What is Breakeven? - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BullRunBit

What is Breakeven?

Simple explanation of this expression in trading is that is point where you can sell your coins without profit or loss,

like with little profit to cover your trading fees and you get right amount with which you buy that coin. 

Like for example Bitcoin, you buy Bitcoin on price 8,300$ and price up and down and after some time price come back to around 8,300.80$ that price will recover you trading fees (buy and sell) and you will get same amount with which you buy Bitcoin at 8,300$ it is called Breakeven in trading.

Breakeven have different meaning for example for virtual token on Yobit (investbox tokens), for example you buy Liza at 0.00000200 DOGE price and after some time price go down till (currently) 0.00000104 DOGE but you get 10% daily more Liza and that recover your loss with price and for example maybe your Breakeven is on 0.00000100 DOGE now (with coins from investbox). 

Or if you buy some coin/token periodically then your Breakeven will be on different price not on first price on which you buy because you will buy again on some diffrent price.

For this strategy I recommend this website: https://dcabtc.com/

If you have any question freely ask here.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +3 1

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

8 hours ago, MeiLynh said:

This content is required to plan each time you invest and trade. But I see very few people care about it. I want to ask, have I just sold Bitcoin at $ 9000, with the price for me to invest?

I dont understand your question exactly, did you buy Bitcoin at 9,000$ or you want to buy at that price?

Because I write above what is Breakeven and if you buy at that price that means that is your Breakeven and if price go down you are below your Breakeven, you can buy again more Bitcoin and your Breakeven will be lower with total amount which you buy. I will recommend you to read this topic about this strategy:

Breakeven is when you buy crypto against a certain price, say 1,000 USD but without fees you get 9,999 worth in USD. If the price minus fees is 1,000 USD when you sell it's breakeven.

Get $10,- for signing up with Coinbase. Already have a Coinbase account? Get up to $186,- for free by learning about crypto.

Well now I know about breakeven at first when I see this term in aby exchange platform I get confused and too lazy to explore and know about it but now thanks to this I know about it thanks.

Always try to sell bitcoin more than you buy. Profit depends on it. Do not forget to fix the profit received, otherwise nothing will come of it and there will be no profit from trading with cryptocurrencies.

On 1/25/2020 at 10:33 AM, BullRunBit said:

Simple explanation of this expression in trading is that is point where you can sell your coins without profit or loss,

like with little profit to cover your trading fees and you get right amount with which you buy that coin. 

Like for example Bitcoin, you buy Bitcoin on price 8,300$ and price up and down and after some time price come back to around 8,300.80$ that price will recover you trading fees (buy and sell) and you will get same amount with which you buy Bitcoin at 8,300$ it is called Breakeven in trading.

Breakeven have different meaning for example for virtual token on Yobit (investbox tokens), for example you buy Liza at 0.00000200 DOGE price and after some time price go down till (currently) 0.00000104 DOGE but you get 10% daily more Liza and that recover your loss with price and for example maybe your Breakeven is on 0.00000100 DOGE now (with coins from investbox). 

Or if you buy some coin/token periodically then your Breakeven will be on different price not on first price on which you buy because you will buy again on some diffrent price.

For this strategy I recommend this website: https://dcabtc.com/

If you have any question freely ask here.

Break even point in cryptocurrency can be divided into two. Break every price and break even volume. The two are explained in the above post. With Liza example, it highlights break even volume while Bitcoin shows brake even price. Depending on price movement, if positive, break even volume can be less than the volume bought. If I bought Liza at 2sat and price increased to 5 sat, my break even volume will be 50% of my actual holdings

I browsed the site you mentioned, and I found a great idea to invest in bitcoin by buying bitcoin every week for a certain value and after several years it will be a big difference, I did not know about this strategy before, thank you.

This is great information, and very useful for all friends, thank you my friend, for the interest you provided here and a few who know this method of reducing fees

Breakeven is point where total cost and total revenue is equal. It is usually used for production accounting. But if you use it in trading then it means when your buying price and trading fee is equal to sellling price. In simple words if you are not getting any gain or loss then it is breakeven situation.

