forums.

2 minutes ago, cryptosix said:

but newbies can't able to raise their membership level at any point.

Actually they can. If one does not spam and post meaning less posts but be a community person and learn/share knowledge then getting merit is easy. 

I had my Sr. account built from 0 merit and I know it's not very hard job. If I still had this account then I could have more than enough merits to be a legendary there.

52 minutes ago, bitcoworld said:

To be honest i like the Merit System. I got multiple times Merit by unknown people as well. At at 100 Merit even 😛

But i like the Like System even more as Merit is not understanded by everyone while everyone knows how to like something trought the social medias... 

Nice to hear you got more than 100 merits at a time, maybe your posts are better worth than others. I left them a year back and came again after starting this forums. I wasn't interested in them at all except participating in Bounties and making money. I rarely check the forum from a week, but once this Cryptotalk get developed I'll forget them.

If he was a moderator or an  admin must follow the rules as every member do that is what called a good forum.

Our life is make to money and help others in the same way.

1 hour ago, bitcoworld said:

To be honest I like the Merit System. I got multiple times of Merit by unknown people as well. At 100 Merit even 😛

But I like the Like System even more as Merit is not understood by everyone while everyone knows how to like something although the social media... 

You got 100 merits from one Member? Wow 😃

Well here you can receive 100 Likes from one member so fast,
but in time you can receive a lot of likes and thanks.

Has anyone cracked exactly how CryptoTalk likes/thanks system works?

@bitcoworld Ok bro, I understand now, and you just got one more LIKE from me, to grow your reputation in CryptoTalk forum.  I hope to see you rank up fast.

can  anyone expalin to me what is this reputation  option and what does she do ? i tryd to  understand it many times but  i  didnt get  the idea yet , im waiting for you gays , thank you .

In my personal opinion, merit system had a good and bad sides for the community there in bitcointalk forums, the good thing is they can sustain their credible of the forum with the real community members not the spammer, but for the newbie in their forum, it's seems hard with this merit system.

Reputation is when someone gives a like or whatever, if a post that is useful for a member will definitely be given a reputation
this is like merit on the bitcointalk forum

On 10.10.2019 at 12:52 PM, bitcoworld said:

Hehe, no bro I think I got misunderstood. I have 100 Merit on the total, the most what I got from one person was 10 Merit at once 😛

image.png.2b4df4afd53330be970f3b3f06f936a4.png

I also have 100 merits on bitcointalk but no one really put them to me and I didn't do anything to get them. Probably it was given as standard to old users. It's hard to get at least 1 credit on this forum right now. The administration has tried its best to prevent people from increasing their rank

2 minutes ago, corrao25 said:

I also have 100 merits on bitcointalk but no one really put them to me and I didn't do anything to get them. Probably it was given as standard to old users. It's hard to get at least 1 credit on this forum right now. The administration has tried its best to prevent people from increasing their rank

It is the airdropped merit you got there. Before the Jan 24 2018 you already was a full member.

This is how it worked, for those who already had the ranks they got:

10 for member rank

100 for full member 

250 for Sr. member

500 for Hero

1000 for Legendary 

They called in air dropped merit. 

1 minute ago, xBDT Script said:

It is the airdropped merit you got there. Before the Jan 24 2018 you already was a full member.

This is how it worked, for those who already had the ranks they got:

10 for member rank

100 for full member 

250 for Sr. member

500 for Hero

1000 for Legendary 

They called in air dropped merit. 

Yes.I think you are right. I have 100 merits and a full member rank. Those who came later were not lucky. They will be pumping their accounts for a long time. The only way out for them is to buy a high-ranking account, but it's dangerous

2 minutes ago, corrao25 said:

Those who came later were not lucky

Well I stared with 0 merits and build up an account of Sr. Member that requires 250 merits. There are a lot of other users too who earns merit regular basis. 

One just need to product good contents. And also need to know the entire environment and the politics there of course.

It's not easy to earn merit there but not impossible as well.