Is it risky to invest in cryptocurrencies based on what you read in the news? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Brushless4500KV

Is it risky to invest in cryptocurrencies based on what you read in the news?

I don't think presently investing in Crypto is risky or i go with any kind of false news which are being circulated more I invest through proper channels and after research on what i am investing.All the companies have there own marketing strategies before launch they want to reach most of the people and use social media platforms for promotions. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 5
  • +2 1

30 minutes ago, Yawar said:

Just doing something because peoples are talking about it, is foolish thing to do.If you're not extremely bullish on bitcoin because you get it, then you are best off buying and holding. Most likely the best route would be to buy BTC with 5% of all new money you invest (if you invest 10% of your income, buy BTC with 0.5% of your income on every pay period or regular time interval). The goal with this is NOT to trade, it's to hold and not sell - like a retirement account.

I didn't mean any news we read. I was only referring to important news that can influence the value of some coins. I have seen some news can change market trends and even move investments from one coin to another. Yes, news are very powerful in some cases. I agree that we should not invest only based on news but we can include the effect of news in our collection of information we use for making a final decision about future investments. For me, the best strategy is using a combination of all sources of data we have access to.

• +1 4
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

2 hours ago, Brushless4500KV said:

Some people only read price predictions when they want to invest in a particular coin. This is a common method but news is also a very important source of gathering information about the future of crypto coins. For example, sometimes you read in the news that a certain finance or a big company have plans to start a project for a particular coin. This kind of news often leads to the increase in value but the effect could be anything. Have you ever invested in any coins based on cryptocurrency news?

Which one do you think is more reliable as the basis for investment, news or price predictions?

I don't rely on news unless they are massively pointing to one direction. 

Usually when something is on the news we know it is a good time to sell. 

"Buy the rumour, sell the news they say". Unless we are in a fomo bull-run I wouldn't buy.

• +2 1

To invest, we cannot use just one basis for analyzing which coins are good and profitable, but must be both news and price predictions as a reference to choose the right coin so as not to lose money

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

It is very risky because now everyone who coming in Bitcoin they only come here for price will go $20000 and $30000. I'm doing here trading and storing Bitcoin too.

• +1 2

See news and pridiction are mixed for crypto currency because with new prices are fluctuate and if there is bad news the price dump also so keep this also in your mind and its depends in news like an market of stocks 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Definitely you have double check what you read, and then read forums, and talk with older or senior members about a particular coin to get a clear picture, of whether to invest or divest. There is just too much manipulation going on and hence be very careful with your money

• +1 1

13 hours ago, Abdulsalihu said:

I don't think it is a nice idea to invest in cryptocurrency based on what u heard on the main stream television u need to embarked on a personal research

yea they need to do their own research but they will still find out there is no better thing to do with your money than trading in crypto.

• +1 1

Yes it is risky of you just refer on news or prediction.always monitor the actual price if you want to succeed on this business.because this coins has a very volatile value.at any moment you may gain huge profit or make huge lost.

Edited by Armcannon
Wrong spell
  • +1 3

The news is not always right. So cryptocurrency should not be invested based on news. It is better to invest in cryptocurrency at your own risk.

Usually the news is fake and unreal and its aim is to influence some in order to buy or sell from a currency and for this I do not find it safe to follow the news and work on what you say

• +1 1

THINK POSITIVE

On 1/23/2020 at 6:14 PM, Rashed Niloy said:

If you do not listen to anyone, I never invest in cryptocurrency based on news.  Because sometimes fake news is aired.  So I think investing in cryptocurrency based on the news is risky.  You will be aware of the timing of the investment

You can follow reliable news about cryptocurrency if you only subscribe to well-known news agencies. They usually publish news based on reliable sources. Fake news can be identified if you search a little about their contents. If you don't find similar news, there is a chance that it is fake. But valid news help you to know what is happening in the world of cryptocurrency and what decisions are being made that can affect the value of some coins. You can take some good measures in advance if you know a certain economic event is going to happen soon.

• +1 1

I think the news is more suitable to be relied on, because the news gets from the right sources even though some are sometimes incorrect. But if based on predictions it is also the same, because predictions are just guessing at just how many numbers go up and sometimes the numbers are very high. I believe more in the news, because the news is always the accurate source.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

On 1/22/2020 at 3:12 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

Some people only read price predictions when they want to invest in a particular coin. This is a common method but news is also a very important source of gathering information about the future of crypto coins. For example, sometimes you read in the news that a certain finance or a big company have plans to start a project for a particular coin. This kind of news often leads to the increase in value but the effect could be anything. Have you ever invested in any coins based on cryptocurrency news?

Which one do you think is more reliable as the basis for investment, news or price predictions?

I think newses are more important because crypto's growth is based on demand and demand of coins depend upon news by any country like if we find a news related to war between two countries then crypto would rise because people from that countries would move to crypto for safety purposes. Thus crypto would rise. On the other hand price prediction could not be true because they are just views of different people. Also now we have new news that US congress going to regulate crypto and it would pump crypto.

• +1 4
  • +2 1

On 1/22/2020 at 5:42 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

Well that’s only support of you calculation and don’t depend with that if you just depend on new then it’s hard to earn more profit you need to have strategy.

It is really risky in anything you do if you give all and left anything for your self or future. We should be smart enough to control every actions we are doing specially when we are talking about our hard earned money, we control our earnings not the other way around.

Well, there are many risk here in cryptocurrency, i think all of the programs and platforms here are a high risk because you are putting some money on it by investing some coins, just search some profitable coin like bitcoin so that you are not having some fear to lose your money.

I don't care about what them say, i just keep working with crypto cuz i trust crypto more than government,  there is no place to get fake information apart from newscaster i hate them. I even stop watching TV for news.

Investment in crypto-currencies have some risk. But if we invest in real coins i hope we will gain huge profit without any risk. Besides this many news portal submit fake news about cryptos. So we have to be aware of this.     

• +1 1

it is risky because the news do not effect the market all the time

you have to learn how to read the chart and how to analyse the market situation

this is the basic things that you have to take in consideration 

That is hard to choose by the way. Because as I noticed sometimes we used both mediums to balance the future of our coins inside of the wallets. But for me, most reliable is news because sometimes prediction is not accurate.