1 hour ago, altaf007 said:

Breakeven is a timespan many have known about. However, oddly, few acknowledge what it implies. Less despite everything welcome that it must be one of the main contemplations in starting a business. What's more, obviously, you have to separate your numbers before you could decide whether you'll make breakeven – or even break-out into the place where there is benefit. 

In this way, there you are, I've everything except parted with (part, at any rate of) the meaning of breakeven. I should factor out right here that breakeven is routinely abridged as B/E, and is characterized inside the Business Dictionary as 'to appreciate neither increase nor misfortune, neither advantage nor weakness.' In various words, you make neither profit nor a misfortune – your deals are indistinguishable from your costs. 

Presently, clearly, there is a tipping point where you go from a misfortune to a benefit – from losing $1 to picking up $1. In the middle of those two – where your final product is really $Nil – is the factor I am alluding to, and it's known as the breakeven factor, or BEP. It's privilege here, now – in which you've made neither income nor a misfortune – that you can be said to breakeven. 

Presently, I'm certain you may concur, none individuals set out to just have our deals indistinguishable our expenses – to breakeven by this definition. What's more, obviously, this definition fails to assess our set-up costs.

3 hours ago, Opinder said:

Breakeven is point where total cost and total revenue is equal. It is usually used for production accounting. But if you use it in trading then it means when your buying price and trading fee is equal to sellling price. In simple words if you are not getting any gain or loss then it is breakeven situation.

On 2/7/2020 at 11:33 AM, Biplob said:

The break even is the production level where total revenues equals total expenses. In other words, the break-even point is where a company produces the same amount of revenues as expenses either during a manufacturing process or an accounting period.

I dont understand you people, am I ask what is Breakeven or I write/explain what is Breakeven?

Why you write explanation when I already (this topic!) explain what is Breakeven?!

What you want to show, that you know too what is Breakeven?!

You can simple write "I know this too!" don't bother writing because I already write that.

If you have some question or example or anything which is not explanation (because I already write!) freely write here but dont do this because it's not OK!

Well it's good because your selling your coins without a problem and might double you invest with. And it's difficult coin to have, well using breakeven is not bad but in the end we're the ones who can make a decision. 

13 hours ago, Sasaki said:

Well it's good because your selling your coins without a problem and might double you invest with. And it's difficult coin to have, well using breakeven is not bad but in the end we're the ones who can make a decision. 

What you talking about? "double you invest with"? "using breakeven"?

Please read whole text and try to understand first.

4 hours ago, Yawar said:

Well that's really good reading. With all these terminologies, I wouldn’t call that industry stable. Tons of regulatory and political risk. Changing technologies. I don’t think anyone knows how renewables is going to shake out. Based on your criteria do something like Microsoft. Tech is not going to get less pervasive and I would argue they will grow massively over the next 30 years...

What you talking about stock market? I dont understand you at all, how this have connections with breakeven?

Did you read what is breakeven?

4 hours ago, Senorita said:

Often sell bitcoin over you acquire. Earnings are determined by the idea. Do remember to solve your earnings gotten, in any other case nothing at all arrive of computer along with it will have zero cash in on exchanging using cryptocurrencies.

Who talking about earning/profit?

Please read and try to understand what is breakeven, it's not about profit/earning than point where you (your investment) are not in loss and not in profit too like you buy and sell without fees. Simple right? Just needed to read.

13 hours ago, Sasaki said:

What you talking about? "double you invest with"? "using breakeven"?

Please read whole text and try to understand first.

4 hours ago, Yawar said:

Well that's really good reading. With all these terminologies, I wouldn’t call that industry stable. Tons of regulatory and political risk. Changing technologies. I don’t think anyone knows how renewables is going to shake out. Based on your criteria do something like Microsoft. Tech is not going to get less pervasive and I would argue they will grow massively over the next 30 years...

What you talking about stock market? I dont understand you at all, how this have connections with breakeven?

Did you read what is breakeven?

4 hours ago, Senorita said:

Often sell bitcoin over you acquire. Earnings are determined by the idea. Do remember to solve your earnings gotten, in any other case nothing at all arrive of computer along with it will have zero cash in on exchanging using cryptocurrencies.

