The difference between a coin and a token. - Page 33 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Mandoy01

The difference between a coin and a token.

Every coins  will be token  but one day token will coins and some  people  say  that  there  is  no  difference  between  coins and  tokens  but now i have  understood  meaning  of  coin  and  tokens 

This is valuable information, my friend
Little did I know that there was a difference between them up to this point and I hope that the token has good value in the future for us to take advantage of it.

• +2 1

The currency is Cryptocurrency (digital currency), which uses its own platform and works independently independently. For business, additional pads are not required. They are working on independent blockchain, which are original currency. Bitcoin, Litecoin and ethnic are metal coins. The last two refers to t. N Altkinam. This means they in some respective respondents to Petquin.

Symbols

Tocken is Cryptocurrency created via Blockchain or the existing protocol. Normally, icons represent a specific asset or function (utility). Because symbols are created as an existing blockchain, they created easier. Most symbols available today are based on Blockchain Ethereum.

• +1 1

Excellent information. In a clear and simple way I understood that it is not the same thing. I understand that the token is evolving to become a currency one day. Instead a coin has passed these manufacturing processes.

• Useful or interesting 1

Be relax and happy to enjoy yourself to join the crypto world, take care and learn to knowledge and experience you should be a good member as the time passed away, I think there is no major difference between coin and token. 

The difference between a cryptocurrency and a token is that cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, litecoin, and ethereum have a larger market, while tokens are managed in markets so that you can buy them and sell them at a higher price.

The blockchain has its database in which all transactions take place, while the tokens is a derivative of the cryptocurrency that requires it to exist and reside in the same framework.

As a beginner, I don't have much experience in crypto world. So I don't really know the actual difference between coin and token. But I have noticed only one things that investing in coins is far better than investing in tokens because all the tokens of yobit site I have seen have a great fall in their prices.

Hello friends.I want to know about this.I don't no difference between coin and token but you give good information and knowledgeable post to understand this differences, ithink previously this are same and just they no crypto currency they called tokens.thanx for read my comment

Hello dear. In fact, it has created a good topic for our new colleagues in their department. It is good to alert them to the importance of speeding up hard work, gaining knowledge about the types of currencies and also following the market in order to quickly develop themselves by conducting their own research to start investing or trading and get closer to achieving goals in the future, I hope everyone succeeds.

• +3 1

The only prominent difference between a token and a coin is that a coin like ethereum has its own blockchain but the tokens like erc20 donot have their own blockchain and operate on ethereum platform...!!!

More crypto trader did not have idea that what is the major difference crypto coins and crypto token. But solve this difference easily i like your post:

I remembers that crypto coins has own block-chain, and crypto token work other blockchains.

•  

This token was created using the original Botcoin OrchingChain source code, with changes (for example, Dogecoin and Litecoin).
Alternative coins created on the basis of new independent blocks (for example, Ethereum, Icon, Aion).

Well, now I know what the difference between these two is because I thought they were the same because tokens are a newly launched coin that has no value in the market yet, but once it does, it will be a coin soonest. Thank you for enlightening me that these two are not the same.

Great topic I congratulate you until now I was not clear what was the difference between a coin and a token but thanks this relevant information helped me to know the meaning of each of them, thank you very much for sharing your knowledge with us.

On 1/26/2020 at 6:42 PM, Mandoy01 said:

Hi guys, this topic is made for the newbie. I remembered before I was also confused about token and coin. So I will explain it in the most simplest form I can think of. Though there are many things that can be used to differentiate but I will use the most crucial difference between them.

First what is a coin?

A coin in the cryptocurrency sphere refers to the digital coins or cryptocurrency that has its own blockchain for example we have bitcoin, litecoin, doge coin, ripple and many more.

What is a token?

A token is a form of cryptocurrency which does not have its own blockchain. It uses existing blockchain as its platform for example we have ERC-20 tokens that uses Ethereum Platform such as EXMR, BTCRED and many more. Aside from Ethereum Platform other tokens uses Waves Dex, and NEO whose tokens are called NEP-5 tokens.

So in short there are two kinds of cryptocurrency the coin and token. Coin are digital coins with its own blockchain while tokens uses existing blockchain platform to function.

Thank you my friend for telling us the complete difference about the coin and a token. I was a beginner and I was thinking that they were same. I think that the coin and token are same they do not have difference but by reading your topic I realize thier difference.

• +4 1

Thank you, my friend, for this information that you provided about tokens and digital currency .. In fact, it is very important for those who carry out trading and investment operations. We must gain knowledge in all areas of the cryptocurrency before starting it .. I wish you and everyone good luck.

Thank you dear for this information your information is very helpful for me I do not know the difference between them before reading your post. I think before tokens and coins are same but now after reading your post I am able to difference between them.

coins are the form of crypto currency that is usually used for the purpose of buying and selling where as the tokens are firstly converted than used as a currency for the purpose of trading

Coins have a stand alone block chain like bit coin on the other hand token do not have its chain it uses the existing block chains

Edited by Genny

Every coin was once symbolic
 There are two types of cryptocurrencies, the token is also used in the cryptocurrency, but it takes time to convert from a symbol to coins, so there is only one type of cryptocurrency.

Yes, however two kinds of cryptocurrency exist The token still takes part in the cryptocurrency so it takes time to come from the token to the coins.

my friend both have different things there are big difference between a token and a coin a coin is hold much value than a token.