Phantom wallets - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
SuperCrypto

Phantom wallets

One of the most common mistakes that novice cryptocurrency users are falling prey to the web crypto wallets and hardware wallets.
Since some users trust Google and other search engines to search for websites, it is very easy to click on the wrong website.
To avoid making this mistake, always check the website you are accessing. There are a lot of fake URLs with the sole purpose of stealing your valuable cryptocurrencies.

The simple solution is to save the websites you frequently visit, like web wallets and exchange platforms, into your browser's favorites list. And that's what I do, too
Do you have any other suggestions?

• Useful or interesting 6
  • +1 3
  • +2 2
  • +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

One of the easiest tricks you can fall into is to click on a link that you think will take you to a website (such as a wallet or crypto exchange platform), but instead takes you to a copy of this site that appears at first glance not different from the real site of your platform or wallet .

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 3

This type of fraud is known as phishing when you receive an unsolicited email message that looks like it is from the wallet site or from one of the crypto trading platforms. This email contains a link that takes you to a site that looks almost identical to the platform or wallet you usually use, but is actually a fraudulent site.

• +1 1
  • +2 2

I think a virtual wallet is an insecure wallet. I don't trust it, I find that a hard wallet is better for you. No wallet is 100% safe, protect your money

• +3 1

These are the problems of GoogleADs they are accepting phishing website to be advertised on their search engine. This is how most naive people got scammed.

The solution is to bookmark the real and legit website so you dont need to retype or use search to find it.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

spacer.png

I think panthom wallet is very popular crypto wallet. This wallet is very safe and secure with the others wallet. For this reason I am using this wallet

• +1 1

Yes, making sure you click or visit the right website and always double check the websites domain, address and URL would save a lot of trouble and would protect you from a lot of fake websites.

On 1/26/2020 at 1:44 PM, SuperCrypto said:

One of the most common mistakes that novice cryptocurrency users are falling prey to the web crypto wallets and hardware wallets.
Since some users trust Google and other search engines to search for websites, it is very easy to click on the wrong website.
To avoid making this mistake, always check the website you are accessing. There are a lot of fake URLs with the sole purpose of stealing your valuable cryptocurrencies.

The simple solution is to save the websites you frequently visit, like web wallets and exchange platforms, into your browser's favorites list. And that's what I do, too

It is easy to rank the fake site on google.All they have to do use some tools for ranking and then they make make fake sites for scamming.We have to double check the URL before entering password and user name in site.i make book marks and never saves my password online.

• +1 1
  • +2 3

On 1/26/2020 at 10:44 AM, SuperCrypto said:

Yes, just report the malicious website to Google Safe Browsing. There is a link that lets you report any phishing site to google so they can take it off search results. It is https://safebrowsing.google.com/safebrowsing/report_general/

Why are you looking for another faucet in signatures like mine, cryptotalk is the best earnings site. 😉

When dealing with sensitive information, always double check on everything you are doing as one simple mistake could make you lose a lot

• +2 1
  • +3 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                            bf_320x100.png

Perhaps the reason for this is Trojan Horse.
It is a small programming code, and it is not a virus or a computer worm, because it does not repeat itself on the local system or via the computer network, but rather is attached to it, for example, by e-mail or with a very popular program, and it does some hidden tasks to give the hacker distinct rights to the system, in When you disguise as if it is a sound program.

• +1 1

Kaspersky Lab anticipated the risk of such hacks, and it didn't take long for it to become true. Currently, this is one of the most common types of attacks.

• +2 1
  • +4 1

Some words or some icons of the sites may be similar to you, so you will be a victim of your haste. I hope those who discover a fraudulent site will report it in order to be banned.

i think you can check into some websites that verify this kind of scam and verify their URL, you can verify another datas from the company. Maybe it's one of the ways to discovery that. Thanks guys!

• +1 1

If you must use a web wallet, then only use one that is recommended by people backing the coin.

As for fake URLs, experience is the best teacher. Try not to become a prey.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Even though I don't use Phantom wallets, this wallet looks very good as a PoS delegation. You are right to avoid phishing sites is to save (bookmark) sites that we often visit. also we have to frequently, clean the browser and scan devices with antivirus.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

16 minutes ago, neaiplog said:

These are the troubles of GoogleADs they're tolerating phishing web site to be publicized on their look motor. This can be how most gullible people were given scammed.

Therefore do not use URL links from Ads, emails, sites / blogs and always use the domain url from the original source. also we also have to always check the domain / url, we can also check on scamvoid.com, scamdetector.info. You can also use antimalware software that has antiphising.

• +1 1

Yes you are right that is common mistake because a new crypto user does not know how crypto currency from scammers. Here i put some suggestion that use more popular wallet and before using must be read the user review. If you found the user satisfaction report then you join if you found doubtful then you move to the next.

• +1 1
  • +2 2

On 1/26/2020 at 10:44 AM, SuperCrypto said:

I know that alot of people lost alot of money because they log in using fake website . So be careful and it just take only one minute to make sure that you use the true website. 

• +1 1

On 26.01.2020 at 16:44, SuperCrypto said:

I always have tabs on my computer with sites open and with this action I avoid the phishing moment of getting to a net site, I advise you to do the same.

Снимок экрана 2020-02-06 в 18.04.40.png

• +2 1

On 1/26/2020 at 12:29 PM, Xsimple said:

I do not have enough knowledge about crypto currency and other wallet because I only used 1 wallet that is regulated by government.

Me too  I also use one wallet that is regulated by my government why do we keep searching for other wallets when we can easily fall prey to scammer sites

• +1 2

really useful information
and I want to explain to you that phantom wallet can also be used by all browsers

On 2/6/2020 at 5:08 AM, ammarfares said:

I know that alot of people lost alot of money because they log in using fake website . So be careful and it just take only one minute to make sure that you use the true website. 

In some cases, counterfeit mobile applications provide previously created public addresses for users, so they assume that funds will be deposited by the user in the addresses of these wallets, even though they cannot access the private keys of the wallets, and therefore they cannot Access any money sent to them.

• +2 2

When the Trezor Mobile Wallet app appeared, it looked like an original app at first sight, as the developer’s name is also Trezor Inc, and the app’s description and photos look real. But despite everything that was mentioned when downloading the application, you can know the differences because the login screen is different and there is no company name inside the application.

• +1 1