Who talking about earning/profit?

Please read and try to understand what is breakeven, it's not about profit/earning than point where you (your investment) are not in loss and not in profit too like you buy and sell without fees. Simple right? Just needed to read.

The intention of this method may be to reduce fees, but there will be little profit. I think this method is similar to the way to hedge the deal in Forex. If my understanding of the information is wrong, please explain to me.

Yes, the meaning of Breakeven is to exit the trade with the same amount you entered in without any loss or profit

Life is great and enjoy it

10 hours ago, Thekingcallme said:

Yes, the meaning of Breakeven is to exit the trade with the same amount you entered in without any loss or profit

No it isn't.

Breakeven is point where you dont have loss but you dont have profit too, and it's not about selling than just point.

And I dont understand you, why you must to explain something which is already explained and topic was created to explain what is breakeven it's OK if you share something which I did not already but you just repeat what I say.

Breakeven point is not loss or profit situation . In this level we don't have loss and profit situation .Some time we also see, we have trade some coins in breakeven level to stop loss .

Break even is an important point in any trade. It refers to zero profit and zero loss but I have used it a few times in my previous trades. Whenever I feel that the market is about to fall, I will sell my assets in a way to break even. To achieve this, you need to calculate your transaction fee. For example, if you have bought ETH at $250 and want to sell it to break even, you have to sell it at $250.6 to beat the fees and receive exactly the amount you had invested. When getting profit is impossible, trying to break even is the most necessary thing any trader should think about.

It's very important trading concept to learn. Basically traders use breakeven point to know their existing state of losses and profits. By using this concept traders can modify their trading strategy accordingly. 

Edited by Jessica Karren
Spelling mistake

23 minutes ago, Brushless4500KV said:

Break even is an important point in any trade. It refers to zero profit and zero loss but I have used it a few times in my previous trades. Whenever I feel that the market is about to fall, I will sell my assets in a way to break even. To achieve this, you need to calculate your transaction fee. For example, if you have bought ETH at $250 and want to sell it to break even, you have to sell it at $250.6 to beat the fees and receive exactly the amount you had invested. When getting profit is impossible, trying to break even is the most necessary thing any trader should think about.

Point of Breakeven is to know when are you on 0 same like when you invest.

For example, you invest today & 3 days & 7 days and on price 200$ & 230$ & 190$ your breakeven will be on (just example maybe is not correct precisely) around 220$, I hope you understand me.

11 minutes ago, Jessica Karren said:

It's very important trading concept to learn. Basically traders use breakeven point to know their existing state of losses and profits. By using this concept traders can modify their trading strategy accordingly. 

That is correct, breakeven a lot affect on trading strategy.

Breakeven is what most people who got into this space late 2017 is hoping to achieve. They feel trapped right now with a loss so big they don't want to sell. I bet when we are gonna see a new bull run outside Defi we will see a lot of people leaving the space. A few years of despair and most will have lost faith in crypto.

Само слово безубыточность говорит само за себя . Объем производства и реализация продукции при котором расходы будут компенсированы доходом 

As a trader, what would be the return on me if I trade without profit or loss?
I think I need some scrutiny in the article to know the importance I can use this strategy for my profitability and trading goals, whether in the long or short term.

52 minutes ago, ebnuxor said:

As a trader, what would be the return on me if I trade without profit or loss?
I think I need some scrutiny in the article to know the importance I can use this strategy for my profitability and trading goals, whether in the long or short term.

Nothing? :classic_biggrin:

Break even is a price on which you buy some coin or more precisely for example Yobit have 0.2% fee and if price go up 0.4% (0.2% buy, 0.2% sell) you can sell your coins without loss or profit you will get same amount like you buy.

And to explain this 0.2% buy and 0.2% sell that means that you pay fee for buying which is 0.2% (on Yobit) and same percent for selling that coins and when price like I say above "pump" for 0.4% (fees) you can sell your coins without profit or loss that is break even. And this is not "strategy" this is just trading "expression" for price where you dont have loss or profit.

In conclusion, if you know how to manage a position well by trailing stop, it is not complex at all. You have to hit the stop loss when the chart allows it.